I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
There absolutely needs to be changes made. As I said, this forum is broken from the top.

Chippy was an abrasive ass but the minute he made a threat toward a member he was gone. This Forbes person threatens Nurse and he's still here. WC posts personal info about a member and suddenly he's gone. FZU threatened to find info out about me and post it and when he was finally banned the guy that did it was stripped of his mod status, FZU was allowed to come back aboard and then was 'properly' banned.

If there are going to be rules they need to be followed in some sort of consistent manner and they need to be carried out in a reasonable amount of time. If the admins can't be here there needs to be someone who can ban pending admin review...let the person who breaks the rules wait, not the rest of the forum.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
14-10-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There absolutely needs to be changes made. As I said, this forum is broken from the top.

Chippy was an abrasive ass but the minute he made a threat toward a member he was gone. This Forbes person threatens Nurse and he's still here. WC posts personal info about a member and suddenly he's gone. FZU threatened to find info out about me and post it and when he was finally banned the guy that did it was stripped of his mod status, FZU was allowed to come back aboard and then was 'properly' banned.

If there are going to be rules they need to be followed in some sort of consistent manner and they need to be carried out in a reasonable amount of time. If the admins can't be here there needs to be someone who can ban pending admin review...let the person who breaks the rules wait, not the rest of the forum.

Forbes is contained. So he's not really around still bothering anyone so please don't make it seem like he's still around posting.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-10-2014, 08:33 PM
(14-10-2014 08:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There absolutely needs to be changes made. As I said, this forum is broken from the top.

Forbes is contained. So he's not really around still bothering anyone so please don't make it seem like he's still around posting.

I didn't say he was still posting. But he isn't banned after making threats either. Quiet or not isn't the point. Chippy was GONE after some sort of threat to cathym.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-10-2014, 08:35 PM
RE:
(14-10-2014 08:10 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Regardless of whether or not you think I can make that change happen (Jesus Christ the talking of change in the response to the Vobama post Facepalm lmao), I would really like to hear your opinion on this whole thing.
I agree with the others, I think we should put greater value on the privacy and safety of our members. If that means that the leadership has to change, so be it, but perhaps that won't be necessary if enough people voice their opinion on this matter. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
14-10-2014, 08:40 PM
(14-10-2014 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Forbes is contained. So he's not really around still bothering anyone so please don't make it seem like he's still around posting.

I didn't say he was still posting. But he isn't banned after making threats either. Quiet or not isn't the point. Chippy was GONE after some sort of threat to cathym.

But that's the point, we are doing something. You are implying because he's not (yet) banned we're not doing anything. I wouldn't want other people wrongly assuming he's still bothering the forum or Nurse.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-10-2014, 08:41 PM
(14-10-2014 08:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:10 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Regardless of whether or not you think I can make that change happen (Jesus Christ the talking of change in the response to the Vobama post Facepalm lmao), I would really like to hear your opinion on this whole thing.
I agree with the others, I think we should put greater value on the privacy and safety of our members. If that means that the leadership has to change, so be it, but perhaps that won't be necessary if enough people voice their opinion on this matter. Consider

That however is not the only issue in play right now (I do agree it needs to be dealt with). At this point we have a system that is based on active Admins who micromanage every decision. That is not necessarily a bad thing but we have 2 absentee admins which throws a monkey wrench into the works. Aurora has never been really active and even when she has been has not wanted to do the work of an admin, actively avoiding decisions until it was not possible to put them off anymore. Dark Light should never have been made admin with his attendance record over the last 6 months. If anything he should have been bumped down to mod or asked to step down from the team. I don't think DL is a bad choice he just cannot be here enough to do what he needs to do as an admin.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-10-2014, 08:42 PM
(14-10-2014 08:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Hopefully they will. That's why I made this thread. I want people to know what happened and I want people to get involved. Nothing is going to change if 3 people say hey you guys seriously fucked this up. If everyone sees what happened and we all ask for an explanation and a change then well maybe we can prevent this from happening in the future.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
14-10-2014, 08:43 PM
(14-10-2014 08:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I didn't say he was still posting. But he isn't banned after making threats either. Quiet or not isn't the point. Chippy was GONE after some sort of threat to cathym.

But that's the point, we are doing something. You are implying because he's not (yet) banned we're not doing anything. I wouldn't want other people wrongly assuming he's still bothering the forum or Nurse.

I was making a comparison to how similar situations were handled - Chippy and Forbes . Both made threats, both handled differently.

I didn't imply anywhere that Forbes wasn't on a short leash, only that Chippy didn't even get the short leash - he got the boot.

14-10-2014, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 08:53 PM by GirlyMan.)

Let's level it then.

(14-10-2014 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Chippy was an abrasive ass but the minute he made a threat toward a member he was gone.

More than a threat. Personal identifiable information. That wasn't even the member's personal identifiable information which makes it even worse.

(14-10-2014 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This Forbes person threatens Nurse and he's still here. WC posts personal info about a member and suddenly he's gone. FZU threatened to find info out about me and post it and when he was finally banned the guy that did it was stripped of his mod status, FZU was allowed to come back aboard and then was 'properly' banned.

"If there are going to be rules they need to be followed ...."

If what we want from rules is to excise the tumor as quickly as possible to prevent a cancerous spread then they clearly ain't working. This forum needs to go back to its stark raving mad roots and rethink and reconsider its rules. Mods and admins need to be emergency surgeons who only get second-guessed after the fact.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-10-2014, 08:55 PM
(14-10-2014 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But that's the point, we are doing something. You are implying because he's not (yet) banned we're not doing anything. I wouldn't want other people wrongly assuming he's still bothering the forum or Nurse.

I was making a comparison to how similar situations were handled - Chippy and Forbes . Both made threats, both handled differently.

I didn't imply anywhere that Forbes wasn't on a short leash, only that Chippy didn't even get the short leash - he got the boot.

I know. I don't want members of the forum thinking he's still bothering or causing a disruption. In the first post I quoted, if I didn't know, I might assume he was still annoying nurse and no one cared.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post