I am now churchless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: I am now churchless.
(18-04-2013 11:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I hope you find a church that you enjoy and will tolerate you. You can't reasonably expect to find one that agrees with your beliefs. I'd suggest checking out a UU church, they are pretty open to whatever cockamamie ideas you have concerning religion. Smile If that fails I'd suggest just not attending church at all. I don't see the point in going to a church who condemns your ideas except maybe to socialize, which is what a lot of folks do. Personally I think that is kind of sad. Maybe you should just hold a church service at home. Whatever you end up with, good luck!

Or maybe a Quaker Meeting. I've always wanted to see what they're up to.

They have tasty oats.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I'd reccomend you stay churchless, after all who likes waking up early on sunday? Where in the bible does it say "Thou must be sleep deprived and bored witless on your day of rest"
[+] 1 user Likes DerekS's post
19-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Fuck church. That shit is mans worst invention anyway.
If there was a god (there's not, but I'll humor you) I'm sure the fact that you believe in him in your mind is enough. Why would an all powerful being need you to sit in a church and listen to some douche read from some book anyway?

If it's a community thing then I'm sure there are plenty of much more fun social clubs that you and your wife can join. At least then you'll be doing something enjoyable and still sociable (much more sociable then a bunch of people sitting quietly listening to some douche). Plus, they'll likely gather in the afternoons so you get your Sunday morning back.

You know it's the logical thing to do!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-04-2013, 12:37 AM
You could join a local stick gathering club for something to do on Sundays.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
19-04-2013, 12:42 AM

(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is a weird situation for both of us... we've never been churchless or had to find a new church home.

You're never going back, and you know it. You can't, and you know that, too. Because you know that whatever caused you to leave your home church will cause you to leave other churches as well.

You think too much to fit in.

You're going to go down the same path as me. Just wait until this memoir comes out. You'll see. You're going to end up the same as me. You think too much, and you're getting to the point now where you won't let anyone else be in charge of your spirit.

You're done being obedient to men.

Ancient Christianity isn't for you--you're part of the 4th generation of humankind, and if you love the truth, you're going to find yourself stuck to Jesus Christ and outcast from every single church you try to go to. You know why? Because you're going to have to obey again--and you won't do that anymore. And if I've never prophesied before, I'm giving you a prophecy now: "You shouldn't obey men." Surely, you can hear the voice of God telling you that too .

You think I'm evil, okay. But if you need me to pray for you, I will. If you don't I won't. If you need me to interpret a dream; I can do that. Look at your astrological chart; I can do that. If that isn't your thing--okay. If you want me to prophesy for you, I'll do that too; if you don't, I wont.

If you just want to talk--I can do that too.

So, you take care now; these are different times. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Jesus is real, even if the church is dying. You'll probably be closer to God now than you've ever been.

Keep your faith; keep your courage, and Good luck.

Sincerely,
Ed
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
19-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:Ancient Christianity isn't for you--you're part of the 4th generation of humankind

No he's not, he's not an atheist.

19-04-2013, 12:50 AM

(19-04-2013 12:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Ancient Christianity isn't for you--you're part of the 4th generation of humankind

No he's not, he's not an atheist.

Becoming an atheist is not an evolution. It's a step down. It's a pathetic capitulation by men who have lost the courage to seek God when the man-made institutions fail, and they always fail. Atheism isn't for fighters--it's for losers.
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Egor - evolution is not a ladder, it's a random walk through a solution space filtered through the pinhole of survival.

KC - Be careful about spending too much time away from church. Spend enough time away and you begin to realise that your morality, family, work, and life are the same with or without a God in your life. It's a slippery slope.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 8 users Like Hafnof's post
19-04-2013, 05:48 AM
(19-04-2013 12:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 12:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No he's not, he's not an atheist.

Becoming an atheist is not an evolution. It's a step down. It's a pathetic capitulation by men who have lost the courage to seek God when the man-made institutions fail, and they always fail. Atheism isn't for fighters--it's for losers.

I love it when you talk dirty to me Egor, you're giving me a raging semi right now.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-04-2013, 06:32 AM
What is that church again that is deist but welcomes atheists and everyone?

I think that may be a fun place for you to go... wish I could remember the name of it...it sounded like a place to do the social church thing, yet keep your beliefs intact whatever they are.

You'll be having some "church withdrawal". Once that feeling of being lost is gone, you may find that organized religion is not for you. Doesn't mean you have to become a heathen. But what you don't like about the church you just left is the backbone of a lot of organized religion. You're going to be hard up to find a place devoid of politics and greed.

I have a friend (much older than you) who is very Christian and went to church all her life. She recently experienced a similar situation and left her church. It's been a year and she is still churchless, she has tried a couple and just doesn't like them. She has taken to reading her bible instead. She seems happy enough now.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man