I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 03:45 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
Just like to point out that aurora's last post was on the 30th of September, 15days ago. It consisted of 5 words and two emoticons.
For all of September she made a grand total of 7 posts. That's 1 post every 4days 8hours.

Dark Light is a bit better, at least he's made posts this month... His last one was 8 days ago.

(15-10-2014 03:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 03:06 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I like my women like I like my coffee...

...with no penis.

Losty, where do you get your coffee? I've seen options for light or dark roast and 100% arabica beans, but I've never seen penis on offer.

I'm just saying...

Look, I'm just asking for a friend...

No, I can't tell you who...

No, stop giving me that look...

Okay! Alright already...

I'ts Muffs...

Tongue
Pfft, son please. You couldn't afford this.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
15-10-2014, 04:52 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 03:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Pfft, son please. You couldn't afford this.

I've seen the price mark-ups that Aussies and Kiwis pay, I'm surprised you can afford anything... Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2014, 05:29 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled
(14-10-2014 10:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
I'm probably going to get annoying soon and start guilting people into giving their opinions. Angel

I'm not feeling guilted. You know my opinion already.

But there has been criticism of the Forum Team, as a whole. So, I'm willing to step down if it comes to a vote of no confidence.

At least I might get some proper sleep and won't have to continue actively monitor the shoutbox and the members lists looking for odd socks. We are still on 'high alert' status, btw.

Fortunately I have the night-shift so I'm zzzz-ing when the crazies are out and about.

I vote for Chas for Admin.

cause then everyone will be banned and there will be no one left to require moderation. Easy peasy.

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
15-10-2014, 05:32 AM
(14-10-2014 10:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  The funny thing is he did hang himself over and over. Not only by his own rule breaking but by an influx of information from everyone who already knew anything about him. And who was here to take care of it? No one. That isn't acceptable. I'm not asking for a change of policy. The current policy is great so long as it's enforced. Not that there's anyone around to enforce it. What kind of forum has admins that never interact with the members? And why don't the admins have to take any responsibility for what they don't do?
We need admins who are around (preferably 3 but that's just my opinion).
This

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 3 users Like CiderThinker's post
15-10-2014, 05:35 AM
RE:
(14-10-2014 10:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm probably going to get annoying soon and start guilting people into giving their opinions. Angel

Dodgy

Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
15-10-2014, 05:41 AM
From my relatively short time here, the mods appear to be doing a good job in terms of keeping a lid on things, the problem comes when actually trying to get rid of people like WC rather than just moderate them.

If the admins are the ones with the power to actually ban people outright then they are not present enough on the forums to be effective, and there should absolutely be more than 2 of them as there are currently. Indeed I tend to think that 3 is a bare minimum too...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 3 users Like CiderThinker's post
15-10-2014, 05:44 AM
(15-10-2014 05:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
I'm probably going to get annoying soon and start guilting people into giving their opinions. Angel

But there has been criticism of the Forum Team, as a whole. So, I'm willing to step down if it comes to a vote of no confidence.

At least I might get some proper sleep and won't have to continue actively monitor the shoutbox and the members lists looking for odd socks. We are still on 'high alert' status, btw.

Fortunately I have the night-shift so I'm zzzz-ing when the crazies are out and about.

cause then everyone will be banned and there will be no one left to require moderation. Easy peasy.

Big Grin

Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
15-10-2014, 05:45 AM
(15-10-2014 05:41 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  From my relatively short time here, the mods appear to be doing a good job in terms of keeping a lid on things, the problem comes when actually trying to get rid of people like WC rather than just moderate them.

If the admins are the ones with the power to actually ban people outright then they are not present enough on the forums to be effective, and there should absolutely be more than 2 of them as there are currently. Indeed I tend to think that 3 is a bare minimum too...

One ting I didn't say in my earlier post, i do think the mods have been doing a great job.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
15-10-2014, 06:00 AM
(15-10-2014 05:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Big Grin

The problem is that the admins are so pathetically inactive that I didn't even know about them until I started advocating for the sexy banter thread thing. The FT as a whole shouldn't be criticized because the mods and supermods are doing the best they can considering the circumstances. I think those that are criticizing the FT as a whole do not realize the way things are done here. (Because everything is always a big fucking secret around here)

I won't ask any more members of the forum team to share their opinions publicly. Sorry about that.

(15-10-2014 05:35 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm probably going to get annoying soon and start guilting people into giving their opinions. Angel

Dodgy

Tongue

I'm sorry, I shouldn't pressure people. It's just that this is really important to me and I want to see something done. Sorry.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
15-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Frankly, it's a very simple fix. On other sites in the past of which I've been a member, any level mod can temporarily ban a problematic member. Then, it is reviewed by the admin if a perma ban is suggested. In general, this would curtail chronic misbehaved members.

Another fix is to not let a "new" member have access to the shout box or be permitted to make threads until they have posted 25 posts.

I have seen that too and it cuts down troll activity.

It's not that hard to put some controls in place.

It's a message forum, not Fort Knox.

Just my $.02.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post