I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 10:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 09:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Well people do care or no one would be talking.
Id like to say YES for Chas as admin. He's here. He cares. He's fair minded and cares about this place.
Did i mention that he cares?

Now that doesnt mean others don't care. I know they do. But Chas can spot a troll from 30 paces and he's here everyday.....helping us all.

My 2 cents worth.

This Forbes troll getting shut down in an hour of a violation is/was good work...
But Chas would have banned him and threads like this wouldnt happen.

Chas please.

(Holds lighter in the air.....lit)

Maybe you could cast a spell ... ? Consider

Working on it Smile

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 09:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 08:49 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I wish your understanding could change something. I mean I appreciate that you do Hug Heart
I know it's hard and I won't pressure anyone but hypothetically I would love to see what it would look like if every member of the forum team shared their opinion in this thread. Even if their opinion is, you know, fuck off Losty stop stirring up shit no one cares about your problems. Lol. Seriously if everyone shared their opinion that would be super awesome. Hypothetically. No pressure Angel

Well people do care or no one would be talking.
Id like to say YES for Chas as admin. He's here. He cares. He's fair minded and cares about this place.
Did i mention that he cares?

Now that doesnt mean others don't care. I know they do. But Chas can spot a troll from 30 paces and he's here everyday.....helping us all.

My 2 cents worth.

This Forbes troll getting shut down in an hour of a violation is/was good work...
But Chas would have banned him and threads like this wouldnt happen.

Chas please.

(Holds lighter in the air.....lit)

I'm sorry I wasn't insinuating that I don't think people care. I was trying to say that I think everyone should voice their opinions even if they disagree with me.

Some people think the issue with WC was handled the best way it could have been. Some people don't think a person should be banned for stalking and harassment that happens outside of the forum. That is fine I respect everyone's right to have their opinion and I want people to share their opinions and I hope that everyone would allow any opinions to be shared honestly without being attacked.
Because it needs to be discussed and people need to say how they feel not only about the WC issue but more importantly about the admin (or lack of admin) issue.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
15-10-2014, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 10:49 AM by BnW.)
(15-10-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 09:40 AM)BnW Wrote:  I missed the whole WC debacle, aside from a few weird posts of his I read, and can't really comment on how the forum is being run. So, you're probably now wondering "so why the fuck are you chiming in?"

It's a fair question. And, it's mostly to say this: if you are providing enough information on a forum that people can figure out your name, where you live, etc., then you need to rethink how you interact on these forums. I'm not excusing WC's behavior or taking any position on proposed changes of admins. I'm just starting there are a lot of seriously fucked up people in the world and the internet gives them the means to highlight how sick they are. No matter what else happens, you should think about what clues you give about who you are and adjust accordingly. Moderating and banning people only masks the problem. If you don't feel safe, not letting someone post doesn't make you any safer.

While that is good sense, it doesn't speak to the issue of getting such people off the forum.

Nor was it intended to. I have no real opinion on that. I'm a near absolutist on the right of free speech but posting on an internet forum that someone else pays for is not a "right". I think this forum is amazingly tolerant given some of the incidents that have occurred over the years and if the decision was made to ban people at the first sign of trouble, that would be fine with me. It's not my forum, I have no illusions about a right to post here.

But, this latest incident highlights another problem; many of you provide way more information about yourself than you should. This one asshole did a bunch of you a favor by highlighting that. You all need to learn from that lesson. It would be one thing if this was a closed community and you could control who reads the forums. But, that is not the case.

It's one thing off you're like Seth who puts himself out in the public. But, most of its here are anonymous. If you intend to remain that way, then be aware of the clues you drop. That's all.

Btw, just noticed the post above me. Put me down as voting to ban stalkers. Being on internet doesn't make that ok.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
15-10-2014, 10:49 AM
I second Chas for admin. He had WC pegged from jump street. He's a wizard, in my humble opinion.
Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
15-10-2014, 10:52 AM
(15-10-2014 10:49 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I second Chas for admin. He had WC pegged from jump street. He's a wizard, in my humble opinion.
Heart

You can't second him. Witchy seconded him.

Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
15-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Before people get sidetracked can we please focus on the issue of inactive admins and if the current admins are going to step down or not.

edit: going to sleep, Ill pop back in in the afternoon when I wake up.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-10-2014, 10:54 AM
(15-10-2014 10:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 10:49 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I second Chas for admin. He had WC pegged from jump street. He's a wizard, in my humble opinion.
Heart

You can't second him. Witchy seconded him.

Dodgy

I vote DLJ and Vobama (Vosur) for admins.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
15-10-2014, 10:59 AM
(15-10-2014 10:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Before people get sidetracked can we please focus on the issue of inactive admins and if the current admins are going to step down or not.

edit: going to sleep, Ill pop back in in the afternoon when I wake up.

They're not muffsie. They should but they definitely are not going to just step down. If we cause enough of a stir perhaps they'll notice.

Maybe if everyone PMs them and respectfully and politely asks that they either step up and be admins or step down and allow someone who has the time to take their places. (Wink wink DLJ and Vosur Wink )

15-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Viva la revolution! Wink

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 3 users Like CiderThinker's post
15-10-2014, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 11:08 AM by Full Circle.)
(15-10-2014 10:46 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  While that is good sense, it doesn't speak to the issue of getting such people off the forum.

Nor was it intended to. I have no real opinion on that. I'm a near absolutist on the right of free speech but posting on an internet forum that someone else pays for is not a "right". I think this forum is amazingly tolerant given some of the incidents that have occurred over the years and if the decision was made to ban people at the first sign of trouble, that would be fine with me. It's not my forum, I have no illusions about a right to post here.

But, this latest incident highlights another problem; many of you provide way more information about yourself than you should. This one asshole did a bunch of you a favor by highlighting that. You all need to learn from that lesson. It would be one thing if this was a closed community and you could control who reads the forums. But, that is not the case.

It's one thing off you're like Seth who puts himself out in the public. But, most of its here are anonymous. If you intend to remain that way, then be aware of the clues you drop. That's all.

Btw, just noticed the post above me. Put me down as voting to ban stalkers. Being on internet doesn't make that ok.

BnW makes a very salient point that I learned last year on this very forum.

I had recently posted a photo of me in the "Do you have the genitals" when some dipshit started talking about how it is perfectly justifiable to kill atheists. That did it for me, took down my photo and now I divulge very little information that could be used to pinpoint how to find me or info that could be manipulated in a nefarious way.

There are a lot of crazies out there and let's face it, atheist is still a fighting word in 'Murica.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post