I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 05:07 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 05:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Under the current set up and the way Moderating works on this forum they do need to step aside.

Well I am not that familiar with the way the moderating team is set up so I will have to take your word on that unless you care to explain.

It does suggest then that the current set up should be changed though.

Currently any major action (bannings et al) requires full agreement by both admins. If there is a disagreement between the 2 then the supermods vote with whoever gains a majority winning the disagreement. If both admins are simply absent things just do not get done.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-10-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 05:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not a hard fucking issue to understand...

Likewise that it's not the only system that's possible an which works equally well. Systems can evolve you know you ultra conservative you Smile

Anyway I said I was going to butt out now and I don't really care enough to get drawn too much into this.
15-10-2014, 05:25 PM
(15-10-2014 04:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 04:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  24hours has gone by, both admins have been online but neither has commented.

The silence is deafening.

(15-10-2014 04:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If they truly wanted what was best for the forum they would step down.

So much this.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
15-10-2014, 05:27 PM
How weird is this - a massive thread on an atheist forum that's coming down to debating the existence of Mod...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 11 users Like CiderThinker's post
15-10-2014, 05:30 PM
(15-10-2014 05:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  TTA forum is the sum of its members and IMO there are incredible personalities here making this place a real gem. I for one feel a personal attachment to the people here and so it follows that I have a personal stake in the forum.

The FT can choose to handle this situation in several ways and I would hope that the one taken is to acknowledge the issue and to keep us, the forum at large, in the loop of what if anything is being contemplated and the why.

The other way is secrecy or inaction and I would hope you can see how this would make members like me feel disenfranchised. Maybe I'm deluding myself that my presence and input, and that of all those who have expressed their concerns regarding this issue, is valued by the FT.

I'd like to think is.

I think the FT in general cares. The mods and supermods care. But they can only do so much and say so much.

If you expect anything other than secrecy and/or inaction from the admins...it appears you may be deluding yourself just a little.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Is the discussion open to anyone?

I ask in all sincerity and respect. I'm extra-newbie here. If my opinion isn't helpful or warranted, that's fine. I won't be offended.

I'd just cry into herbal tea and write my sadness into a diary.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
15-10-2014, 05:35 PM
(15-10-2014 05:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Is the discussion open to anyone?

I ask in all sincerity and respect. I'm extra-newbie here. If my opinion isn't helpful or warranted, that's fine. I won't be offended.

No better way to get your feet wet than just jumping in. All opinons (except those from douchebags and gay virgin Kiwis) are welcome. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-10-2014, 05:35 PM

This is a discussion regarding the direction of the forum the way I see it every member is welcome to join in.Thumbsup

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 6 users Like FSM_scot's post
15-10-2014, 05:36 PM

Consider
I back Clockwork for Underboss Big Grin Maybe Consigliere Shy
Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
15-10-2014, 05:39 PM
(15-10-2014 05:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

Consider
I back Clockwork for Underboss Big Grin Maybe Consigliere Shy
Tongue

The herbal tea's gotta go.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post