I am now churchless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: I am now churchless.
Ah, my bad, must have missed that verse.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 11:16 AM
(22-04-2013 10:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  How is it wrong?

It's logic 101.

God is omnipotent (that's the right word right?)
This means god is all powerful.
Thus, god knows all.
Thus, god knows if you truly believe.
Thus, what fucking difference does it make if you announce that to the world by going to a boring lecture every Sunday morning or if you just stfu?

To say that you must profess your belief implies that god is not all powerful in which case he is not god.

So really KC, by going to church you are saying God is not God...
What kind of Christian are you to say what is and what isn't God KC??
For shame!

Omnipotent is all powerful, yes. But his knowitallness is called omniscience. Which begs the question.... how can a being know everything and at the same time be able to change things?

After all, if I know everything, then I can't change it. And if I can change everything, I can't know it.

Thus... since god is a logical impossibility, it is impossible for a Christian to know whether or not god wants him to go to a fancy building every Sunday or whether God wants him to sleep late and maybe have a little fun with momma every Sunday.

And in case you weren't aware... god can also go north and south at the same time while arriving at an eastern destination via a westbound trajectory. Shocking

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
22-04-2013, 11:41 AM
(20-04-2013 06:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  KC, so do you make any decisions? Or are events predetermined so you need not make decisions?

The more I think about this predetermined thing, the more it looks like anything one did would be totally pointless.

Just sit back and let whatever happens, happen, since it was predetermined to happen anyway.

Consider

Bump. I was seriously asking, KC. I can't make sense of this.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-04-2013, 11:51 AM
(22-04-2013 11:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 06:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  KC, so do you make any decisions? Or are events predetermined so you need not make decisions?

The more I think about this predetermined thing, the more it looks like anything one did would be totally pointless.

Just sit back and let whatever happens, happen, since it was predetermined to happen anyway.

Consider

Bump. I was seriously asking, KC. I can't make sense of this.

Of course you can't. You're not bat-shit crazy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-04-2013, 05:24 PM
KC, hellooooooooo!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-04-2013, 05:28 PM
(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is a weird situation for both of us... we've never been churchless or had to find a new church home.

Here's an idea. How about you don't find a new church?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
23-04-2013, 01:01 PM
(22-04-2013 05:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is a weird situation for both of us... we've never been churchless or had to find a new church home.

Here's an idea. How about you don't find a new church?

Sorry Logica, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside. Logic and reasonableness are forbidden in this thread.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Come on, guys, KC has clearly stated that going to a church gives him and his family a place where they belong to and a sense of community. Why would you want to stop him from achieving that? No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
23-04-2013, 04:35 PM
(23-04-2013 04:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Come on, guys, KC has clearly stated that going to a church gives him and his family a place where they belong to and a sense of community. Why would you want to stop him from achieving that? No

Aye? Are ye implying there ain't any other more constructive communities they can't be apart of? Missin' the group identity is hardly a reason to find another shitty Church, mein freund.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
23-04-2013, 04:56 PM
(23-04-2013 04:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Come on, guys, KC has clearly stated that going to a church gives him and his family a place where they belong to and a sense of community. Why would you want to stop him from achieving that? No

Because there are non-toxic places for community.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post