I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2013, 06:02 AM
RE: I am holier than thou
Excubitor proves that he is a God yet again through defiance of logic and rational thought.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2013, 07:24 AM
If you are wanting to debate atheists, you need to go to the boxing ring.
23-09-2013, 07:29 AM
(22-09-2013 09:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Way too much "hard" and "butthurt", and "Catholic" in one thread. (They do *go* together though, I guess)
Weeping
Where are those mods meds ?

*fixt.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-09-2013, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2013 10:43 AM by Cathym112.)
Did I honestly hear you defending the torture committed by Catholics and boiling it down to "oh come now...it wasn't that bad. We didn't leave any marks."

Fuck you, Dude. Torture because of what you believe is NEVER ok. G-bay was not torture because they were Islamic..it was to find the people responsible for the murder of 9/11 and to prevent future attacks on the US. I too, would torture a man I thought kidnapped my daughter to find out where she was being held.

Catholics burned "witches" or women who were educated. Why? Because they didn't submit. The inquisition was not about a threat to anyone's life...it was about converting (forcefully) the other religions into the only "right" religion.

Give me a fucking break and read history...in fact, before you do that, actually read the Bible. You clearly haven't!

In fact, the reason I left the RCC was because what I read in the book didn't jive with the deity or teachings they portrayed.

Go ahead, defend the actions of your mafia. Say that they didn't know better because it was the mentality of the time. "We couldn't know better because no one else (the protestants) did." Then what are you for?!? Either the edicts of the RCC are eternal or their not. The fact that they can change their mind in line with what is acceptable to society leads me to believe that I can be morally superior to them.

A homosexual has no choice but to be homosexual. It's their biology. And "god" has to take credit for their biology. If you think they chose their sexual orientation, I'd like to ask you when you decided to be heterosexual. It must have been a big decision for you and one you would remember making. You don't remember because you were born that way.

Your holier than thou attitude comes from your notion that you are saved. You are on the right track, which means all of us must be wrong. Because you can't stomach the thought that you could be wrong, you must work hard to validate your rightness with self righteousness. That is what is so off putting.

Did you ever consider that even if you are right, and god is exists, and we atheists were given unrefutable evidence that he did exist as described in the bible and that every word was true and accurately scribed, that we STILL WOULDN'T WORSHIP A MONSTER such as the god of the bible. He is a murderous, petty, jealous, moody, vindictive abortionist! I don't care if he is real or not - God is an asshole.
That's right, the god of the bible is an asshole and I would RATHER spend an eternity in hell than to spend one second by his side, because to me, that would be an even worse form of hell.

You are free to stay here and debate but that's not what you are doing. Debate is not synonymous with proselytizing. If you were to divorce yourself from your passion and speak on a philosophical level, which means you address te questions directly and not the way you are doing it, then we welcome that debate. The nature of a debate is not to determine who is right and who is wrong, but rather to bring points, questions and ethic implications worthy of consideration to either side. For a debate to be successful, both sides have to concede to certain points.

I've debated plenty of theists on the mathematical impossibility of the accurateness of the bible due to the faulty human memory and language evolution and distortion from multiple translations. Those debates did not include passionate or childish tactics. It was a calm conversation about the merits of the topic with each side conceding possibilities. That's not what you are doing at all. For example, I've had plenty of theists conceded that its less likely that the laws of the universe were suspended to allow for an immaculate conception than for a Jewish minx to tell a lie. It's more likely that Mary lied and was not a virgin (admittance of infidelity would have ensured her death), than it was that Jesus was born of a literal Virgin. You have conceded nothing and that betrays any credibility you might have established. Atheists on the other hand, conceded that it IS possible that there is a god, but you still haven't proven that it cares about what we do with our private parts, and with whom, and what we eat, and on what day.

Atheists have high IQs. You will need to find more IQ in order to debate us. Otherwise your arguments are a child's temper tantrum and I'm sorry to say, very plain and obvious to see.

You have a low IQ, not because you are un-researched or uneducated about the origins and history of your religion (Jesus is not an original story-he has the same beginnings as Dionisis, Horus, and a 1,000 other gods. Coincidence? Me thinks not!). But because you believe that the sun revolves around the earth despite all evidence to the contrary!

Btw - did you disprove gravity yet? Drop an object to see if it falls? I know someone eager to hear your answer.....

As I said in my other post. You would rather die than live in a world where you are responsible for yourself. Church rules - I'm just following them. I am capable of violence and cruelty but hey, thats just how god made me. Not my fault! I realize that it is scary being the boss (I run my own business, I take responsibility for my successes AND my failures). So I get it. I totally get it. The fact that you aren't willing even an iota of self reflection as to why you cannot think critically says a lot about you. You clearly need to follow - like a sheep. We don't need to follow. We blaze our own trails, think for ourselves, and live life as we see fit and question everthing. But hey, thats how god made us right?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
23-09-2013, 09:39 AM
(23-09-2013 05:59 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(23-09-2013 04:23 AM)excubitor Wrote:  The reason I am here is because I want to debate Atheists. Some people like to play golf, others like to watch me. I like to come here and debate Atheists. If you don't like it then just don't come here to this section.

If you want to debate atheists as you say, you (still) haven't responded to my post in the thread "Blind Faith is a Sickness":
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid379180

I invite you to do it... unless you're still sulking like a cry-baby. Because if it is so, you shouldn't be claiming that other people do the same.

Don't feel bad.

He can't respond to the demonstrable existence of gravity, either. And that doesn't even have anything to do with a/theism.

... this is my signature!
23-09-2013, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2013 11:32 AM by Slowminded.)
Quote:G-bay was not torture because they were Islamic..it was to find the people responsible for the murder of 9/11 and to prevent future attacks on the US. I too, would torture a man I thought kidnapped my daughter to find out where she was being held.

Are you serious?

If you are, let me just remind you that the people in those planes on 9/11 also THOUGHT they are doing the right thing, had reasons that seemed perfectly fine to them as your reason for torturing somebody who you THINK kidnapped your daughter seems ok to you.

People who burned "witches" also THOUGHT they have perfectly fine reasons to do that.

You are no better then them, you just value YOUR reasons more.

Don't get me wrong, if I really thought that somebody kidnapped my daughter I would torture him to save her life without hesitation, I just wouldn't be that dishonest to proclaim that what I am doing is within my rights.

This is why we have laws and justice system, so people wouldn't go around torturing people or burning witches or flying planes into buildings for reasons they personally find to be enough to justify their actions.

What I'm saying is: Who the fuck are you to decide what are acceptable reasons to torture somebody?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
23-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Slowminded - I don't decide. My point was to counter his point about the torture Catholics did. He was comparing that torture to the torture at G-bay by the US and how I wouldn't abandon the United States simply because I disagreed with them.

I'm an animal. A primate. Capable of violence that shocks even myself. But I admit that, don't dont claim that my way is the righteous way or that anyone not on my path is going to burn in hell for eternity.

I was addressing the point X-cubed made about how the torture committed by the mafia he supports is no big deal because they didn't leave any marks. Or brushing off the protection and facilitation of rape and psychological torture of children as the "imperfections of people". Nay nay.

Before you jump into a conversation, please read back a little to understand context. Please and thank you very much, slowminded.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
23-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Not that I want to get into this: but I highly doubt the skilled interrogators "thought" they were doing the right thing. They thought they were doing what was necessary. That's a subtle but significant difference.

The forced conversion of people into a religion is not the same as coercing informants to give information about where the next attack might be or where the leader is.

I agree though, that usually when people believe that they have Divine authorization to do something, the capacity for atrocities is staggering.

[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
23-09-2013, 12:00 PM
(23-09-2013 11:52 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Slowminded - I don't decide. My point was to counter his point about the torture Catholics did. He was comparing that torture to the torture at G-bay by the US and how I wouldn't abandon the United States simply because I disagreed with them.

I'm an animal. A primate. Capable of violence that shocks even myself. But I admit that, don't dont claim that my way is the righteous way or that anyone not on my path is going to burn in hell for eternity.

I was addressing the point X-cubed made about how the torture committed by the mafia he supports is no big deal because they didn't leave any marks. Or brushing off the protection and facilitation of rape and psychological torture of children as the "imperfections of people". Nay nay.

Before you jump into a conversation, please read back a little to understand context. Please and thank you very much, slowminded.

It's almost like he's a little... slowminded.

[Image: YEAH.JPG]

I couldn't help myself

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
23-09-2013, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2013 12:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
It's the cognitive dissonance thing. Cognitive dissonance meters flash and sound, loud and strong, in the brains of "true beliebers". Those noises must be silenced. The lengths they will go to, in order to keeps those alarms and drums of doubt at bay, are truly astounding.
It is just amazing that humans in 2013, actually live their day-to-day lives referencing ancient mythological systems, *as if* they were actually literally true, and as though there had been no human progress in 2000 years.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post