I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 01:21 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
Double post

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 10:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Before people get sidetracked can we please focus on the issue of inactive admins and if the current admins are going to step down or not.

edit: going to sleep, Ill pop back in in the afternoon when I wake up.

In all seriousness Muffs, I'm not as stuck on trying to pin point inactivity of current administration as much as I'm trying to focus on an issue apparent in recent months/weeks and who we have on board that can be good, reliable help.
If anyone currently serving wants to feel inadequate from our request for Chas to become admin...thats their prerogative. But i wont say inadequate.
Mostly for there could be many factors that make troll situations happen. Not serving here in any official capacity i really have no dog in this fight.
I can, however, recognize issues and see possible solutions ; l i ke having Chas be a watchful eye with ban capability.
Staying positive and seeking help is simply more important to me than trying to point fingers.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
15-10-2014, 11:05 AM
RE:
(15-10-2014 10:54 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I vote DLJ and Vobama (Vosur) for admins.

[Image: Nyw3ffT.jpg]

Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
15-10-2014, 11:06 AM
See, here's the issue. I have read this entire thread and I still don't know exactly what people's problem is. Regarding the Admins, there are private circumstances to do with both of them right now, that's life. No-one can dedicate themselves to the forum 24 hours a day. I'll happily share more when they are happy for me to do so. But as for what hasn't been done that people think should have been (or what has been done that people think shouldn't have been), no idea. I've got a lot of people saying WC, not many giving me anything tangible to pass up the ladder.

I've asked before and I'll ask again, if anyone actually wants to Skype me to discuss what they would like to see done differently, I'm all ears. I think that would be great. This is the third time I've said it and so far I've had one person say they would like to at some undetermined future point. So, anyone who wants to constructively give me something to pass on that I can work with, shoot me a PM.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
15-10-2014, 11:08 AM
(15-10-2014 11:06 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  See, here's the issue. I have read this entire thread and I still don't know exactly what people's problem is. Regarding the Admins, there are private circumstances to do with both of them right now, that's life. No-one can dedicate themselves to the forum 24 hours a day. I'll happily share more when they are happy for me to do so. But as for what hasn't been done that people think should have been (or what has been done that people think shouldn't have been), no idea. I've got a lot of people saying WC, not many giving me anything tangible to pass up that ladder.

I've asked before and I'll ask again, if anyone actually wants to Skype me to discuss what they would like to see done differently, I'm all ear. I think that would be great. This is the third time I've said it and so far I've had one person say they would like to at some undetermined future point. So, anyone who wants to constructively give me something to pass on that I can work with, shoot me a PM.

I cannot skype w you but ive certainly typed up my thoughts clearly.

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
15-10-2014, 11:09 AM
(15-10-2014 11:08 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I cannot skype w you but ive certainly typed up my thoughts clearly.

Cool, send them to me and I'll take a look. Smile

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
15-10-2014, 11:11 AM
(15-10-2014 11:09 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 11:08 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I cannot skype w you but ive certainly typed up my thoughts clearly.

Cool, send them to me and I'll take a look. Smile

Erm...... Im not trying to be an asshole or anything but my thoughts are in this thread, Hughsie.

<3

15-10-2014, 11:12 AM
(15-10-2014 10:54 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
I vote DLJ and Vobama (Vosur) for admins.

I vote for Demonic Lemon and Dark Light for Admins

and

Kingschosen and KidCharlemagne for Supermods

That should simplify things

Angel

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
15-10-2014, 11:12 AM
(15-10-2014 11:11 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Erm...... Im not trying to be an asshole or anything but my thoughts are in this thread, Hughsie.

<3

Well, if memory serves me correctly there are several posts from you in this thread. Is there any one in particular or should I just search them all out?

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
15-10-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't think Skype is required for my point Hughsie - I entirely understand that life gets in the way of being an admin for a forum, my issue is that if there are only two of them then that is not enough where only admins have a final say in banning people.

Admins need to have a presence on the forum if parts of their role as admins cannot be performed by others on the FT.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post