I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 05:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 05:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Consider
I back Clockwork for Underboss Big Grin Maybe Consigliere Shy
Tongue

The herbal tea's gotta go.

What if it's a special herb?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-10-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(15-10-2014 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 05:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The herbal tea's gotta go.

What if it's a special herb?

Ayahuasca is okay. And certain tinctures of ethanol but not water-soluble herbs are also allowed but require sampling and preapproval from the forum.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-10-2014, 05:44 PM
(15-10-2014 05:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Is the discussion open to anyone?

I ask in all sincerity and respect. I'm extra-newbie here. If my opinion isn't helpful or warranted, that's fine. I won't be offended.

I'd just cry into herbal tea and write my sadness into a diary.
GO AWAY NOOB.

Gasp

hah...just kidding Big Grin. I don't see the harm of anybody saying their piece at this point.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
15-10-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm all for giving the Admins and Mods a chance to go over this mess and tell us what the plan is when they figure out what they're going to do.
No point in anyone getting their undies in a twist until we hear from them.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm seeing a lot of "votes" for a dream admin team. I just want to say, I'd vote for Moms. She is super active, always quick to respond when a post is reported. DLJ doesn't seem to want it (though he would get my vote if he did), and while I think Vosur would do a great job, I feel like he's about as active as DL was. I may be just missing him though because of time zones. Could just be my perception.

I like the idea of three admins who are active responsible members. If we can get folks with differing time zones too that'd be an added bonus. More likely to have full time coverage, though of course we can't expect 24/7 activity. It would be an improvement at least.

Just my two cents

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
15-10-2014, 05:49 PM
[Image: enhanced-12070-1404926138-3.png]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 14 users Like Anjele's post
15-10-2014, 05:57 PM
I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
Tongue

I'm Clockwork and I approve this message.

Since I don't know anyone here that well, I figured I couldn't offend anyone. And I apologize up front if I use the wrong pronouns; I'm still learning who's who.

I understand earmuffs saying an inactive admin step down. If they're not posting, then maybe their real life needs to be the priority. However, I'm not comfortable outright pushing for it. I don't know them, so I don't know if this is normal for them.

I do think there needs to be at least 2 active admins. I don't agree that 4 or 5 is overkill. More than that, yes. I've been an admin on forums, wiki, and IRC. A council like that doesn't work very well.

If it requires people asking the two current admins to step down, then I'm all for it. I understand that on an atheist site, debates and sore feelings are par for the course. We need a decisive team. I'd rather someone temp ban a twit and get overridden later than risk that twit going too far.

So my opinion is, decide on how many admins we really need. If it's 2, ask the current ones to step aside. No hard feelings. If it's 4 or 5, give another couple the chance to prove themselves. If they mess up, then discuss again.

None of us have the right to be here. Hypothetically if I screw up and get banned, then it's either my stupid fault or there are people here I don't want to be around.

To summarize, we need active admins. Period. Better to ban fast and get thumped on the nose than risk stupidity. We don't need to get Seth in here, so we may as well get people to watch out for things.

Would it just be easier to make me an admin? Smile

(15-10-2014 05:44 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  GO AWAY NOOB.

Gasp
I'm telling! Waaaaaahhh!
[+] 10 users Like Clockwork's post
15-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Sorry Vobama, Vote: newbie newb 2014 Laugh out load

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
15-10-2014, 06:07 PM
(15-10-2014 05:57 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
Tongue

I'm Clockwork and I approve this message.

Since I don't know anyone here that well, I figured I couldn't offend anyone. And I apologize up front if I use the wrong pronouns; I'm still learning who's who.

I understand earmuffs saying an inactive admin step down. If they're not posting, then maybe their real life needs to be the priority. However, I'm not comfortable outright pushing for it. I don't know them, so I don't know if this is normal for them.

I do think there needs to be at least 2 active admins. I don't agree that 4 or 5 is overkill. More than that, yes. I've been an admin on forums, wiki, and IRC. A council like that doesn't work very well.

If it requires people asking the two current admins to step down, then I'm all for it. I understand that on an atheist site, debates and sore feelings are par for the course. We need a decisive team. I'd rather someone temp ban a twit and get overridden later than risk that twit going too far.

So my opinion is, decide on how many admins we really need. If it's 2, ask the current ones to step aside. No hard feelings. If it's 4 or 5, give another couple the chance to prove themselves. If they mess up, then discuss again.

None of us have the right to be here. Hypothetically if I screw up and get banned, then it's either my stupid fault or there are people here I don't want to be around.

To summarize, we need active admins. Period. Better to ban fast and get thumped on the nose than risk stupidity. We don't need to get Seth in here, so we may as well get people to watch out for things.

Would it just be easier to make me an admin? Smile

(15-10-2014 05:44 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  GO AWAY NOOB.

Gasp
I'm telling! Waaaaaahhh!

Okay, you can stay. Dodgy

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-10-2014, 06:12 PM
(15-10-2014 06:04 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Sorry Vobama, Vote: newbie newb 2014 Laugh out load

Hey now, I'm still trying to make vet Dodgy Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post