I am now officially boycotting YouTube

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: I am now officially boycotting YouTube
"I am giving up my YouTube "addiction" on a semi-permanent basis."
No such thing.
Random intermittent reinforcement is the best way to reinforce a habit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Quote:I don't know how many folks here watch YouTube, but for those that do, I'm willing to bet that you, like me, has been literally bombarded and inundated with right-wing propaganda ads from Prager University.

You should tell Youtube, why.

Or start an online petition to threaten them.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-04-2017, 11:17 PM
One does not simply quit YouTube.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 5 users Like Loom's post
01-05-2017, 04:06 AM
YouTube is my music app. Tongue

(30-04-2017 11:17 PM)Loom Wrote:  One does not simply quit YouTube.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Yeah, you showed 'em. Have you actually written to youtube at least? I agree Prager U is garbage and puts out garbage but just stopping without trying do do something is just stupid.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
01-05-2017, 05:03 AM
(30-04-2017 04:54 PM)Shirina Wrote:  I don't know how many folks here watch YouTube, but for those that do, I'm willing to bet that you, like me, has been literally bombarded and inundated with right-wing propaganda ads from Prager University.

Why not go with adblock plus. I watch my vids ad free. In any case, I woudn't get that shit, since it's localised and aimed at dumbing down Americans. If I haven't got adblock active, all I get is the usual toilet paper, soap ads.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
01-05-2017, 05:06 AM
I watch Russian dash cam videos. I used to handle auto accident insurance claims and watching the videos reminds me of how much people lied about the events surrounding the claims. It's also Gasp stupid the way people drive. Russians drive worse than Somalians.
01-05-2017, 06:55 AM
(30-04-2017 04:54 PM)Shirina Wrote:  I don't know how many folks here watch YouTube, but for those that do, I'm willing to bet that you, like me, has been literally bombarded and inundated with right-wing propaganda ads from Prager University.

I have no idea what that is but I will Google it and continue. In the meantime, I urge you to install uBlock Origin, if you're not using an adblocker you are effectively putting your device at risk of a malware infection (as per my blog post), not using one in 2017 is as reckless as not having an anti-virus installed on your computer. And obviously, I haven't seen any "Prager University" ads lol!

Okay, just read the Wikipedia article. They're not a university, go figure.

Quote:So far I've seen ads from Prager University that explains why you should support Israel against Palestine, explains why universal health care can never work in the United States (even though it works in every other industrialized and developing nation on the planet)

Okay this is something I do know about - healthcare. It's true that if you immediately implemented universal healthcare in the US it would be disastrous. I don't have the numbers on-hand, but you would put 100,000's of people (perhaps even over a million) out of work because many jobs would become redundant. That would lower the overall cost of healthcare delivery which would of course be a good thing, however it would also mean that less money gets spent on health and thus while 100,000's of jobs would be lost, millions more would be taking a pay cut. It's simple maths really, the US spends 18% of GDP on healthcare services, whereas the rest of the industrialised world spends 10-12%. Here's a 2011 graph showing the OECD nations:

[Image: lo3mfRc.jpg]

If you're going to lower healthcare expenditure from 18% of GDP to below 12% then you're taking one third of the government spending out of healthcare services, and assuming that employment rates follow the GDP (health actually is labour intensive though), but we'll assume 18% of Americans have their work in healthcare... then that's 57.8 million people.

Of course I agree the US is backwards, it's one of my favourite things to say! But implementing universal healthcare in the best case scenario will take a generation to complete, assuming you don't want to push the country into a recession. If you start now you can leave a wonderful future for your kids!

Anyway, hope that gives you something to think about.

My Blog
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
01-05-2017, 07:02 AM
(30-04-2017 06:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have ad block, so I don't see YouTube ads anymore.

If you watch any independent news media on YouTube consider whitelisting their channels, because YT has been pulling ads from those channels.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-05-2017, 07:56 AM
(01-05-2017 07:02 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If you watch any independent news media on YouTube consider whitelisting their channels, because YT has been pulling ads from those channels.

No, don't consider doing that. It's not worth the risk.

If you want to help content producers you like make direct contributions through Patreon or whatever they use. It is not worth exposing your computer to a malware infection. In 2016, Google had to remove 900,000 ads from their servers for spreading malware (source).

“The only effective protection against malware advertising is to block the advertising networks that accept adverts from the criminal gangs.” Dr. Phillip Hallam-Baker (Comodo computer scientist).

My Blog
[+] 3 users Like Aractus's post