I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 01:01 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 12:51 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 09:01 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Your opinion is fine. I understand how you feel. I don't want to be here starting drama. I wanted the admins to post a thread saying hey guys this is what happened with WC, this is where we believe we went wrong, and this is what we plan to do in the future to protect our members. Besides from my PTSD and the fact that I spend my time literally running from and hiding out from a very dangerous ex which means things like this terrify me and threaten to send me into a mental breakdown, besides from that, people like WC can pose a very real threat in places like this. First with the sharing of someone's private information on a large forum and second if the next time it's someone who literally wants to hurt someone. These things pose a serious threat to all forum members. So I thought the admins would think that's important.
But then I remembered, what admins? So I posted this thread. Besides from WC I haven't been hating on anyone. I love everyone at this forum. Well I mean I don't know who aurora is but I'm sure she's a great person.
No one is being hated on. No one is fighting. Some people are just incapable of doing their job for whatever reason and they need to step down and let someone who can handle the responsibilities of running a forum take over. I'm making a big deal because I care.
I understand. It seems sort of like you are starting a coup *half joking/half serious*. I'm probably not looking at this the same way as I've never really belonged to a "community" before. I look at this forum as sort of like what I wish facebook was. Like an open courtyard where I can see familiar people from time to time and what they are honestly thinking and doing in their daily lives. I just don't personally see it as being my place to tell the people who are voluntarily maintaining the courtyard that they are not doing a good enough job for me. I'm just happy the courtyard exists in the first place.

Maybe I am. Maybe I'm just trying to get people to look because I think something honestly needs to change. The admins are welcome to say Losty you don't have a right to demand change here, and you're not going to get it and I will leave. But I don't want to leave I just want things to be better in the future. I want admins who will at least come out and say
This is what happened
This is why
This is how we plan to prevent this in the future

I know they're volunteers but no one is forcing them to volunteer either. There are plenty of other people willing and able to do the job.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
15-10-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 01:00 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  [*...Juicy details...*]
Oh....you were a supermod! I thought your color was reserved for ex-admins. I need to go back to TTA color school.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-10-2014, 01:10 PM
I was an admin at the same time as Hughsie before that.

I've been every position in the forum team except vet. In fact I spent more time as a member of the FT than I have as a regular member.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
15-10-2014, 01:14 PM
(15-10-2014 01:07 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 01:00 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  [*...Juicy details...*]
Oh....you were a supermod! I thought your color was reserved for ex-admins. I need to go back to TTA color school.

Ex Staff is rainbow. Ex admin is teal.
15-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Thank you. All the sense has been made.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
15-10-2014, 04:01 PM
(15-10-2014 05:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I vote for Chas for Admin.

cause then everyone will be banned and there will be no one left to require moderation. Easy peasy.

You make a banishable argument. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-10-2014, 04:12 PM
(15-10-2014 10:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Before people get sidetracked can we please focus on the issue of inactive admins and if the current admins are going to step down or not.

There is no reason for them to step down. What I have observed through the series of banhammerers I've seen is that wielding the banhammer invariably and inevitably results in the gradual dissolution of the virtual persona pre-banhammer. As they take their responsibility seriously, they reign in their own participation to try and stay as neutral and objective as possible. In every case until DarkIsTheNewLight and AuroraBorealis I've seen the banhammer take its toll. They seem to be handling it well so far.

That, and they're likely spending a lot of their time taking shit from both sides.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-10-2014, 04:22 PM
(15-10-2014 11:06 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  See, here's the issue. I have read this entire thread and I still don't know exactly what people's problem is. Regarding the Admins, there are private circumstances to do with both of them right now, that's life. No-one can dedicate themselves to the forum 24 hours a day. I'll happily share more when they are happy for me to do so. But as for what hasn't been done that people think should have been (or what has been done that people think shouldn't have been), no idea. I've got a lot of people saying WC, not many giving me anything tangible to pass up the ladder.

I've asked before and I'll ask again, if anyone actually wants to Skype me to discuss what they would like to see done differently, I'm all ears. I think that would be great. This is the third time I've said it and so far I've had one person say they would like to at some undetermined future point. So, anyone who wants to constructively give me something to pass on that I can work with, shoot me a PM.

Exactly, they have private circumstances that keep them from their responsibilities as admins. Nobody here is saying they're not good forum members, what we're saying is that they make terrible admins because they don't even post here.

24hours has gone by, both admins have been online but neither has commented. Aurora's last post was 16 days ago, DL's was 9 days ago.
That's not good enough.

Not only that, Aurora is totally unwilling to actually do the administrative job she agreed to do. Both agreed to the job, nobody forced them into that position and so they have an obligation. Yes nobody can be on the forum 24/7 but 9days, 16days, never posting etc.. isn't good enough.

It doesn't matter that they have personal life commitments, in fact if anything that is even more reason they need to step down, they committed to a job and they're failing to make that commitment and so they should step down as admin.

Honestly, you'd make a better admin right now Hughsie. At least you bother to respond to people. I'm dead fucking serious when I say that they need to go.
They need to step down and you need to be promoted to admin temporarily until two new admins can be decided (Vobama and Jeff Goldblum imo).

Quote:The admins don't need to step down. They just need to promote some more admins.

No, they need to step down. Things become cluttered if we have like 5 admins.
We need 1 or 2 max IMO.

Quote:There is no reason for them to step down. What I have observed through the series of banhammerers I've seen is that wielding the banhammer invariably and inevitably results in the gradual dissolution of the virtual persona pre-banhammer. As they take their responsibility seriously, they reign in their own participation to try and stay as neutral and objective as possible. In every case until DarkIsTheNewLight and AuroraBorealis I've seen the banhammer take its toll. They seem to be handling it well so far.

That, and they're likely spending a lot of their time taking shit from both sides.

There is perfectly good reason for them to step down. 16days, 9days, 7posts in a month. Complete disconnect from the community due to inactivity.
They're not vets, they're admins. They need to be active members of the forum and neither one of them currently is.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
15-10-2014, 04:32 PM
I still have no answer as to why my vote for DLJ & Chas was bad? Ferdie? Anyone?
If those two for admin is so bad.....
Somebody anybody... Tell me why?????

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
15-10-2014, 04:37 PM
(15-10-2014 04:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 11:06 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  See, here's the issue. I have read this entire thread and I still don't know exactly what people's problem is. Regarding the Admins, there are private circumstances to do with both of them right now, that's life. No-one can dedicate themselves to the forum 24 hours a day. I'll happily share more when they are happy for me to do so. But as for what hasn't been done that people think should have been (or what has been done that people think shouldn't have been), no idea. I've got a lot of people saying WC, not many giving me anything tangible to pass up the ladder.

I've asked before and I'll ask again, if anyone actually wants to Skype me to discuss what they would like to see done differently, I'm all ears. I think that would be great. This is the third time I've said it and so far I've had one person say they would like to at some undetermined future point. So, anyone who wants to constructively give me something to pass on that I can work with, shoot me a PM.

Exactly, they have private circumstances that keep them from their responsibilities as admins. Nobody here is saying they're not good forum members, what we're saying is that they make terrible admins because they don't even post here.

24hours has gone by, both admins have been online but neither has commented. Aurora's last post was 16 days ago, DL's was 9 days ago.
That's not good enough.

Not only that, Aurora is totally unwilling to actually do the administrative job she agreed to do. Both agreed to the job, nobody forced them into that position and so they have an obligation. Yes nobody can be on the forum 24/7 but 9days, 16days, never posting etc.. isn't good enough.

It doesn't matter that they have personal life commitments, in fact if anything that is even more reason they need to step down, they committed to a job and they're failing to make that commitment and so they should step down as admin.

Honestly, you'd make a better admin right now Hughsie. At least you bother to respond to people. I'm dead fucking serious when I say that they need to go.
They need to step down and you need to be promoted to admin temporarily until two new admins can be decided (Vobama and Jeff Goldblum imo).

Quote:The admins don't need to step down. They just need to promote some more admins.

No, they need to step down. Things become cluttered if we have like 5 admins.
We need 1 or 2 max IMO.

Quote:There is no reason for them to step down. What I have observed through the series of banhammerers I've seen is that wielding the banhammer invariably and inevitably results in the gradual dissolution of the virtual persona pre-banhammer. As they take their responsibility seriously, they reign in their own participation to try and stay as neutral and objective as possible. In every case until DarkIsTheNewLight and AuroraBorealis I've seen the banhammer take its toll. They seem to be handling it well so far.

There is perfectly good reason for them to step down. 16days, 9days, 7posts in a month. Complete disconnect from the community due to inactivity.
They're not vets, they're admins. They need to be active members of the forum and neither one of them currently is.

Your IMO is off.
No.
Its Chas.
Pure & simple.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.