I am now churchless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: I am now churchless.
(19-04-2013 11:58 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 11:55 AM)queenschosen Wrote:  Jeremy you should tell them what you said to them before walking out lol.

Yeah. Inquiring minds want to know. Angel

I think she's talking about what I posted under all the "spoilers".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Whoops! My bad. Missed that.

Yes, I'm also a Christian.
19-04-2013, 12:14 PM
(19-04-2013 11:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 11:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  I guess I must have missed it. I didn't see anywhere where KC said "why" the church was firing their senior pastor.

Congratulations. You now understand why the pastor's supporters are upset.

There is no explanation... none... none at all.

Yup.

I too was waiting for that second shoe to drop.

You already know what I think about any pastor / priest / mullah etc. and that taking money to teach this guff to children should be a criminal offence worthy of at least a public flogging but...

Good governance consists of Fairness, Accountability and Transparency.

I see none of these in your tale.

Something is amiss.

Meanwhile...

You say you are looking for a church. I think y'all are looking for a community.

Just sayin'

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
19-04-2013, 12:14 PM
(19-04-2013 12:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Evolution is merely an example. The real question I'd ask is "I got this here problem where I can't help but think rationally, I can admit some irrationality and unreasonable beliefs for the sake of preserving my faith, but I have my limits. Is that gonna be a problem here?"

It's probably not a problem... but they just wouldn't allow me in any type of authority position I'm assumiing.

Quote:Again, the question I'd have for the Church is "Can you tolerate a believer who has doubts with respect to the concept of a postmortem preservation of identity?"

I hope so. If they can't tolerate me, then how are they supposed to tolerate unbelievers?

Quote:And here we will have to agree to disagree. Sufficient for all means given to all. I don't think you have to accept, or even be aware of it, to be saved. But I'm my own personal Jeebus, so my perspective is admittedly biased.

Nah. Just because I have the money to give doesn't mean I have to give it to you. Sufficient doesn't necessitate obligation.

Quote:I'm not being facetious, if I came across that way, I really am curious, you're an interesting cat.

Oh I know you're not. I know you're being genuine.

19-04-2013, 12:18 PM
(19-04-2013 12:13 PM)queenschosen Wrote:  Whoops! My bad. Missed that.

It's okay, sweetie. I kind of hid it under the spoiler tags.

19-04-2013, 12:21 PM
(19-04-2013 12:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Meanwhile...

You say you are looking for a church. I think y'all are looking for a community.

Just sayin'

Yes and no.

We've haven't grown spiritually in a church for so long now... that we're really craving a church that has substance.

A community is an added bonus... but in all honesty, we're actually burned out and annoyed with "get togethers", "Sunday School parties", and "functions".

19-04-2013, 12:24 PM
It's great that you stood your ground. It shows much more strength in your convictions than just following what was/is the popular way to go within your former church.

The remark that you shouldn't reject Christ rankles me a bit. You left THAT church, you didn't stand up an renounce any belief if I am understanding correctly. Obviously the people who think this is sign of rejection of Christ are convinced that you should only believe as they do.

You will find something, or not. Either way it will work out.

You are showing your kids that you mean what you say and that staying silent and going with the flow isn't the way handle everything...one day they will appreciate that.

(and btw...nice earring...hehe, thanks for that QC)

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-04-2013, 12:25 PM
(19-04-2013 12:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes and no.

We've haven't grown spiritually in a church for so long now... that we're really craving a church that has substance.

A community is an added bonus... but in all honesty, we're actually burned out and annoyed with "get togethers", "Sunday School parties", and "functions".

I think by definition you'll not find this >.> Hard to have substance when you're peddling air. Just saying. Good luck with the search I hope you find truth.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-04-2013, 12:32 PM
(19-04-2013 12:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 12:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Meanwhile...

Just sayin'

Yes and no.

Ah!

You seem to think I was referring to an extrovert's perception of 'community'.

I wasn't.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
19-04-2013, 12:40 PM
(19-04-2013 10:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay, since I am keeping y'all in the "know", let me give y'all the gist of what happened.

Basically, we were voting on our pastor's severance package. The curator of the meeting was one of the main deacons or something like that. Anyway, he is against the pastor.

He was allowing people to speak for or against the package. The first person that spoke was against the pastor. My hand flew up in the air. The next person to speak was for the pastor. She was sitting on the left hand side of the church. I was sitting on the far right side in the front row (lol go figure, right?).

As soon as the lady finished, the curator turned towards the middle of the church, and another deacon's hand few up. He immediately called upon him.

This is when I knew there was an agenda. This man spoke against the pastor, and proposed a new package with far less severance.

The curator then floored the amendment. That's when I stood up and yelled, "Hey! I need to talk."

The guy said there wouldn't be any more discussion because the amendment was on the floor. I said that I had my hand up before the amendment was proposed. He said, "Sorry, I didn't see you."

I said, "You need to look harder then."

He said again that there was going to be no more discussion. I then said that since there for 2 "againsts" and only 1 "fors" the other "for" needed to be heard. I now had him cornered because he couldn't seem biased, and if he denied me, his agenda would be obvious.

I walked over to him and snatched the mic from his hand.

I started out saying, "Several months back, I stood before this church asking for money on behalf of my atheist friend. Y'all gave this atheist $700; no questions asked, so that person could get back on their feet. And now, y'all are trying to deny your pastor, a man that faithfully served all of you and this church for 28 years his livelihood."

I said that the fact that this meeting has to exist is disgusting, and the actions being portrayed tonight spit in the face of Christ.

I said I'm ashamed of the church, and how would atheists react to Christians acting this way? Thank God they're not seeing this.

I said no wonder why people hate Christians.

I told them that I would rather be around atheists than Christians.

Finally, I told them that neither me nor my family would ever step foot in this church again or be a part of a Southern Baptist church in my lifetime.

I gave the mic back and left. I went and got my kids from the nursery and from the playground and went home.

My father-in-law told me people were cheering and clapping for me. I don't really know. I was too angry to hear anything and I left too quickly. I never turned around or looked back.

I'm done. When I say I'm done... I mean it.

So yeah... that's what happened last night. I'm a pretty quiet and chilled dude until you piss me off.

Oh, FYI - the pastor received a full year of severance, a full year in the parsonage, gets to keep his insurance for a full year, and all the other miscellaneous requests by him were accepted. Basically, he got the full package.

Calvinist showed his stones. Dude's got some bigass stones. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post