I am now churchless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: I am now churchless.
At least you're not pantless. That would be really emBARErASSing.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-04-2013, 02:58 PM
(18-04-2013 02:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:49 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Might I suggest you not ask members here what church would be appropriate for you... Big Grin

lol which is why I didn't.

You heathens are wily.

[Image: wile_coyote_acme_church.jpg]

Can't say we won't try... Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 10 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
18-04-2013, 03:48 PM
(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  QC and I left our church last night due to some issues that we do not agree with.

It was the church that she grew up in, so there are a lot of good memories there... and, in a weird way, it's hard to leave. But, we couldn't see any other way to handle the situation.

We've both gone a traditional Southern Baptist church most of our lives. At this point, we don't ever want to be associated with the denomination ever again.

This is also supported by the fact that we are Reformed... which is in direct contention with the Arminian beliefs of Southern Baptists.

We know of a few Reformed churches in the area, but if they don't work out, I think we're going to visit some Presbyterian churches.

This is a weird situation for both of us... we've never been churchless or had to find a new church home.

I would highly recommend the Anglicans/Episcopalians. I suspect in that area, they are conservative yet very gracious. They won't bother you about your personal beliefs, yet be a very supportive congregation. They would be happy to have you, with all your Biblcal knowledge and expertise, and probably want you to teach.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I suggest you remain so. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
18-04-2013, 03:55 PM
(18-04-2013 03:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  QC and I left our church last night due to some issues that we do not agree with.

It was the church that she grew up in, so there are a lot of good memories there... and, in a weird way, it's hard to leave. But, we couldn't see any other way to handle the situation.

We've both gone a traditional Southern Baptist church most of our lives. At this point, we don't ever want to be associated with the denomination ever again.

This is also supported by the fact that we are Reformed... which is in direct contention with the Arminian beliefs of Southern Baptists.

We know of a few Reformed churches in the area, but if they don't work out, I think we're going to visit some Presbyterian churches.

This is a weird situation for both of us... we've never been churchless or had to find a new church home.

I would highly recommend the Anglicans/Episcopalians. I suspect in that area, they are conservative yet very gracious. They won't bother you about your personal beliefs, yet be a very supportive congregation. They would be happy to have you, with all your Biblcal knowledge and expertise, and probably want you to teach.

I have a very good friend that is Episcopalian. So, I might give it a thought... hmmm...

And you flatter me... I no expert and I've had no formal training. I'm pretty sure those type churches require that to teach.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-04-2013, 04:16 PM

Why? What happened? I thought you were a deacon over there or something.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
18-04-2013, 04:17 PM
(18-04-2013 03:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest you remain so. Drinking Beverage

For a while, I might.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
18-04-2013, 04:18 PM
(18-04-2013 04:16 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Why? What happened? I thought you were a deacon over there or something.

No. Just a regular member.

18-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Me, I think it's a good step. First churchless, then faithless, then godless. Heck, you're practically one of us already, why not dive all the way in instead of just dipping your toe? I promise, the water's fine.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
18-04-2013, 04:21 PM

What issues caused you to leave your church?