I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2013, 10:21 AM
RE: I am holier than thou
(17-09-2013 09:59 AM)absols Wrote:  like what excubitor just did, he deformed what i clearly said to serve his forcing will

when the thing is seen being constant, it is the lie, which mean the powers on things to stay same

the constancy is not to the thing, the constancy is to positive constant source

in the mean that a thing in truth is positive constant end from its fact value so of nothing but alone

while excubitor, mean to force the perspective of relative physical things as being true, which is absurd
it is the will to kill the truth by replacing it with the most superificial appearance of objects realities

that is why surely, he said that by accident i could appear profound, again he is evil meaning to force the perspective of killing the depth by replacing it with the most superficial sight
Its a pity I had to deform your words in order to make them profound.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2013, 10:29 AM
(17-09-2013 10:06 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 09:51 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I would like to speak generally about all intrinsic moral evils rather than about homosexuality specifically.
The joy in teaching a sinner about their intrinsic moral evil that they are engaging in is that having been told and warned, they might repent, renounce their sin and turn to God. As Jesus said "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."

OK, general discussion it is. What is sin? Drinking Beverage
Sin is the transgression of Gods law. The first being Thou shalt not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil given to Adam. Then the ten commandments given to Israel. Fulfilled by the law of the New Covenant revealed to us in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every thought, word and deed which is contrary to God and his teachings in the scripture and as taught by the church is sin of one degree or another.

The seven deadly sins as taught by the church are
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

The bible teaches that there are seven sins that are an abomination unto God
A proud look
A lying tongue
Hands that shed innocent blood
A heart that devises wicked plots
Feet that are swift to run into mischief
A deceitful witness that uttereth lies
Him that soweth discord among brethren

Other sins as taught by the church are contraception, abortion, masturbation.

The wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
17-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi excubitor,
There is a stark contrast between your self deprecating descriptions of yourself and the spirit of your comments.

(17-09-2013 08:04 AM)excubitor Wrote:  It is in their heart of hearts, their deeper inmost thoughts that they shudder. However they delude themselves and bury these subconscious stirrings deep under layers of lies.
This type of claim, to know the minds and hearts of other people, is not only beyond human capabilities, but is arrogance of he highest order. Your comments blatantly reveal you as a presuppositionalist. You have accepted the Bible at face value without question as fact, and you bend the facts to fit your predetermined conclusion.
As atheists, our minds do not work that way. Rather than starting with a conclusion, we start with information. Then we evaluate whether it is true or not. Finally we use information that is demonstrably true to gain an understanding of reality. When biblical claims are evaluated as information, it fails to be compelling due to the lack of supporting evidence. We truly in our heart of hearts, disbelieve.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
17-09-2013, 10:35 AM
(17-09-2013 10:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 09:46 AM)excubitor Wrote:  ...
[Q.] How can someone be "born atheist".

[A.] Parents pass on their beliefs to their children.

Yeah, I'm still awake... just.

Note above that you answered your own question.

We are all born with no beliefs and then acquire them through the influences around us.

Atheism is non-belief so it is not acquired. It is the rejection of a belief.

Get that and you'll be on first base (KidC, are you proud of me for using an Murikanisationalism?) when it comes to understanding many atheists.

Thumbsup
Not sure how you can argue that rejecting a belief is not acquiring a non-belief. I am pretty sure you are contradicting yourself. I do believe that atheism can be chosen personally and directly just like any other religion can be chosen personally and directly by the individual.
I also believe that atheism can be taught from the cradle by atheistic parents, just like Christian parents can teach their baby from the cradle. It is very hard for a child to reject and change from the indoctrination of their parents, which is why I believe my children will be Christians all their life. I worked very hard to indoctrinate them in the Christian religion from the time they were born.
Most apostates who depart from the faith have received very weak faith formation from their parents and so have been unable to resist the deceptions and lies that they encounter when they leave home and go to college.

By the way do you still think that absols post made sense?
17-09-2013, 10:36 AM
(17-09-2013 10:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "....homosexuality is an intrinsic moral evil...."

What a sad world you live in where love is considered evil.

Apparently The Roman Catholic Church.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
17-09-2013, 10:37 AM
(17-09-2013 10:29 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 10:06 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  OK, general discussion it is. What is sin? Drinking Beverage
Sin is the transgression of Gods law. The first being Thou shalt not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil given to Adam. Then the ten commandments given to Israel. Fulfilled by the law of the New Covenant revealed to us in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every thought, word and deed which is contrary to God and his teachings in the scripture and as taught by the church is sin of one degree or another.

The seven deadly sins as taught by the church are
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

The bible teaches that there are seven sins that are an abomination unto God
A proud look
A lying tongue
Hands that shed innocent blood
A heart that devises wicked plots
Feet that are swift to run into mischief
A deceitful witness that uttereth lies
Him that soweth discord among brethren

Other sins as taught by the church are contraception, abortion, masturbation.

The wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So is a baby born today a sinner?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
17-09-2013, 10:38 AM

(17-09-2013 10:09 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I am declaring you as an atheist. Sorry if that seems arrogant.

You can declare whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true. You seem to be having problems understanding this.

(17-09-2013 10:09 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Like I said in a previous post. I acknowledge that it is a phrase used to insult theists in an unthinking abusive manner.

Cry-baby. Laughat

(17-09-2013 10:09 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 09:48 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  Your posts here don't reflect that. You display arrogance, self-righteousness, ignorance, and disrespect.
I think that these are just unthinking insults flung out in an abusive manner like your "holier than thou" insult was.

Those weren't insults, those were descriptions of your conduct on this forum. Grow a pair, you cry-baby.

(17-09-2013 10:09 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Whatever God suspected of Cain was confirmed when he rose up and murdered his brother Abel and left his blood spilling into the ground. You reckon that makes Cain as righteous as Abel do you? How backward is that?

If God had favored Cain instead, who says Abel wouldn't have done the same and killed Cain?

(17-09-2013 10:09 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I have one argument for you and that is that you are a rude person with a proclivity to shoot off unthinking labels, rhetoric and insults. Of course I have no further intention to engage with you. You put a lot of effort into being rude which is why all of my future efforts will be directed toward ignoring you.

Of course that, by acting offended, you were actually setting the stage for refusing to continue debating me, because you were cornered and left without arguments, so you needed an excuse, in order not to lose your honor. It's not the first time I come across such a tactic. It's deceptive, and most of all, cowardly. And cowardice is a sin, dear Christian.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
This is the second death.
" (Revelation 21:8)

Therefore, allow me to add "cowardly" to my list of "insults" towards you, and proclaim my victory. Clap

[Image: victory-252.gif]

Get back in the hole you crawled out of, you coward.
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2013, 10:39 AM
(17-09-2013 10:36 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 10:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "....homosexuality is an intrinsic moral evil...."

What a sad world you live in where love is considered evil.

Apparently The Roman Catholic Church.

Which is not a surprise of course. I just find it so frustratingly sad and backwards that a man loving a man or a woman loving a woman is evil. But a god who creates hell for you to "choose" to go to, loves you.

It is downright mind-boggling. (and that's ignoring some of his more finite punishments and examples of cruelty, like the flood or sending the she-bears to murder 40 children or crucifying his son for a woman eating an apple thousands of years in the past or...I could go on Drinking Beverage )

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
17-09-2013, 10:39 AM
(17-09-2013 08:23 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 08:15 AM)absols Wrote:  u r sick of ur will to put ...
This looks like some primitive dialect. Can someone translate?
At this point I have chosen not to respond to this post on account of its extreme illegibility.
See my translation here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ols?page=2

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
17-09-2013, 10:41 AM
(17-09-2013 10:10 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  When something god said "don't do or think" is done or thought about doing. Unless it is done or thought about by god, then it isn't a sin because "fuck you, that's why."

I'm paraphrasing Drinking Beverage
How does swearing help your argument. Why do atheists swear and theists generally do not swear.

(17-09-2013 10:10 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  As to the OP. You may be holier than someone who lacks any religious belief, but that is like saying that you also have more Touchdowns in baseball than someone who doesn't play your version of the game. And we don't play because your game is made-up and doesn't make sense.
Of course. That was my argument exactly. I explained in a logical and reasoned manner why I am holier than thou, because you do not value holiness and regard it as made up nonsense. Whereas I treasure holiness and make it the goal of my life.