I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 05:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nope I had a stalker outside of this forum. Someone who stalked and threatened and terrified me. Then he joined the forum and I immidiately placed him on ignore and took the necesarry steps to protect myself while the admins took zero steps to protect anyone else. It's disgusting to say that because it wasn't at this forum he couldn't be banned. I provided the gruesome details of the horrible things that were said to me including that he somehow discovered where I lived. Nothing was done. No one was protected. He then stalked harassed and found out location details of another member within and outside of this forum. Nothing was done. No one was protected. Wtf took so long? This is a complete failure to protect the members of this forum. He violated so so many rules long long before he was banned. Still you are the only one we get to here from and all you can tell us is to ask the admins. Well, here I am asking.

Oh, I'm not here to try and answer any of your questions. I was just clarifying the facts as I understand them for anyone who was interested.

As for the Admins, one has a very good reason not to be here posting right now. The other has both a job and studies to take care of and so, while they are here on a daily basis, they can't be here 24 hours a day.

Should you want to discuss something specific with them though I would advise either PMing them directly or posting FTM. That's just my advice though, feel free to ignore it if you so wish.

Given the way this forum is set up we need to have Admins that are here more often than not, if nether of them are able to fulfill that then maybe they should move aside for someone who can.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-10-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
I don't really understand why banning a troll is something to be considered like it is a Supreme Court ruling.
This is a privately run internet forum, if someone is acting like an obvious troll, or just being a dick in general, why the agonizing over whether they should be banned? It's not like the decision will be overturned on appeals.
If an obvious troll is obvious then off they go, it really doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.
[+] 15 users Like pablo's post
14-10-2014, 05:38 PM
(14-10-2014 05:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I don't really understand why banning a troll is something to be considered like it is a Supreme Court ruling.
This is a privately run internet forum, if someone is acting like an obvious troll, or just being a dick in general, why the agonizing over whether they should be banned? It's not like the decision will be overturned on appeals.
If an obvious troll is obvious then off they go, it really doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

I think it's the definition of the word "obvious" that causes the issue. I've seen people who are blatantly not trolls be labelled as such with supreme confidence by others in my time here.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
14-10-2014, 05:40 PM
(14-10-2014 05:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nope I had a stalker outside of this forum. Someone who stalked and threatened and terrified me. Then he joined the forum and I immidiately placed him on ignore and took the necesarry steps to protect myself while the admins took zero steps to protect anyone else. It's disgusting to say that because it wasn't at this forum he couldn't be banned. I provided the gruesome details of the horrible things that were said to me including that he somehow discovered where I lived. Nothing was done. No one was protected. He then stalked harassed and found out location details of another member within and outside of this forum. Nothing was done. No one was protected. Wtf took so long? This is a complete failure to protect the members of this forum. He violated so so many rules long long before he was banned. Still you are the only one we get to here from and all you can tell us is to ask the admins. Well, here I am asking.

Oh, I'm not here to try and answer any of your questions. I was just clarifying the facts as I understand them for anyone who was interested.

I know bae Heart it's just frustrating that you're the only one who seems to pay attention and yet you can't do much and you have no answers. I'm not blaming you or mad at you for not knowing. I'm just trying to...umm...cause a scene and see if the admins even notice.

Quote:As for the Admins, one has a very good reason not to be here posting right now. The other has both a job and studies to take care of and so, while they are here on a daily basis, they can't be here 24 hours a day.

1) if you don't have the time you shouldn't be admin. Period.
2) this forum seriously needs more than 2 admins.

Quote:Should you want to discuss something specific with them though I would advise either PMing them directly or posting FTM. That's just my advice though, feel free to ignore it if you so wish.

I don't think they'd appreciate my publicly posting their PMs or threads from the ftm subforum so I think I'll just keep talking and hope enough people join me to convince them to speak publicly about it.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
14-10-2014, 05:41 PM
(14-10-2014 05:38 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I don't really understand why banning a troll is something to be considered like it is a Supreme Court ruling.

I think it's the definition of the word "obvious" that causes the issue. I've seen people who are blatantly not trolls be labelled as such with supreme confidence by others in my time here.

Really? You can read, why take anyone's word for it? Simply reading a handful of posts is usually more than enough to recognize a troll.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
14-10-2014, 05:43 PM
If the mods from AF never sent any info on WC to our FT, and none of Losty's evidence was absolute, then it could be chalked up to a massive screw up, and everybody makes mistakes....
BUTT
I felt (and I know I know her better than some here) that Losty's honesty was called into question on a very serious matter that she had absolutely no reason what so ever to lie about! I mean how often did Losty "falsely" accuse J.E. Walker of stalking her, or HBL of sending her PM's about how he'd like to necro-fuck her kids? Dodgy Dodgy Never? Just WC? Huh..... Consider
AND
The only 2 excuses anyone could have for not having this sick fuck clocked as exactly that from the get go is
1) They did not read all of his posts (of which he made 50 a day! I know that's alot! .....but that's why I'll chose the refuse button if I'm ever asked to moderate)
2) While attempting to read his posts, they had their head ALL the way up their ass!

3 rules! See Girly's post Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-10-2014, 05:44 PM
(14-10-2014 05:12 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Stalking and harassment is not free speech in anyway, and there used to be a rule about harassment, why was it not enforced?.

So revealing Girly's name is a ban? but stalking isn't?....What???

Welcome back firstly.
You haven't been here for a while so allow me to explain the situation since you've left.

Dark Light. Not very active (not as much as he used to be). Only shows up when I say he's not active to prove he is in fact active.

Deep. Not active.

MomSBB. Not very active.

Hughsie. Active but his opinions are fucking stupid. Doesn't believe in trolls and would never ban anyone for anything if he had it his way. Didn't make a very good admin and would be utter trash as one now. Heart

Aurora. Completely inactive and has been for years. Why she's an admin is beyond me and she desperate needs to be replaced. She doesn't do anything and she doesn't even post on the forum. How can she be an admin of a forum she doesn't participate in?

So that's the SM and Admin's. The ones who are suppose to run this place.
As such you can see why there is a serious problem around here. People are either too inactive or too useless (Tim Heart ).
The moderators on the other hand are very good. They're all active, they all have a good sense of how things should be done and they represent the forum as it stands now and not as it stands back in 2010-11. The position should be given on worth, not given on time spent here. Aurora needs to be replaced by DLJ. MomSBB and Hughsie need to swap rolls with Vosur and Dom (sorry MomSBB, it's not personal).
Someone needs to be promoted to fill the moderator roll. Ideally someone not fromm the "skype clique" (hbecause Ferdy and Tartar both already are) and an active vet. A whole bunch of people need to be promoted to vet status. Hobbit, Free Thought, Hafnof, cjlr, Smercury, Full Circle among others. And inactive vets need to be removed as vets, maybe given a special colour like how past admins had the teal.

Of course none of this will happen because a) I suggested it and I don't exactly have a very big fan base in the SM and Admin pool and b) People want to keep certain people around, such as Aurora, because "I've known her from ages ago" and c) People don't want to give up power and d) it would require 10minutes effort which Holy Jesus H Christ heaven forbid! and lastly e) it would require admins to actually be on to do it.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 10 users Like earmuffs's post
14-10-2014, 05:46 PM
(14-10-2014 05:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:12 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Stalking and harassment is not free speech in anyway, and there used to be a rule about harassment, why was it not enforced?.

So revealing Girly's name is a ban? but stalking isn't?....What???

Welcome back firstly.
You haven't been here for a while so allow me to explain the situation since you've left.

Dark Light. Not very active (not as much as he used to be). Only shows up when I say he's not active to prove he is in fact active.

Deep. Not active.

MomSBB. Not very active.

Hughsie. Active but his opinions are fucking stupid. Doesn't believe in trolls and would never ban anyone for anything if he had it his way. Didn't make a very good admin and would be utter trash as one now. Heart

Aurora. Completely inactive and has been for years. Why she's an admin is beyond me and she desperate needs to be replaced. She doesn't do anything and she doesn't even post on the forum. How can she be an admin of a forum she doesn't participate in?

So that's the SM and Admin's. The ones who are suppose to run this place.
As such you can see why there is a serious problem around here. People are either too inactive or too useless (Tim Heart ).
The moderators on the other hand are very good. They're all active, they all have a good sense of how things should be done and they represent the forum as it stands now and not as it stands back in 2010-11. The position should be given on worth, not given on time spent here. Aurora needs to be replaced by DLJ. MomSBB and Hughsie need to swap rolls with Vosur and Dom (sorry MomSBB, it's not personal).
Someone needs to be promoted to fill the moderator roll. Ideally someone not fromm the "skype clique" (hbecause Ferdy and Tartar both already are) and an active vet. A whole bunch of people need to be promoted to vet status. Hobbit, Free Thought, Hafnof, cjlr, Smercury, Full Circle among others. And inactive vets need to be removed as vets, maybe given a special colour like how past admins had the teal.

Of course none of this will happen because a) I suggested it and I don't exactly have a very big fan base in the SM and Admin pool and b) People want to keep certain people around, such as Aurora, because "I've known her from ages ago" and c) People don't want to give up power and d) it would require 10minutes effort which Holy Jesus H Christ heaven forbid! and lastly e) it would require admins to actually be on to do it.

Momsbb is on every day and was the one keeping the shoutbox clown free for the last couple weeks. Other than that you are correct.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-10-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still
(14-10-2014 05:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't think they'd appreciate my publicly posting their PMs or threads from the ftm subforum so I think I'll just keep talking and hope enough people join me to convince them to speak publicly about it.

Well I can't talk for them but I can say that, if I were still Admin, I'd far prefer that. These public threads about such stuff are never productive. Skype is the best way, and failing that a 1 to 1 convo is best. I mean, just read this thread and imagine you're Admin. Given some people's comments, would you feel you were stepping into a calm arena to discuss things, or would you feel like you were stepping into a lion's den? Add to that that even if you and an Admin try to have a reasonable conversation here, you'll most likely both be drowned out by people flinging shit.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
14-10-2014, 05:47 PM
See, I knew you still loved me, muffs Girl_nails Heart Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post