I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2013, 11:09 AM
RE: I am holier than thou
Anyone else going to ask this brain genius what happens when he drops an object?

I'm still waiting for an answer.

(but ps: I think I know the answer)

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2013, 11:26 AM
(22-09-2013 11:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Anyone else going to ask this brain genius what happens when he drops an object?

I'm still waiting for an answer.

(but ps: I think I know the answer)
Satan grabs it and tries to tug it into Hell of course. Duh!

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
22-09-2013, 11:28 AM
(22-09-2013 08:25 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  House of Cantor - I am not a follower of Gwynnite. I am a follower of Hugh Jackgodman.

Heretic. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-09-2013, 11:47 AM
If god was Hugh Jackman, I'd actually pray for some god/human coitius that Zeus was such a big fan of.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
22-09-2013, 11:49 AM
(22-09-2013 11:47 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If god was Hugh Jackman, I'd actually pray for some god/human coitius that Zeus was such a big fan of.

Oh my. I'm going to join your cult. Tongue
22-09-2013, 12:08 PM
(22-09-2013 11:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 11:47 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If god was Hugh Jackman, I'd actually pray for some god/human coitius that Zeus was such a big fan of.

Oh my. I'm going to join your cult. Tongue

I'm gonna tell Near.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-09-2013, 04:23 AM
(22-09-2013 03:30 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Sometimes you play innocent.
(22-09-2013 01:17 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Of course I'm cornered. I'm a little lamb who has found himself backed into a den of wolves.Angel
Hypocritical and self-righteous. Your faith certainly hasn't inspired you to turn the other cheek now has it? Aren't you supposed to be a living example to us heathens? What you don't understand is that almost every word out of your mouth(keyboard) is an insult towards us? I'm not sure you even know it. In every turn of phrase you insist that we are sick, depraved, perverted, ugly, evil, and stupid. What do you expect. Your behavior is repugnant and you think because you wear a Jesus sticker, that it's something to be proud of. We may insult you for being repugnant, and that may make us repugnant as well, however, we didn't come looking for you.
Go back through my posts. I am honest and I am true. I started off as mild as a dove, but over time I have come to see what corrupt and degenerate people you are. A true den of wolves. I say it like it is without any kind of sanctimonious religiosity. Christ himself called the pharisees vipers.

(22-09-2013 03:30 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Christians have ostracized us for centuries, trying to cut us off from friends, family, society, and culture. They (and you) have tried to tell us we are alone in our skepticism, that we have no right to doubt what you believe. For centuries they got away with it because society allowed them to resort to murder to silence us.
What a load of pitiful rubbish. Atheists were unknown much more than 100 years ago in the late 1800's. No people before that time were idiotic to openly claim that there was no god or gods.

(22-09-2013 03:30 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Because of people like you , we have to build our own culture, society, and often times family. That is why we are here.
Notice that I am not in the "I am a crybaby and need a friend forum in Atheist Thinking". I am in the "Heavy Stuff > Atheism and Theism › Real Life Debates with Theists"
What is the point of having a "Atheism and Theism › Real Life Debates with Theists" forum if there are no Theists in it to debate you. If you feel insecure because you can't handle the "Heavy Stuff" forum the go to the "Personal Issues and Support" forum and find a shoulder to cry on.

(22-09-2013 03:30 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Your behavior makes it clear why you are here.
The reason I am here is because I want to debate Atheists. Some people like to play golf, others like to watch me. I like to come here and debate Atheists. If you don't like it then just don't come here to this section.

(22-09-2013 03:30 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  "Knowing" of your own salvation has obviously not softened your heart, or brought you inner peace or contentment. You act like a rich child, not content with the wealth and affluence afforded him, but, insecure and resentful at the emptiness and total lack of meaning despite his good fortune, and compelled to seek easy prey over which to gloat, brag, and boast. Like all the Godly persecutors before you, you justify your behavior by dehumanizing us.
In fact the opposite is true. I regard you as men in the image of God, horribly corrupt and degenerate it is true, but still capable of being pricked in the heart by my stern words and potentially repenting and coming to the faith.
Your priests, ministers and family many of whom sung you lullabies and preached soft words to you did you no good. I may well be the last line of defence for you before you descend into eternal condemnation. I am not here to sing you a lullaby and tuck you into bed at night. I'm here to blast a trumpet of warning into your ear and try to make you WAKE UP and see where your path is taking you, into eternal destruction. If it be that i turn you from your ways and in the end you experience the eternal salvation of the living God by his son Jesus Christ, will you not then love me that i was instrumental as a mediator in the salvation of your soul. In that day you will fall on my neck and embrace me, thanking this gristly old excubitor for his words of glory, light and salvation. What do your mates here offer you. The company of misery guts who have one step in the grave and when the other step is in the grave offer you nothing nothing.

(22-09-2013 03:30 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  You think we haven't seen your kind before? People like you invented the rack, the iron maiden, the wheel, the "Spanish Tickler" (not a condom), the scavenger's daughter, the brazen bull, the knee splitter, thumb screws, water-boarding, the choke pear, and hundreds of other torture devices all in the attempt to shut us up. Like any good dictator, you can't allow the prisoners to share information. I know many Christians who are warm hearted, compassionate people. I respect them because they live what they believe, and don't rub it in other people's faces. People like you are the reason many have left the faith. With you on God's side, who needs Satan? I can only imagine how many people you have driven away from God's word. I almost hope he exists. I'd like to see you answer for that one.
Are you conceding that the scriptures are God's word. If so, then why should you let the evil's of men separate you from God's word.
I have never tortured anybody. The guilt deserve punishment, however torture is intrinsically wrong because it imposes a punishment upon an individual before their guilt is proven. However you should learn your history. The torture techniques which you describe here are not inventions of the Roman Catholic Church. These are the devices of the protestant nations. The protestant reformation unleashed an almost mind boggling period of savagery in the west. Having broken off the restraint and control of the church they debauched themselves with some of the most horrendous tortures and cruelties against men ever devised.

The Catholic techniques of torture were no more invasive than the methods of torture at Guantanamo Bay. There were strict rules. Everything which was done was fastidiously recorded. Torture on an individual was never to be repeated. Bones were never to be broken and permanent injury to the tortures was forbidden. In fact these restraints were a necessary compromise to appease the demands for torture imposed by the secular authority. Without this compromise the church secular state would have lost all restraint and would have committed terrible horrors against their opponents, as was clearly witnessed when the protestants threw off that restraint.

I still don't agree with torture, either in the inquisitions or at Guantanamo Bay. Do you reject the United States of America because they torture inmates at Guantanamo Bay. I would hope not, any more than I would reject the church who was a moderating force during a time of savagery in the medieval ages.

(22-09-2013 03:30 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Run along little lamb. No one asked you to come here. We're certainly not forcing you to stay.
No I like it here. I am not concerned about insults and foul words spoken at me. I point these things out not to defend myself, but rather, to expose the hypocrisy, crudity and banality of atheists in general.
Being a lamb among wolves on an internet forum is not harmful or threatening in even the slightest. When I become a lamb among wolves in the real world I will face the potential for martyrdom. Compared to that a few insults and negative reps is nothing. Your crudities cannot hurt me here. All they can do is expose the vile nature of your atheist mates.
23-09-2013, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2013 06:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-09-2013 04:23 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I started off as mild as a dove, but over time I have come to see what corrupt and degenerate people you are.
What a load of pitiful rubbish. Atheists were unknown much more than 100 years ago in the late 1800's. No people before that time were idiotic to openly claim that there was no god or gods.

What a self-righteous prig. Didn't Jebus called people like this "whited sepulchures". Matthew 23:27
As he has proven again he knows nothing about history, and is actively attempting to misrepresent the truth. It's known as lying.
There were millions of atheists in history, in fact MORE of them historically, than any pedo-cultists, (Catholics). But since he flunked out of school, obviously, he wouldn't know about the facts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism
The man is incapable of debate.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Asserting is not debating.

No

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-09-2013, 05:59 AM

(23-09-2013 04:23 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Notice that I am not in the "I am a crybaby and need a friend forum in Atheist Thinking". I am in the "Heavy Stuff > Atheism and Theism › Real Life Debates with Theists"
What is the point of having a "Atheism and Theism › Real Life Debates with Theists" forum if there are no Theists in it to debate you. If you feel insecure because you can't handle the "Heavy Stuff" forum the go to the "Personal Issues and Support" forum and find a shoulder to cry on.

(23-09-2013 04:23 AM)excubitor Wrote:  The reason I am here is because I want to debate Atheists. Some people like to play golf, others like to watch me. I like to come here and debate Atheists. If you don't like it then just don't come here to this section.

If you want to debate atheists as you say, you (still) haven't responded to my post in the thread "Blind Faith is a Sickness":
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid379180

I invite you to do it... unless you're still sulking like a cry-baby. Because if it is so, you shouldn't be claiming that other people do the same.
Quote this message in a reply