I am now a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 07:59 AM
RE: I am now a Christian
(20-06-2017 11:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  I can't think of anything more pathetic than attempting to resurrect the cult of some dead God...

Well, apparently we have someone here who worships? (Believes in? Takes the idiocy of hipsterness to dizzying new heights?) the Old Norse gods*. That's a whole new vertiginous level of stupid. They walk amongst us, my friend Gasp (The hipster looneys, not the Norse gods)

* Me, I wanna hear more about the New and Improved Norse gods.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
21-06-2017, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 09:05 AM by Heath_Tierney.)
(21-06-2017 07:59 AM)Vera Wrote:  Well, apparently we have someone here who worships? (Believes in? Takes the idiocy of hipsterness to dizzying new heights?) the Old Norse gods*. That's a whole new vertiginous level of stupid. They walk amongst us, my friend Gasp (The hipster looneys, not the Norse gods)

If I had to worship a deity, it would be Frigg.

Frigg friggin' rawks!

Any goddess that looks like this is OK in my books:
[Image: d72856ebac12d9b2b13facd08b113b97.jpg]

Actually, Frigg here kinda looks like you, Vera...
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
21-06-2017, 08:36 AM
(21-06-2017 08:06 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Actually, Frigg here kinda looks like you, Vera...

If I were blond *and* good-looking - sure [Image: 1457201996.gif]

I do sleep with my hair in a braid, though, cause I pull on it otherwise Yes

(It's the believing part that I can't wrap my head around. If you sincerely believe in old norse, greek, who have you, gods, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. And if you say you do because you think it's cool, you're a ridiculous hipster-like creature *on top* on being an idiot)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
21-06-2017, 08:37 AM
(21-06-2017 08:06 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 07:59 AM)Vera Wrote:  Well, apparently we have someone here who worships? (Believes in? Takes the idiocy of hipsterness to dizzying new heights?) the Old Norse gods*. That's a whole new vertiginous level of stupid. They walk amongst us, my friend Gasp (The hipster looneys, not the Norse gods)

If I hadj to worship a deity, it would be Frigg.

Frigg friggin' rawks!

Any goddess that looks like this is OK in my books:
[Image: d72856ebac12d9b2b13facd08b113b97.jpg]

Actually, Frigg here kinda looks like you, Vera...

Ooooohhhh what does Frigg do? She's pretty! Can I worship her, too?
21-06-2017, 08:42 AM
(21-06-2017 08:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  Ooooohhhh what does Frigg do? She's pretty! Can I worship her, too?
She's a Nordic goddess of love and marriage
Quote:Frigga (also known as Frigg, The Beloved) was the goddess of love, marriage, and destiny. She was the wife of the powerful Norse god Odin, The All-Father.

A sky goddess, responsible for weaving the clouds (and therefore for sunshine and rain and the fertility of the crops), she was also responsible for weaving the fates.

She was known as a 'seer', one who knew the future though she could never change it.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
21-06-2017, 09:03 AM
(20-06-2017 02:20 PM)Leerob Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 01:25 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Whatever makes life easier for you, LeeRob.
God can make your life easier too, my blessed friend.

No dear, deity belief only complicates reality. Believing alters what is real for the believer and I don't think that is healthy.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
21-06-2017, 09:32 AM
If this is satire, it'd be nice to have that marked in the title. Text is a bitch to detect sarcasm in

If this is serious, why?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-06-2017, 09:43 AM
(21-06-2017 09:03 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 02:20 PM)Leerob Wrote:  God can make your life easier too, my blessed friend.

No dear, deity belief only complicates reality. Believing alters what is real for the believer and I don't think that is healthy.
That is what you say because you are young and naive but that's ok. This is why I share my enlightenment with you. Let God move you in ways nobody has ever moved you before. Jesus will come a second time for you and then you will know for sure Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
21-06-2017, 09:47 AM
(21-06-2017 08:42 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 08:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  Ooooohhhh what does Frigg do? She's pretty! Can I worship her, too?
She's a Nordic goddess of love and marriage
Quote:Frigga (also known as Frigg, The Beloved) was the goddess of love, marriage, and destiny. She was the wife of the powerful Norse god Odin, The All-Father.

A sky goddess, responsible for weaving the clouds (and therefore for sunshine and rain and the fertility of the crops), she was also responsible for weaving the fates.

She was known as a 'seer', one who knew the future though she could never change it.

Cool, I'm in- do you have the sign-up sheet?
21-06-2017, 11:07 AM
(21-06-2017 09:43 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Jesus will come a second time for you and then you will know for sure Smile

Yeah, it's been a couple thousand years. But, hey, it takes time to come the second time.