I am now churchless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: I am now churchless.
(18-04-2013 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 04:16 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Why? What happened? I thought you were a deacon over there or something.

No. Just a regular member.

That's unfortunate. As a former believer, I understand what it's like to leave a church like that.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 04:23 PM
(18-04-2013 04:20 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Me, I think it's a good step. First churchless, then faithless, then godless. Heck, you're practically one of us already, why not dive all the way in instead of just dipping your toe? I promise, the water's fine.

lol, y'all have been saying that for a year and a half. Not gonna happen Smile

<3 though

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
18-04-2013, 04:24 PM
(18-04-2013 04:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  QC and I left our church last night due to some issues that we do not agree with.

What issues caused you to leave your church?

Typical political BS that happens in SB churches... this time it was just blatant.

18-04-2013, 04:26 PM
(18-04-2013 04:23 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No. Just a regular member.

That's unfortunate. As a former believer, I understand what it's like to leave a church like that.

It is very unfortunate. It's unfortunate that it had to happen in the first place... but the church is being torn to pieces. And, I'm not going to continue to associated with it.

18-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey that sucks! I know how important church was for you, I hope you find one that you can be comfortable with!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
18-04-2013, 04:50 PM
(18-04-2013 04:20 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Me, I think it's a good step. First churchless, then faithless, then godless. Heck, you're practically one of us already, why not dive all the way in instead of just dipping your toe? I promise, the water's fine.

And,

[Image: come-to-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies-5.png]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
18-04-2013, 05:49 PM
(18-04-2013 04:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 04:23 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  That's unfortunate. As a former believer, I understand what it's like to leave a church like that.

It is very unfortunate. It's unfortunate that it had to happen in the first place... but the church is being torn to pieces. And, I'm not going to continue to associated with it.

Let me guess.....over gay marriage?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
18-04-2013, 05:58 PM
We want dirty details KC, don't tease us

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-04-2013, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 09:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  QC and I left our church last night due to some issues that we do not agree with.
This is a weird situation for both of us... we've never been churchless or had to find a new church home.

This is an opportunity for you 2 to interview new Churches and decide for yourselves who to commune with. Your faith in Calvinism is pretty much unshakeable, so you ain't gonna rip out that foundation. Interview questions I'd have as you as a Calvinist? ... Consider

1) I pretty much accept both that the analytical sciences are what we define as "truth" and the empirical sciences are our current best guess as to what the fuck's going on. I believe, for example, that evolution is our current best guess for how we came to be. Is that gonna be a problem?

2) I really cannot even imagine how a postmortem preservation of identity is even plausible, let alone tenable. Note that I ain't denying some postmortem preservation of self or soul or something else ineffable, just saying I ain't gonna be there to recognize it. Is that gonna be a problem?

3) What's with this whole "elect" business? I mean, everyone's elect. Is that gonna be a problem?

But that's just me.

Keep us posted KC/QC, I'm curious where you wind up.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-04-2013, 09:24 PM

What water?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user