I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 09:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 08:46 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  But I also partially agree with Hughsie that choosing to not use the built-in functions such as blocking/ignoring is kind of irresponsible if you are legitimately bothered/fearful. My suggestion if a member really makes you feel unsafe would be to block them and then message a mod/supermod/admin with specific reasons why you feel the person is unsafe and should be banned.

The exception to that would be police involvement. If the troll's behavior is known to extend into people's private life, such as stalking outside of the forum, and the police needs to get involved, the police wants to see evidence, such as PMs, email etc.

From what I read (correct me if wrong) Losty did go to the police and had deleted the evidence. So she got a reassuring pat on the shoulder and the instructions not to delete.

So, if you are gathering official evidence against someone who is committing criminal acts, it is advisable to let evidence accumulate, and not to ignore.
Yes, if you are trying to make a legal case against somebody then gathering evidence is necessary. For a special scenario like that I completely agree. But in general when an anonymous troll or dick show up on the forum, the block button is there for a reason. User: blocked. Dangerous comment: forwarded to FT.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 12:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 12:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Hell NO!!!!

Gasp

No?
You dont want the job?
Sorry. Didnt know that.

Depends.

What are you offering?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-10-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admi
*ponders*
I've debated on whether or not I should weigh in here... hmmm...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
15-10-2014, 12:39 PM
(15-10-2014 12:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 12:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  No?
You dont want the job?
Sorry. Didnt know that.

Depends.

What are you offering?

Consider

My pay would be substantial but you'd have to collect in person.

Snark snark

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
15-10-2014, 12:40 PM
(15-10-2014 12:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 12:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Hell NO!!!!

Gasp

No?
You dont want the job?
Sorry. Didnt know that.

Can we have Chas then?
Please?

Yanno when people type
DLJ
and Chas....
I blasted right to the get-it-done section.
Dont know why not. Do we really have to bat this around page after page.....on & on????

Can we just FIX it already ????????

Bump for good reason

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-10-2014, 12:40 PM
(15-10-2014 12:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  *ponders*
I've debated on whether or not I should weigh in here... hmmm...

Well I think you should, but then I think everyone should.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Honestly my biggest question in all of this is Who in the world FSM_Scot is? And how could he have banned Chippy if Chippy was banned during my time away from the forum. Was there an Admin shuffle earlier this year before KC stepped down?

15-10-2014, 12:44 PM
(15-10-2014 12:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Honestly my biggest question in all of this is Who in the world FSM_Scot is? And how could he have banned Chippy if Chippy was banned during my time away from the forum. Was there an Admin shuffle earlier this year before KC stepped down?

Lol. Best post ever Laugh out load

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-10-2014, 12:51 PM
(15-10-2014 09:01 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 08:46 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  My general opinion is that extensively complaining about a free service run mostly by well-intentioned volunteers is usually unwarranted. In this specific situation, I think there are some valid issues, but the complaints are a bit blown out of proportion. The treatment of WickedClown seems to be the main catalyst. While the way he was dealt with was a bit "slow" by most of our standards, he was ultimately dealt with (sock puppets aside). But he was a huge manipulator, playing different roles in order to last as long as he could. I try to understand how WickedClown actually bothered people, and I sort of get it. But I also partially agree with Hughsie that choosing to not use the built-in functions such as blocking/ignoring is kind of irresponsible if you are legitimately bothered/fearful. My suggestion if a member really makes you feel unsafe would be to block them and then message a mod/supermod/admin with specific reasons why you feel the person is unsafe and should be banned.

Regarding specific suggestions, I don't think giving supermods permaban ability would be inappropriate. I also think that there is a decent point to switching admins when the current ones are inactive. However, this isn't a democracy, and popular vote doesn't make the change happen.

I hope things calm down, hating on each other is sad and makes me feel like I'm watching my family fighting. I do appreciate the work the forum team does. It's not perfect, but nothing is. But hey, time is our most valuable resource, and you guys are giving it up for the sake of this forum, so thank you.

I know my opinion won't be popular, as they rarely are. I wish I could say more, but I'm way out of time. Maybe I'll try to elaborate more later...

Your opinion is fine. I understand how you feel. I don't want to be here starting drama. I wanted the admins to post a thread saying hey guys this is what happened with WC, this is where we believe we went wrong, and this is what we plan to do in the future to protect our members. Besides from my PTSD and the fact that I spend my time literally running from and hiding out from a very dangerous ex which means things like this terrify me and threaten to send me into a mental breakdown, besides from that, people like WC can pose a very real threat in places like this. First with the sharing of someone's private information on a large forum and second if the next time it's someone who literally wants to hurt someone. These things pose a serious threat to all forum members. So I thought the admins would think that's important.
But then I remembered, what admins? So I posted this thread. Besides from WC I haven't been hating on anyone. I love everyone at this forum. Well I mean I don't know who aurora is but I'm sure she's a great person.
No one is being hated on. No one is fighting. Some people are just incapable of doing their job for whatever reason and they need to step down and let someone who can handle the responsibilities of running a forum take over. I'm making a big deal because I care.
I understand. It seems sort of like you are starting a coup *half joking/half serious*. I'm probably not looking at this the same way as I've never really belonged to a "community" before. I look at this forum as sort of like what I wish facebook was. Like an open courtyard where I can see familiar people from time to time and what they are honestly thinking and doing in their daily lives. I just don't personally see it as being my place to tell the people who are voluntarily maintaining the courtyard that they are not doing a good enough job for me. I'm just happy the courtyard exists in the first place.

[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
15-10-2014, 01:00 PM
I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 12:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Honestly my biggest question in all of this is Who in the world FSM_Scot is?

I'm what goes bump in the night. Because its dark and stuff and I don't own night vision goggles so walk into stuff.

(15-10-2014 12:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  And how could he have banned Chippy if Chippy was banned during my time away from the forum.

It was my last act as supermod before leaving the forum. I swung the ban hammer and do not regret it. Someone on the FT must have unbanned him then re banned him (no surprise) further down the line.

(15-10-2014 12:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Was there an Admin shuffle earlier this year before KC stepped down?

No idea I wasn't here for that.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 8 users Like FSM_scot's post