I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 11:51 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 11:23 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Sure, I can Skype. Give me a call.

That went very well. Thank you for the call Hug
For some reason I am always surprised by your accent. I expect like American military sergeant voice lol. I don't know why.

Thank you, it was good to talk to you and be able to hear you views first hand. I thought it was very constructive.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
15-10-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 09:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  A complaint often put out is "This is a volunteer staff" and that is true, however, even as a volunteer there are responsibilities you sign up for when you accept the position. If you are unable to fulfill those responsibilities you should step down and allow someone who could fulfill them to take the position. No one has to be on the forum team and if they are not able to put the running of the forum high on their list of priorities then they should not be on the forum team.
I agree to an extent, but I feel the staff takes care of their responsibilities "well enough". With the exception of the Admins, mostly because due to lack of appearance, I don't know what they do or do not do.

Do we have ready, willing, and capable volunteers for admins?

Chas isn't denying his nomination, but he hasn't expressed a desire to admin. Vosur appears to be willing, but I can't tell if he is joking or not.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
15-10-2014, 11:57 AM
RE:
(15-10-2014 11:56 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Vosur appears to be willing, but I can't tell if he is joking or not.
I'm content to remain Goebbels so long as DLJ rises up to become Hitler. Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-10-2014, 12:01 PM
So DLJ and Chas added to the ranks of admin.
Can i get a "hell yeah"??

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
15-10-2014, 12:08 PM
(15-10-2014 12:01 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So DLJ and Chas added to the ranks of admin.

Wtf
15-10-2014, 12:15 PM
(15-10-2014 12:01 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So DLJ and Chas added to the ranks of admin.

Hell NO!!!!

Gasp

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-10-2014, 12:16 PM
I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 11:57 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm content to remain Goebbels so long as DLJ rises up to become Hitler. Smartass

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
15-10-2014, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 12:32 PM by Losty.)
(15-10-2014 11:31 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 11:21 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm fine with aurora stepping down and then 2 more admins being promoted. I already said we need more than 2 admins, but we don't need admins that are inactive either way.

There's nothing wrong with an absent admin if decisions can be made without them.

I'm an admin on another forum. I wish I wasn't to be honest but I check in occasionally and help discuss things when things get difficult. They have a really large moderator team but they still always reach a consensus. Although they don't allow for any political or religious discussion so I suppose that's easier.

On another forum I ended up sole admin and it was a nightmare. I sometimes had help from a second admin but it can really wear you down. The fact is that real life does take priority.

From what I can tell TTA has a good forum team. There just needs to be a little bit more empowerment that's all.

I suppose it doesn't hurt to leave her as admin. I think we should have 3 though, not including her.

This is an active community. Very active. When drama goes down and things seem out of control, I want to have admins who actually participate in the forum making the calls. I don't trust some faceless stranger who has never even spoken to me to make the best decisions for the forum. And if I've only seen you post twice in the year I've been here then that's what you are. Doesn't mean you're not actually a wonderful lovely person who I would enjoy being friends with, it just means I don't know you.
DL is a different story. I know him and I think he's great. I haven't really seen him post much since the last mafia game he was in, but you know I've also been MIA for a while so maybe I've just missed him.

Communication is important. I learned in my call with Hughsie that I failed somewhere in my means of communication with the FT about WC. Some people who I assumed knew things maybe didn't know as much I thought they did. I would say that I haven't changed my mind about not putting someone on ignore if you truly need evidence against them especially if they're someone you feel threatened by afk, and I also think if you ever have this problem or a problem like it you should go ahead and PM the entire FT the details so you don't have to worry about whether or not the information is being passed on to everyone.

And yes, like BnW said, be careful what you post and who you trust. I don't think I posted a lot if information about who I am or where I live just my state. But I did give out my email address and I should have been more wary about who I gave it to.

I want to reiterate here so people know what I'm saying.

Communication is very important.
If someone truly feels threatened by a stalker and provides information as to why, that person should be banned (again my opinion). Allowing someone like that endangers forum members and generally just makes the forum a place people don't want to be.
We need admins who not only have time to be admins but also to interact with the forum and the members.
We need admins we know and trust so we can support them when they make decisions rather than being told by mods and supermods, I don't know you'll have to ask the faceless stranger.
And we need more admins so that there can be an admin almost constantly available.

I would add that I think we need admins and mods that reflect the wants and needs of the community as a whole but that's just how I feel. This isn't a democracy here so that's not actually necessary so long as there are active admins that are available and follow the rules already in place.

Finally, I'll just say this last part for no one in particular and not for any reason: rule #20 becomes irrelevant when I'm trying to get a point across and I can't type as fast as I can think and I secretly honestly don't give much thought to g....well nevermind that part I didn't really mean it anyways, but the point is I could always go back and edit these posts if necessary Angel Blush Tongue Angel Laugh out load Angel Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
15-10-2014, 12:34 PM
(15-10-2014 12:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

Wtf

Um.... Isnt that what people were advocating?

WTAF?
Im just going off the comments in this thread.
Whats the problem????

15-10-2014, 12:35 PM
(15-10-2014 12:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Hell NO!!!!

Gasp

No?
You dont want the job?
Sorry. Didnt know that.

Can we have Chas then?
Please?

Yanno when people type
DLJ
and Chas....
I blasted right to the get-it-done section.
Dont know why not. Do we really have to bat this around page after page.....on & on????

Can we just FIX it already ????????

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post