I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 06:35 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 06:26 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Frankly, it's a very simple fix. On other sites in the past of which I've been a member, any level mod can temporarily ban a problematic member. Then, it is reviewed by the admin if a perma ban is suggested. In general, this would curtail chronic misbehaved members.

Another fix is to not let a "new" member have access to the shout box or be permitted to make threads until they have posted 25 posts.

I have seen that too and it cuts down troll activity.

It's not that hard to put some controls in place.

It's a message forum, not Fort Knox.

Just my $.02.

Regarding the first suggestion, that is now the way it works (since and because of the incidents that are being discussed).

I like the shoutbox suggestion (yay! more sleep for me!). I'll raise it as a formal request. Thanks.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
15-10-2014, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 06:49 AM by Deidre32.)
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
As for the mods, they have a hard job at times. That said, moms is not only an amazing mod but an outstanding human being. I mean this, and Tarty was helpful as well. Others have been too but these two, I've talked to a bit more.

I also learned that I have a lot of work to do on myself. Sad I'm embarrassed and it's hard to put into words how I feel right now.

But the mods are good people and I hope they know they are valued. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 6 users Like Deidre32's post
15-10-2014, 06:39 AM
I just want to add that I think the admins are good people too. They just make for terrible admins and they need to step down.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
15-10-2014, 06:44 AM
(15-10-2014 06:00 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm sorry, I shouldn't pressure people. It's just that this is really important to me and I want to see something done. Sorry.

It's okay, we understand. Hug

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
15-10-2014, 06:50 AM
(15-10-2014 06:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 06:26 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Frankly, it's a very simple fix. On other sites in the past of which I've been a member, any level mod can temporarily ban a problematic member. Then, it is reviewed by the admin if a perma ban is suggested. In general, this would curtail chronic misbehaved members.

Another fix is to not let a "new" member have access to the shout box or be permitted to make threads until they have posted 25 posts.

I have seen that too and it cuts down troll activity.

It's not that hard to put some controls in place.

It's a message forum, not Fort Knox.

Just my $.02.

Regarding the first suggestion, that is now the way it works (since and because of the incidents that are being discussed).

I like the shoutbox suggestion (yay! more sleep for me!). I'll raise it as a formal request. Thanks.

Great! Smile

15-10-2014, 07:14 AM
(15-10-2014 06:39 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I just want to add that I think the admins are good people too. They just make for terrible admins and they need to step down.

It's sad I don't know who everyone is, as it relates to the colors of their names. Lol I thought Tarty was a mod before he was one and asked him for help. Blush

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
15-10-2014, 07:24 AM
(15-10-2014 07:14 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 06:39 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I just want to add that I think the admins are good people too. They just make for terrible admins and they need to step down.

It's sad I don't know who everyone is, as it relates to the colors of their names. Lol I thought Tarty was a mod before he was one and asked him for help. Blush

Here you go:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Structure

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-10-2014, 07:26 AM
(15-10-2014 07:14 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ...
Lol I thought Tarty was a mod before he was one and asked him for help. Blush

He's a Senior mod.

Vosur and I are Trainee mods.

If you stare at your screen, very close up, for about an hour, you'll see that Tarty has a slightly different shade of pink.

Angel

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
15-10-2014, 07:36 AM
So is the resignation of aurora and DL being discussed or what?
I've also seen both of them on now too. DL is on right now.

I wanna know, from an admin (not a sm, not a mod), that this is being taken seriously or whether we should try our luck going above their heads to Seth.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-10-2014, 07:43 AM
(15-10-2014 07:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 07:14 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ...
Lol I thought Tarty was a mod before he was one and asked him for help. Blush

He's a Senior mod.

Vosur and I are Trainee mods.

If you stare at your screen, very close up, for about an hour, you'll see that Tarty has a slightly different shade of pink.

Angel

[Image: SvUU4TU.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post