I am now churchless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: I am now churchless.
(19-04-2013 10:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:49 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Yabut... are they tasty Fruity Oaty Bars? Make a man out of a mouse?

[Image: Fruity-Oaty-Bars-commercial-from-SERENITY.jpg]

I scared that if the picture was longer at the bottom, the octopus's tentacles would be in inappropriate places..

too much hentai muff... Shocking

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
19-04-2013, 10:50 AM
(19-04-2013 06:49 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Yabut... are they tasty Fruity Oaty Bars? Make a man out of a mouse?

Coincidentally, that's exactly how I described you to my therapist the other day. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-04-2013, 11:19 AM

I guess I must have missed it. I didn't see anywhere where KC said "why" the church was firing their senior pastor.
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Obviously he was a gen 3.0 and the license expired

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
19-04-2013, 11:33 AM
(19-04-2013 11:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  I guess I must have missed it. I didn't see anywhere where KC said "why" the church was firing their senior pastor.

Congratulations. You now understand why the pastor's supporters are upset.

There is no explanation... none... none at all.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-04-2013, 11:38 AM
(18-04-2013 08:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is an opportunity for you 2 to interview new Churches and decide for yourselves who to commune with. Your faith in Calvinism is pretty much unshakeable, so you ain't gonna rip out that foundation. Interview questions I'd have as you as a Calvinist? ... Consider

One of the many reason I love you.

Quote:1) I pretty much accept both that the analytical sciences are what we define as "truth" and the empirical sciences are our current best guess as to what the fuck's going on. I believe, for example, that evolution is our current best guess for how we came to be. Is that gonna be a problem?

Don't know if me believing in evolution is going to play a role in choosing a church. It's not really something that's worth discussing theologically.

Quote:2) I really cannot even imagine how a postmortem preservation of identity is even plausible, let alone tenable. Note that I ain't denying some postmortem preservation of self or soul or something else ineffable, just saying I ain't gonna be there to recognize it. Is that gonna be a problem?

Same as above. If people want to think that they are going to see loved ones in heaven and have a grand ole time... let them think that... don't know if that would keep me from going to a church.

Quote:3) What's with this whole "elect" business? I mean, everyone's elect. Is that gonna be a problem?

But that's just me.

Well... it's just one of the tenets I believe in. I believe in limited atonement - sufficient for all but only meant for some... which is why there are only some elect.

Quote:Keep us posted KC/QC, I'm curious where you wind up.

I definitely will. Thank you for your concern.

19-04-2013, 11:39 AM
(18-04-2013 11:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I hope you find a church that you enjoy and will tolerate you. You can't reasonably expect to find one that agrees with your beliefs. I'd suggest checking out a UU church, they are pretty open to whatever cockamamie ideas you have concerning religion. Smile If that fails I'd suggest just not attending church at all. I don't see the point in going to a church who condemns your ideas except maybe to socialize, which is what a lot of folks do. Personally I think that is kind of sad. Maybe you should just hold a church service at home. Whatever you end up with, good luck!

I know for sure we're going to stick with a Christian church... and we've already scouted a few Reformed churches in the area. We're visiting one this weekend.

19-04-2013, 11:40 AM
(18-04-2013 11:48 PM)DerekS Wrote:  I'd reccomend you stay churchless, after all who likes waking up early on sunday? Where in the bible does it say "Thou must be sleep deprived and bored witless on your day of rest"

I agree with you on the latter.

This is why I want to find a church that can help my family and me grow.

19-04-2013, 11:41 AM
(19-04-2013 12:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuck church. That shit is mans worst invention anyway.
If there was a god (there's not, but I'll humor you) I'm sure the fact that you believe in him in your mind is enough. Why would an all powerful being need you to sit in a church and listen to some douche read from some book anyway?

If it's a community thing then I'm sure there are plenty of much more fun social clubs that you and your wife can join. At least then you'll be doing something enjoyable and still sociable (much more sociable then a bunch of people sitting quietly listening to some douche). Plus, they'll likely gather in the afternoons so you get your Sunday morning back.

You know it's the logical thing to do!

I know I know.

But like I said above... church is important to my family and me... and QC and I want a place where we can grow and where are children can grow.

19-04-2013, 11:42 AM
(19-04-2013 12:42 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is a weird situation for both of us... we've never been churchless or had to find a new church home.

You're never going back, and you know it. You can't, and you know that, too. Because you know that whatever caused you to leave your home church will cause you to leave other churches as well.

You think too much to fit in.

You're going to go down the same path as me. Just wait until this memoir comes out. You'll see. You're going to end up the same as me. You think too much, and you're getting to the point now where you won't let anyone else be in charge of your spirit.

You're done being obedient to men.

Ancient Christianity isn't for you--you're part of the 4th generation of humankind, and if you love the truth, you're going to find yourself stuck to Jesus Christ and outcast from every single church you try to go to. You know why? Because you're going to have to obey again--and you won't do that anymore. And if I've never prophesied before, I'm giving you a prophecy now: "You shouldn't obey men." Surely, you can hear the voice of God telling you that too .

You think I'm evil, okay. But if you need me to pray for you, I will. If you don't I won't. If you need me to interpret a dream; I can do that. Look at your astrological chart; I can do that. If that isn't your thing--okay. If you want me to prophesy for you, I'll do that too; if you don't, I wont.

If you just want to talk--I can do that too.

So, you take care now; these are different times. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Jesus is real, even if the church is dying. You'll probably be closer to God now than you've ever been.

Keep your faith; keep your courage, and Good luck.

Sincerely,
Ed

It's weird, Ed.

Sometimes you make a lot of sense.

I know we haven't been that great to each other as of recent, but thank you for this post.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post