I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2014, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2014 08:56 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
Agree with Whiskey. Safety has to come first. It's a constant danger on a discussion forum that the undesirables take over and stop the genuine contributors from wanting to return.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
17-10-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(17-10-2014 06:33 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  If an atheist can't feel safe coming to an atheist forum then what the fuck do we as the TTA forum even have to offer atheists?

Free speech.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
17-10-2014, 08:51 AM
(17-10-2014 08:48 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 06:33 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  If an atheist can't feel safe coming to an atheist forum then what the fuck do we as the TTA forum even have to offer atheists?

Free speech.

Drinking Beverage

No, free expression within the rules.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
17-10-2014, 10:27 AM
(17-10-2014 07:14 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 06:33 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I might be a little bit late to the party in this thread but I'm coming down hard on the side of LostandInsecure. There is a lot that could be said about the handling of the whole WC situation, and much of it has been so I'll skip over that and just add what I wanna add.

Atheists are one of the most wrongfully mistrusted, vilified, and discriminated groups of people in North America if not the world at large. Most of us have been through some damn negative reactions to our atheism, either through discrimination in the work place, relationships, or communities. And that's the easy stuff. People are killed on a regular basis in some countries for this view. So my question is this:
If an atheist can't feel safe coming to an atheist forum then what the fuck do we as the TTA forum even have to offer atheists? To be the fucking McDonald's of atheist forums where we take all the garbage, we know to be garbage, once they make it here on the world tour of bannings? Why are we viewing animals like WickedClown in a vacuum?

Why should any member in good standing, with fantastic rep, who has been here for months and months have to leave the damn forum so they can feel comfortable and safe? And for what? So that a broken animal in a mental institution, with a lifelong history of mental problems, and a clear track record of disturbing, disruptive, and violent behavior, who has been banned from multiple atheist forms for specifically targeting atheist for trolling and abuse can have access to another community to disrupt? This is fucking stupid.
I'm all for giving a guy a chance...but WC's train of abuses is long and spans not just multiple forums but the real world too. I can even tolerate giving a guy like WC a chance to reform and display it here on the forum but NOT at the expense of other people which is, intentional or not, what happened here.

Inviting a known career thief into your vault unsupervised is not a matter of equality, redemption, or equal treatment under the law it is nothing more then godsdamned stupid. The fact he was allowed to continue to stuff his pockets is beyond stupid as to be motherfucking self destructive. There are billions of people in the fucking world we can afford to slam the door in the face of people like WC especially for the sake of the safety, security, and peace of mind of fellow forum members in good standing.

There are people still on this forum, today, who are in violation of multiple rules and have been for weeks or more. We need more active moderation in my opinion.

Well said. Thumbsup

Yeah.... That came with sharp edges and i liked it so so very much. Thank you WD.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
17-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I continue to be surprised by people's attitude. They want civil discourse and good discussion but seem to fearful to act against troublemakers who destroy decent discussion. And the admin/mod team side with caution continuously in the preservation of free speech. The regulars speak up in their own defense yet are made to wade through bullshit with the Ignor Button heralded as the solution for trolls.
Yes, theists are welcomed here and yes good discussion is healthy. But...,good discussion ends when troublemaking trolls are obviously giving grief and not valuable discourse.
Then everyone cries foul!
Well
WTAF?
Put someone on staff whos not afraid to clean the threads of mess making.

We need someone fearless NOT someone who's driven by cultural norms that sway too hard on the side of caution to the extent of ass kissing every possible troll who wonders in here singing free speech.

Seriously it is time we have someone who's prepared to protect US and not be an ass kisser.

[+] 8 users Like WitchSabrina's post
17-10-2014, 11:17 AM
I need to get this out because I'm upset beyond words. I have suffered embarrassment and humiliation, defending "WC." Well, here's a story. Remember how he spammed the shout box with all of that stuff directed at me? After all that, he was on another website and apologized to me. I accepted it and we talked as friends yet again. Yea, I know what you are thinking ...so Deidre, when are you getting that lobotomy again? I always try to see the good and he has a great side but he has a horrible side. That said, he promised me he wouldn't sock AF or TTA ever again, but today...he did just that. I knew immediately it was him.

I left the site I was on whereby we communicated. If you are reading this Matt, you better stay the fuck away from me now. I was your friend. I defended you. I forgave you. But, do not contact me, anywhere else again!

And I will report every single sock account I see going forward.

For the record, he denied everything mentioned in this thread. A fucking shock, I know!

Sorry Losty...I just needed to vent this here. Sad

I don't need a lecture you guys, I am so embarrassed and there are no words right now for how I feel.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
17-10-2014, 11:23 AM
(17-10-2014 11:17 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I need to get this out because I'm upset beyond words. I have suffered embarrassment and humiliation, defending "WC." Well, here's a story. Remember how he spammed the shout box with all of that stuff directed at me? After all that, he was on another website and apologized to me. I accepted it and we talked as friends yet again. Yea, I know what you are thinking ...so Deidre, when are you getting that lobotomy again? I always try to see the good and he has a great side but he has a horrible side. That said, he promised me he wouldn't sock AF or TTA ever again, but today...he did just that. I knew immediately it was him.

I left the site I was on whereby we communicated. If you are reading this Matt, you better stay the fuck away from me now. I was your friend. I defended you. I forgave you. But, do not contact me, anywhere else again!

For the record, he denied everything mentioned in this thread. A fucking shock, I know!

I don't need a lecture you guys, I am so embarrassed and there are no words right now for how I feel.

I dont want you to feel embarrassed or upset. I think your willingness to forget and forgive is admirable.
I just think you deserve to be on a site where you are safe and appreciated.
You tried to be nice. Been there. Done that.
Its not YOUR job to moderate or admin this site and keep it troll free.

(Hug)

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
17-10-2014, 11:29 AM
(17-10-2014 11:23 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 11:17 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I need to get this out because I'm upset beyond words. I have suffered embarrassment and humiliation, defending "WC." Well, here's a story. Remember how he spammed the shout box with all of that stuff directed at me? After all that, he was on another website and apologized to me. I accepted it and we talked as friends yet again. Yea, I know what you are thinking ...so Deidre, when are you getting that lobotomy again? I always try to see the good and he has a great side but he has a horrible side. That said, he promised me he wouldn't sock AF or TTA ever again, but today...he did just that. I knew immediately it was him.

I dont want you to feel embarrassed or upset. I think your willingness to forget and forgive is admirable.
I just think you deserve to be on a site where you are safe and appreciated.
You tried to be nice. Been there. Done that.
Its not YOUR job to moderate or admin this site and keep it troll free.

(Hug)

(((Thank you)))

It isn't so much "WC," per se as much as what this represents in my life. I have finally decided today, to get some counseling because allowing toxic people to get over on me is nothing new in my life. I must change this.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 9 users Like Deidre32's post
17-10-2014, 11:31 AM

Abused wife syndrome. I am hoping you get out and away from this for good... You don't need him, we all want to be your friend.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
17-10-2014, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2014 11:45 AM by Adrianime.)

Treat him like an ex-boyfriend who slept with your sister while you were dating. No more chances!

In all seriousness though. Forgiveness isn't a bad quality. A bad quality is manipulating and taking advantage of good-natured people. Part of being a skeptic(al person), for me, is evaluating the reasons behind most actions that I see others taking.

More often than not, I find myself thinking, "Why is he/she doing that?" Are they fueled by desire? Pleasure? Compulsion? Illness? Duty? Profit? Power? Of course I'm not pro and I can't evaluate reason all (or maybe even most) of the time. But I can usually at least avoid people who seem like their behavioral tendencies are fueled by reasons that are incompatible with mine.

Maybe that isn't very helpful, I'm just describing how I work a bit. Wicked Clown appears (to me) to be somebody who gets pleasure from tricking others or making others feel uncomfortable, do work, or feel stupid.

This is of course an assumption and could be wrong. But at least using this assumption/impression, I can decide to not take him seriously, and to not consider his words as valid, honest, or relevant.

He behaves how many people behave in online video games, honestly. Most people can contain that type of behavior to video games though...

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post