I am now officially boycotting YouTube

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: I am now officially boycotting YouTube
(30-04-2017 05:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-04-2017 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  true... but you might have been googling something related to health or mountain climbing?? or disgusting crumbly food. I don't think it has to be specific the thing, just something loosely related to it.

Of course it could also just be that it didn't have any ads to match your searches so it just through general ads at you.

I don't know much about this topic. Dom's probably the one for this topic, she did SEO if I remember correctly so this probably isn't far off that.

I did order dog food from Chewy.com Friday. Consider

Bingo. Granola bars are basically dog food.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
30-04-2017, 06:19 PM
I have ad block, so I don't see YouTube ads anymore.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-04-2017, 06:23 PM
(30-04-2017 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Your YouTube must be quite different from mine. I sat through 87 ads for granola bars this morning.

I just keep getting ads for "Gaia Disclosure" about Hollow Earth crap and the Nazis and aliens.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2017, 06:23 PM
(30-04-2017 06:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have ad block, so I don't see YouTube ads anymore.

Yeah, some fucker here turned me on to it in the gaming section. Off to look for it now because attribution is an ethical imperative. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-04-2017, 06:42 PM
(30-04-2017 05:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-04-2017 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't youtube ads work the same as google ads (because youtube is owned by google and all)?
That means they show you ads that relate to search history. Like I just clicked a youtube video to see what ad I'd get and I literally got the place I work at's ad, I assume because I go to their website a lot to check my payslip and roster. Pretty much all ads I get are related to my google searches or sites I've been too etc..
You know me well enough to know I haven't been Googling granola bars. Dodgy

Although it was on the negative side, you did recently make a camping reference on this very forum... and you are sensible when it comes to health.

Also, I think they think any female above a certain age, who seems to explore pretty groovy things and who obviously has her shit together about health, is bound to buy granola bars sooner or later.

Think of it this way ... someone wants a piece of your action, lady. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-04-2017, 07:06 PM
(30-04-2017 06:42 PM)kim Wrote:  
(30-04-2017 05:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You know me well enough to know I haven't been Googling granola bars. Dodgy

Although it was on the negative side, you did recently make a camping reference on this very forum... and you are sensible when it comes to health.

Also, I think they think any female above a certain age, who seems to explore pretty groovy things and who obviously has her shit together about health, is bound to buy granola bars sooner or later.

Think of it this way ... someone wants a piece of your action, lady. Wink

Oh man....do I have you snowed. The only way I would opt for a granola bar would be if it's the last thing in the vending machine...and was dipped in chocolate. Tongue

I am more a trail mix kinda girl...cause you can get trail mix with M&Ms in it. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-04-2017, 07:14 PM
It's the chewy. Granola probably uses chewy as one of their many keywords.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-04-2017, 08:11 PM
(30-04-2017 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
That means they show you ads that relate to search history.

Ah that explains it!

I've been 'boning up' on refutations of young-earth conspiracy shit about carbon dating and also looking deeper into the Democrats' manipulation of the media regarding the "RUSSIANS!!!!" hoax.

But no, I would not like to date Russian girls in my area.

So I guess the algorithms ignore your log in data.

No point pretending anymore that I'm a twenty-year-old, gay, Maori, trainee security officer.

... from Alabama.

Angel

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
30-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Just boycott the ads
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...ck-origin/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...iagm?hl=en

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
30-04-2017, 08:34 PM
(30-04-2017 08:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-04-2017 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
That means they show you ads that relate to search history.

Ah that explains it!

I've been 'boning up' on refutations of young-earth conspiracy shit about carbon dating and also looking deeper into the Democrats manipulation of the media regarding the "RUSSIANS!!!!" hoax.

But no, I would not like to date Russian girls in my area.

So I guess the algorithms ignore your log in data.

No point pretending anymore that I'm a twenty-year-old, gay, Maori, trainee security officer.

... from Alabama.

Angel

Everywhere you go online is recorded and attached to your "profile". Everything you search, everything you buy, everything you read or watch, big daddy in the sky knows and sells it to anyone who wants it.

Companies spend tons of time and money fine tuning keywords to use as criteria, as well as buying your information. Even little shops can do it on youtube and Facebook and be quite successful.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post