I am now churchless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2013, 09:30 AM
RE: I am now churchless.
(24-04-2013 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Come on, guys, KC has clearly stated that going to a church gives him and his family a place where they belong to and a sense of community. Why would you want to stop him from achieving that? No

Thanks, Vosur. While it's frustrating... I get their point of view.

It's the same thing when I tell an atheist I'm praying for them. It's how I express my concern for someone that matters to me. In the same way, atheists are expressing their concern in the best way they know how. It seems right to them, and I can appreciate that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in what I said. You do not need a church for a sense of community or spirituality.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I am now churchless.
(24-04-2013 09:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  KC, give us some details so we can have a clearer understanding of your needs. What are the different community needs your church satisfied for you? For your wife? For your kids?

Were there any detriments you needed to work around or repair post hoc from your prior church?

I am looking for a church that is pastor-elder led.
I am looking for a church that subscribes to the tenets of Reformed Theology.
I am looking for a church with a strong educational program.
I am looking for a church that has a genuine heart for ministry.
I am looking for a church where my wife and I can grow and can gain lasting friendships.
I am looking for a church with a strong nursery and children's program for my kids.

My old church was committee-congregation led.
My old church subscribed to the tenets of Arminianism.
My old church has a mediocre educational program.
My old church has a genuine heart for ministry.
My old church didn't allow for my wife and I to grow, and we only had superficial friendships.
My old church had a strong nursery and children's program.

Well, I'm glad to know you're not picky! ;)

Sounds like you need an Angie's List of Churches. Hasn't someone made a site like that yet? All the criteria you listed above sound like perfect search filters to me. What the hell good is this Internet anyway?

I wish you luck in your quest. In the end, you'll always have us. =D
24-04-2013, 12:34 PM
(24-04-2013 09:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 11:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't know what's in your area KC or what you are interested in (beside Church) but here's an idea.
Those building project things. You volunteer to go with a bunch of people to a building site and build a home for a bunch of poor people.
Perfect family activity, you get to socialize AND you'd be doing a far more "Christian" thing then going to church every Sunday...

Just throwing ideas out there.

Building projects aren't the best thing for a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old, though.

Like I said, just throwing ideas out there to get my point across.

What would your god want more? For you to sit in a church and hear the same words you know inside out, or you volunteering that time to help someone in true need as to better their situation?

John 3:17, "But whoever has the world’s possessions and sees his fellow Christian in need and shuts off his compassion against him, how can the love of God reside in such a person?"

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
12-05-2013, 12:01 AM
I am now churchless.
So, how goes the Church Search? Have a Top 10 yet?
14-05-2013, 07:08 AM
(12-05-2013 12:01 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  So, how goes the Church Search? Have a Top 10 yet?

We think we've found one. It's actually like 5 minutes away from the house. It's a Reformed Church that we never new about... strange too... because it's large and right off the main highway.

Anyway, the pastor is my old Associate Pastor from my parent's church. So, we have a good rapport with him.

And man... he is super reformed... almost as much as me Big Grin

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-05-2013, 08:19 AM
(14-05-2013 07:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 12:01 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  So, how goes the Church Search? Have a Top 10 yet?

We think we've found one. It's actually like 5 minutes away from the house. It's a Reformed Church that we never new about... strange too... because it's large and right off the main highway.

Anyway, the pastor is my old Associate Pastor from my parent's church. So, we have a good rapport with him.

And man... he is super reformed... almost as much as me Big Grin

I am surprisingly pleased for you.

Good job.

14-05-2013, 08:21 AM
I am now churchless.
(14-05-2013 07:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

And man... he is super reformed... almost as much as me :D

I see. So, you join up, get in good with the old man, wait for him to knock off, then take over as pastor. Genius! You'll have your own sect in no time.
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
14-05-2013, 09:47 AM
(14-05-2013 08:21 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  You'll have your own sect in no time.

What's with Christians and having sects ?
14-05-2013, 09:51 AM
(14-05-2013 09:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 08:21 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  You'll have your own sect in no time.

What's with Christians and having sects ?

They are so prudish about sects.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
14-05-2013, 11:19 AM
(14-05-2013 09:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  They are so prudish about sects.

Every missionary has his own position on the matter...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post