I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light.
Good to have you on Dru. Liquor in the front, poker in the rear. Big Grin

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
25-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Welcome aboard

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi there.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Me new here too.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
25-11-2013, 03:32 PM
so much love, thank you guys!

My music and mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/dru-denizen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2013, 03:56 PM
(24-11-2013 02:58 AM)Dru Denizen Wrote:  Hello everyone.

I have been a huge fan of The Thinking Atheist for several months now. I have gone through a pretty aggressive and confusing journey as most of you reading this probably have.

I do have some pretty deep, and what I see now as traumatic experiences of some deep seeded emotional childhood indoctrination stories, but with this being my first post I want to start things off by just saying Hi.

Seth and his podcast has been amazing for me, and my search for reality, and all of you who have been calling in showing the rest of us that we are not alone in this battle have played a significant part in my current mindset.

Thank you all for that, and I am excited to finally add myself to this online community.

Hiro.
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
07-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Hello!
13-01-2014, 04:05 AM
Looks like the last post was sometime last year. OK, well then, hello! I have never entered a blog, but I decided today was the day as it is pretty damn lonely here for an Atheist "deep in the heart of Texas." Small town Texas, that is. I moved to small town Texas from Houston, a huge difference. And before that California, an even larger difference.

The Christians are swarming here, and I work at a domestic violence shelter for women that is full of Christian staff.

I did not start out as an undercover Atheist on my job because I did not care to partake in the small prayer circles that were taking place here. I was honest and informed them, expecting tolerance, that "I am Atheist."

I have been at this job little more than a year, and all I get is hell, in covert form, from my coworkers and my manager. Most recently, my manager asked me to go outside to meet her son-in-law and her daughter. I went out and offered her son-in-law my hand in greeting. He nor his wife looked at me; they were not smiling either. I quickly lowered my hand.

Immediately, my idiot manager began laughing and giddily prancing around and said, "you're afraid of him aren't you Dee? Yeah you're afraid of him. Aren't you scared? He's a pastor of a church. He's a minister. Yeah you're scared." I was too stunned to speak; my mouth fell opened; I turned and went back to work.

Now how bazaar is that? I believe she expected me to fall at her son-in-laws feet, convulse, and spit forth an evil spirit or melt as the Wicked Witch of the West melted.

There they were, three Neanderthals crouched in their den shaking in stark fear at hadows they couldn't identify, howling and wandering when the sun will appear and vanquish the unknown.

This whole incident has convinced me to undertake a move that I have been considering, a move toward embracing anti-theism. It's past time the human race quit howling at the dark.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post