I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 08:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I was making a comparison to how similar situations were handled - Chippy and Forbes . Both made threats, both handled differently.

I didn't imply anywhere that Forbes wasn't on a short leash, only that Chippy didn't even get the short leash - he got the boot.

I know. I don't want members of the forum thinking he's still bothering or causing a disruption. In the first post I quoted, if I didn't know, I might assume he was still annoying nurse and no one cared.

This thread alone proves disruption.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 09:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Forbes is contained. So he's not really around still bothering anyone so please don't make it seem like he's still around posting.

I didn't say he was still posting. But he isn't banned after making threats either. Quiet or not isn't the point. Chippy was GONE after some sort of threat to cathym.

I think that confining Forbes to dialogs with the forum team only is fucking brilliant. Like purgatory special pleading and shit. Kudos to the Brit. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-10-2014, 09:23 PM
(14-10-2014 09:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think that confining Forbes to dialogs with the forum team only is fucking brilliant. Like purgatory pleading and shit. Kudos to the Brit. Thumbsup

Thanks, I must admit I was pretty pleased with that idea myself. Smartass

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
14-10-2014, 09:23 PM
(14-10-2014 07:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry Muffs love ya, but I'm here practically every single day.

Yea I know you bust your ass, I'm sorry. I do appreciate the shit you do for this forum. I like you as a SM (and think you would make a great admin) and you're someone I like to think I get along with very well.

BUT one active, decent (sorry Tim Heart ) Super Mod a forum team does not make.
The fact that Aurora is completely absent, DL is absent for periods of time, Deep is absent and Hughsie is useless are still issues that are (and have been for some time) in need of addressing.

(14-10-2014 07:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:58 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  DLJ, Momsie, and Vosur should be made admins.

[Image: OiuFtGU.png]

Angel

You'd make a terrible admin. And I say that only because I fear you would instil harsh grammatical rules and I'd be permabanned within an hour of you become admin. Tongue

Serious note though, I'd vote for you.

Quote:I agree with the others, I think we should put greater value on the privacy and safety of our members. If that means that the leadership has to change, so be it, but perhaps that won't be necessary if enough people voice their opinion on this matter. Consider

I disagree that it wont be necessary. I think it is necessary. Especially Aurora who absolutely must go. I have voiced my opinion (as have several others) about this matter many times. I make no apology when I say that the occasional appearance by the admins to respond to a post I made about them being inactive to somehow prove that they are in fact active does not cut the active mustard.

This whole WC thing was proof that there needs to be change at the top level (SM and admins). They were called out, the WC situation came along and the sm's and admins had a chance to step up and prove that they are capable and they failed (except MomSBB who I think proved that she'd make a good admin).

I think this attitude of "maybe things will change next time" is ignorant. No, they wont. There needs to be change. I think you, Vosur, should be prepping your election bus.

Quote:But that's the point, we are doing something. You are implying because he's not (yet) banned we're not doing anything. I wouldn't want other people wrongly assuming he's still bothering the forum or Nurse.

I don't know anything about him (I assume he posts in the atheist subforum which I rarely read), BUT by the sounds of it he has been restricted so admins can discuss what is to happen to him. This is exactly the problem. Admins are taking so long that restrictions need to be put in place on people so the admins can have time to discuss their outcome. There shouldn't be a need for restrictions.

Quote:That however is not the only issue in play right now (I do agree it needs to be dealt with). At this point we have a system that is based on active Admins who micromanage every decision. That is not necessarily a bad thing but we have 2 absentee admins which throws a monkey wrench into the works. Aurora has never been really active and even when she has been has not wanted to do the work of an admin, actively avoiding decisions until it was not possible to put them off anymore. Dark Light should never have been made admin with his attendance record over the last 6 months. If anything he should have been bumped down to mod or asked to step down from the team. I don't think DL is a bad choice he just cannot be here enough to do what he needs to do as an admin.

Fully agree (as I've said in the past). I like Dark Light, I think he's a great person even if he is an inbred sister shagger. BUT he's not active because of his new job.
He was a poor admin choice.

Quote:If what we want from rules is to excise the tumor as quickly as possible to prevent a cancerous spread then they clearly ain't working. This forum needs to go back to its stark raving mad roots and rethink and reconsider its rules. Mods and admins need to be emergency surgeons who only get second-guessed after the fact.

The Stark Raving rules worked because Stark would be like "this is how it is, deal with it". He had the "I can do what I want and ya'll can eat a dick" attitude and the stature to get away with it. I don't think anyone but him could get away with it now. I think we need loose rules (to allow some flexibility) that future admins can refer to and say "I made this decision because of rule X".
I think if the rules are loose enough it allows for different individual admin's to have their own sort of flavor to the forum but allows them to offer the forum an acceptable reason for doing something.
Sorta like a 'pirates code', more like guidelines.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
14-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Look! Chippy posted stuff on Cathym = banned. Nurse's guy has been silenced. Fine!
But in the case of WC I hope we can all agree he went WAY above & beyond the call of creepyness!
But in his case, a valued member of this forum, who had no reason to lie about something as serious as having to get law enforcement involved, TOLD us what happened to her! Lo and behold a similar thing was then perpetrated against another member by the very person Losty warned us about.... Blink Who on Earth could have guessed? Dodgy Dodgy

Like Girly said; add a "we have the right to ban you for whatever reason we want, and we'll document that reason publicly should you ever wish to show that reason to anyone" rule. Keep the current mods (who are regularly present) for all I care, so long as they can admit that those of us who jump on a particular ban-bandwagon aren't so stupid as to not have very good reasons for doing so (at least most of the time), and that jumping on WC's ban bandwagon wasn't a bad thing but in fact was the right thing to do, given the info that had been dropped in our lap & could be verified by mods from another forum!

Ranting takes SO much typing Hobo

[+] 6 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-10-2014, 09:32 PM
IMO, WC should never have been allowed on the forum to begin with. "But everyone deserves a chance" is bullshit. Would you let a convicted child rapist babysit your kid for the weekend? The fact that AF called the cops on him should have been a good hint. There is a point where safety and well-being of real people must trump some cunts "freedom of speech" or our forums "rules".

And the fact that not only was he allowed on but he was allowed on for so long (and even given a 2week "break") I think shows a severe lack of common sense in the higher ups. An admin should have stepped up and said "Yes, the forum rules say this BUT he has done this and so in this isolated special case we are doing this".

[+] 11 users Like earmuffs's post
14-10-2014, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 09:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-10-2014 09:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You'd make a terrible admin. And I say that only because I fear you would instil harsh grammatical rules and I'd be permabanned within an hour of you become admin. Tongue

A vote for Vosur is a vote for grammatically correct. Girly votes Vosur.
[Image: vosur-3.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-10-2014, 09:35 PM
(14-10-2014 09:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 07:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: OiuFtGU.png]

Angel

(14-10-2014 09:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You'd make a terrible admin. And I say that only because I fear you would instil harsh grammatical rules and I'd be permabanned within an hour of you become admin. Tongue

Girly votes Vosur.

Subtle.

14-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Hate these fucking threads, usually they're useless and only result in a lot of shit talking and little action. If nothing else, I guess they serve as a cathartic way for users to get shit out of their system and everyone ends up making up and in the end we're all okay and things go on as usual. I rarely speak up unless things get really heated and I've had a couple too many drinks.

I'm thinking this one is different, and I think it should be. I agree with the overall sentiment of what's been said and I agree there needs to be a change. I think that the absence of the admins is not okay and this situation is a solid example of why. I have nothing against DL or Aurora, I think they are both solid people and great assets to the forum, just not as admins due to their lack of ability to provide us the leadership and oversight that a forum like this needs. It's just a need that's not being met.

I'm not necessarily sure that the outlined policies in the forum rules need to change, there has been some valuable thought put into them and I think that they are appropriate, if applied appropriately and consistently. What is needed is leadership that will apply themselves to doing so.

I completely get (and agree with) the yearning to uphold a standard of free speech that is usually unheard of in controversial forums like this, and I understand the reluctance to swing the hammer in light of that. However, it has become more and more obvious that there is a need for it as the forum grows and becomes more accessible to anyone and everyone to join and participate. There are a lot of stupid, sick people out there that simply need to be kept out of this place. Period.

If the people who can and should be doing that for the forum can't be around, then we simply need to find someone that can.

It would also be nice to actually hear a response from someone in charge on the matter. I think we are all waiting.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 12 users Like evenheathen's post
14-10-2014, 09:57 PM
(14-10-2014 09:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hate these fucking threads, usually they're useless and only result in a lot of shit talking and little action. If nothing else, I guess they serve as a cathartic way for users to get shit out of their system and everyone ends up making up and in the end we're all okay and things go on as usual. I rarely speak up unless things get really heated and I've had a couple too many drinks.

I'm thinking this one is different, and I think it should be. I agree with the overall sentiment of what's been said and I agree there needs to be a change. I think that the absence of the admins is not okay and this situation is a solid example of why. I have nothing against DL or Aurora, I think they are both solid people and great assets to the forum, just not as admins due to their lack of ability to provide us the leadership and oversight that a forum like this needs. It's just a need that's not being met.

I'm not necessarily sure that the outlined policies in the forum rules need to change, there has been some valuable thought put into them and I think that they are appropriate, if applied appropriately and consistently. What is needed is leadership that will apply themselves to doing so.

I completely get (and agree with) the yearning to uphold a standard of free speech that is usually unheard of in controversial forums like this, and I understand the reluctance to swing the hammer in light of that. However, it has become more and more obvious that there is a need for it as the forum grows and becomes more accessible to anyone and everyone to join and participate. There are a lot of stupid, sick people out there that simply need to be kept out of this place. Period.

If the people who can and should be doing that for the forum can't be around, then we simply need to find someone that can.

It would also be nice to actually hear a response from someone in charge on the matter. I think we are all waiting.

[Image: twistiy.gif]

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post