I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(16-10-2014 04:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Clown boy's posts are so altered from the original that I don't see what good they are. The remedy of delete, edit, and clean up makes it hard to show what kind of things he really said on this forum.

Exactly, that makes the undertaking so much harder.

(16-10-2014 04:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
At this point, we can go back and forth forever. The team is going to stand up for the team. The members want answers and remedies for the future. That's not going to happen until and if Dark responds. At that point we can proceed with some sort of plan. Till then everyone is just pissing in the wind.

Agreed.

Although that does not mean that we can't all have a think about what could be done / should be done to make TTA the best it can be.

I think it needs to be a collaborative effort. All suggestions welcomed.

I'm wondering whether it would be valuable to post Seth's guidance in a separate thread and ask for everyone's opinion on how the principles / vision / goals can be achieved in the medium to long term.

What do you think?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-10-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(16-10-2014 03:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 02:28 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
Regardless of whether or not it's too late, I would still like to see the MPR.

It's not too late. But it's a seriously huge undertaking.

To get to the truth, side-step any potential re-writing of history and sift perceptions from reality, it would involve Deep (who is supposed to be relaxing, buried under pretty girls (or boys (or boy-girls)) in Thailand) creating a report of all posts (visible on the forum and those too in the 'management only' section) all related PMs (there are privacy issues there) and the Rep lists... with time-stamps and stuff.

Also collecting evidence from skype conversations (verbal and written) and for all I know, phone calls too and also interviewing all involved.

You can see the problems, right?

We certainly need to find a way to deal with this situation if (more likely when) it happens again but right now, we're simply not sufficiently resourced to be able to do it.

Another question of course, is whether, in this kind of situation, a ban is actually the solution. People have been saying that he was not banned quickly enough and that he should not have been allowed to join in the first place but a stalker does not need to be a member of the forum to be able to read what we write. So there are wider issues to consider than just how the forum team reacted.

So what I think I'm asking for, is to allow Dark some space to first finish his off-forum duties and when he comes back, give him the chance to think things though getting advice from all/any as necessary and then put forward a proposal of how to handle this... not a quick fix but a longer term solution.

It could well involve major changes. The philosopher king / benign dictator model worked for Stark but as he himself pointed out when he stepped down it wouldn't work now. A 'congress' model, perhaps having something like a school governing body has been suggested and there might be other alternatives. Who knows?

We have some guidance from Seth, we have limited resources (all volunteers), we have growing numbers and we have to work out a way (a governance model) that can balance the realistion of benefits vs. risks vs. resource constraints for all stakeholders for now and in the future.

Discussions are happening but things won't happen overnight.

Meanwhile, everyone, let's be careful out there.

[Image: hey-lets-be-careful-out-there-thumb.jpg]

I only created the thread to spark discussion and shed some light on the situation. I'm not demanding answers this very second. Dark Light should have made this thread before he went on vacation (my opinion). No one, absolutely no one should have been asked by anyone else not to discuss what was going on or how they felt about it. I should have went straight to the admins when the whole thing started. In my defense, I only knew KC and he happened to jump ship around the same time (bad coincidence).

So so many things need to be cleared up and most of them can't be until DL gets home. As I said, I truly hope he's having a great vacation and I am glad to wait patiently for him to return.

Doesn't mean I have anything against continuing the discussion in his absense.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
16-10-2014, 04:22 PM
(16-10-2014 04:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 04:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Clown boy's posts are so altered from the original that I don't see what good they are. The remedy of delete, edit, and clean up makes it hard to show what kind of things he really said on this forum.

Exactly, that makes the undertaking so much harder.

(16-10-2014 04:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
At this point, we can go back and forth forever. The team is going to stand up for the team. The members want answers and remedies for the future. That's not going to happen until and if Dark responds. At that point we can proceed with some sort of plan. Till then everyone is just pissing in the wind.

Agreed.

Although that does not mean that we can't all have a think about what could be done / should be done to make TTA the best it can be.

I think it needs to be a collaborative effort. All suggestions welcomed.

I'm wondering whether it would be valuable to post Seth's guidance in a separate thread and ask for everyone's opinion on how the principles / vision / goals can be achieved in the medium to long term.

What do you think?

When I suggested incorporating Seth's words I was told that since he wasn't here, they didn't matter. So, there's that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Maybe we should all trust in God that it will turn out OK?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-10-2014, 04:24 PM
I see a Green Stark! Gasp

Well....he's always green technically speaking. If he's not wearing it, he's smoking it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
16-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Just a glitch Tarty. Sorry.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Kind of comfortable seeing you green Stark. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
16-10-2014, 04:28 PM
(16-10-2014 04:26 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Just a glitch Tarty. Sorry.

You'd fit right in with a game from Bethesda.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
16-10-2014, 04:30 PM
(16-10-2014 04:24 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Maybe we should all trust in God that it will turn out OK?

Let us bow our heads in prayer ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
16-10-2014, 04:33 PM
(16-10-2014 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 04:24 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Maybe we should all trust in God that it will turn out OK?

Let us bow our heads in prayer ...

Would burning an embassy help? Cause we may have already.... Never mind just ignore the orange glow.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post