I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Welcome back firstly.
You haven't been here for a while so allow me to explain the situation since you've left.

Dark Light. Not very active (not as much as he used to be). Only shows up when I say he's not active to prove he is in fact active.

Deep. Not active.

MomSBB. Not very active.

Hughsie. Active but his opinions are fucking stupid. Doesn't believe in trolls and would never ban anyone for anything if he had it his way. Didn't make a very good admin and would be utter trash as one now. Heart

Aurora. Completely inactive and has been for years. Why she's an admin is beyond me and she desperate needs to be replaced. She doesn't do anything and she doesn't even post on the forum. How can she be an admin of a forum she doesn't participate in?

So that's the SM and Admin's. The ones who are suppose to run this place.
As such you can see why there is a serious problem around here. People are either too inactive or too useless (Tim Heart ).
The moderators on the other hand are very good. They're all active, they all have a good sense of how things should be done and they represent the forum as it stands now and not as it stands back in 2010-11. The position should be given on worth, not given on time spent here. Aurora needs to be replaced by DLJ. MomSBB and Hughsie need to swap rolls with Vosur and Dom (sorry MomSBB, it's not personal).
Someone needs to be promoted to fill the moderator roll. Ideally someone not fromm the "skype clique" (hbecause Ferdy and Tartar both already are) and an active vet. A whole bunch of people need to be promoted to vet status. Hobbit, Free Thought, Hafnof, cjlr, Smercury, Full Circle among others. And inactive vets need to be removed as vets, maybe given a special colour like how past admins had the teal.

Of course none of this will happen because a) I suggested it and I don't exactly have a very big fan base in the SM and Admin pool and b) People want to keep certain people around, such as Aurora, because "I've known her from ages ago" and c) People don't want to give up power and d) it would require 10minutes effort which Holy Jesus H Christ heaven forbid! and lastly e) it would require admins to actually be on to do it.

Momsbb is on every day and was the one keeping the shoutbox clown free for the last couple weeks. Other than that you are correct.

Agree with Rev. Moms may not post as much, but she is the silent watcher. She's there Yes and did a fabulous job at whack-a-Matt. Other than that, a decent description.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
14-10-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still
You haven't been here for a while so allow me to explain the situation since you've left.

Dark Light. Not very active (not as much as he used to be). Only shows up when I say he's not active to prove he is in fact active.

Deep. Not active.

MomSBB. Not very active.

Hughsie. Active but his opinions are fucking stupid. Doesn't believe in trolls and would never ban anyone for anything if he had it his way. Didn't make a very good admin and would be utter trash as one now. Heart

Aurora. Completely inactive and has been for years. Why she's an admin is beyond me and she desperate needs to be replaced. She doesn't do anything and she doesn't even post on the forum. How can she be an admin of a forum she doesn't participate in?

As such you can see why there is a serious problem around here. People are either too inactive or too useless (Tim Heart ).
The moderators on the other hand are very good. They're all active, they all have a good sense of how things should be done and they represent the forum as it stands now and not as it stands back in 2010-11. The position should be given on worth, not given on time spent here. Aurora needs to be replaced by DLJ. MomSBB and Hughsie need to swap rolls with Vosur and Dom (sorry MomSBB, it's not personal).
Someone needs to be promoted to fill the moderator roll. Ideally someone not fromm the "skype clique" (hbecause Ferdy and Tartar both already are) and an active vet. A whole bunch of people need to be promoted to vet status. Hobbit, Free Thought, Hafnof, cjlr, Smercury, Full Circle among others. And inactive vets need to be removed as vets, maybe given a special colour like how past admins had the teal.

Of course none of this will happen because a) I suggested it and I don't exactly have a very big fan base in the SM and Admin pool and b) People want to keep certain people around, such as Aurora, because "I've known her from ages ago" and c) People don't want to give up power and d) it would require 10minutes effort which Holy Jesus H Christ heaven forbid! and lastly e) it would require admins to actually be on to do it.

I guess it's finally time to share my little secret that I alluded to a while back;

I advocated banning WC quite some time before he was banned.

So lol at the whole "Hughsie never wants to ban people" thing. I guess you're not as well informed as you think you are muffs. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
14-10-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 05:59 PM by Mathilda.)
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
I have had experience running other forums. My general rule was to do the minimum possible at every step. That way you can always explain yourself and no one can argue that you were power mad. It means that you often have to go through the process of giving warnings and temporary bans knowing full well that a troll was eventually going to up the ante but you still had to do it.

But at the end of the day you also need to demonstrate that you are ready to exercise your authority otherwise all the warnings and temporary bans mean nothing. Because sometimes trolls will see the small steps as as a sign of weakness or they cannot help themselves. You tell them not to do something and they do it anyway. That's when you have to make an example out of them.

As long as the rules are both explicit and consistently reinforced then it's not a problem.

People need to feel that they are able to freely discuss things on a forum otherwise they leave, a clique remains, new members are excluded and the forum dies. It's very easy to fall into the trap as admin to kick people and then get accused that it was because the troll disagreed with you. So maintaining the illusion of free-speech is very important. But if people do not feel safe then that will also discourage them from speaking freely.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
14-10-2014, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 06:00 PM by TheGulegon.)
(14-10-2014 05:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Deep. Not active.

MomSBB. Not very active.

I guess it's finally time to share my little secret that I alluded to a while back;

So lol at the whole "Hughsie never wants to ban people" thing. I guess you're not as well informed as you think you are muffs. Smile

Just because a fella can't spell "then" right... ever..., doesn't mean he can't make a good point from time to time Laugh out load
I kid Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-10-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 06:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-10-2014 05:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given the way this forum is set up we need to have Admins that are here more often than not, if nether of them are able to fulfill that then maybe they should move aside for someone who can.

Get rid of the stupid Lord of the Flies rules (not Stark's), give all the mods the banhammer in addition to the admins to wield at their discretion, and if they fuck up take the banhammer away and reinstate the member. This shit doesn't need to be that complicated.

#sigh
[+] 12 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-10-2014, 05:58 PM
(14-10-2014 05:46 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't think they'd appreciate my publicly posting their PMs or threads from the ftm subforum so I think I'll just keep talking and hope enough people join me to convince them to speak publicly about it.

Well I can't talk for them but I can say that, if I were still Admin, I'd far prefer that. These public threads about such stuff are never productive. Skype is the best way, and failing that a 1 to 1 convo is best. I mean, just read this thread and imagine you're Admin. Given some people's comments, would you feel you were stepping into a calm arena to discuss things, or would you feel like you were stepping into a lion's den? Add to that that even if you and an Admin try to have a reasonable conversation here, you'll most likely both be drowned out by people flinging shit.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

They brought this on themselves by completely failing as admins. They should both retire. DLJ, Momsie, and Vosur should be made admins. No offense bc ILY but I agree with muffsie about you. Dom and tarty (or 2 people who are active on skype should be super mods)

They don't have to respond here if they can't face a forum of people who are mad and upset because we deserved better they can always create a closed thread with their apologies and resignations. That would be fine with me.

Eta my opinion about you as supermod has more to do with the fact that you go about saying things so wrong that it makes people want to rage quit the forum altogether.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
14-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Firstly thank you, beginning to question why I'm back.

Muffs the more i've found out what's gone on the more I agree with what you just said. A regime change is definitely in order. The FT needs a massive overhaul something that is long over due for a couple of years now. Mods have been removed for being inactive in the past I don't see why the admin should be any different. (nothing personal FT I like you guys but things clearly went to far and you guys stood back and did fuck all, and that is just appalling)

No one is asking anyone to swing the ban hammer as wildly as the do over at AF.org, but some people really need to be removed, this stalker was very clearly one of the ones that there should have been no question about his removal, but it didn't happen when it should have.
This whole thing is extremely disturbing, to the point I am actually feeling ashamed by what has gone on in my absence. This forum has fallen far in a way it never should have gone.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 8 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-10-2014, 06:00 PM
(14-10-2014 05:58 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  They brought this on themselves by completely failing as admins. They should both retire. DLJ, Momsie, and Vosur should be made admins. No offense bc ILY but I agree with muffsie about you. Dom and tarty (or 2 people who are active on skype should be super mods)

They don't have to respond here if they can't face a forum of people who are mad and upset because we deserved better they can always create a closed thread with their apologies and resignations. That would be fine with me.

Well, I'd have to say I disagree you, pretty much entirely. But it's ok that we don't agree, that's just life.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
14-10-2014, 06:00 PM
(14-10-2014 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Deep. Not active.

MomSBB. Not very active.

Momsbb is on every day and was the one keeping the shoutbox clown free for the last couple weeks. Other than that you are correct.

Actually now that you mention it, it was Mom that I saw the most 'controlling' the situation. I take back my comments, sorry MomSBB. Memory lapse.
In that case, in my model I would keep Dom as moderator and swap DL and MomSBB around.

Quote:See, I knew you still loved me, muffs Girl_nails Heart Tongue

Lies!

Quote:I guess it's finally time to share my little secret that I alluded to a while back;

You'll have to forgive me if I claim the moon is white and then one night it comes around and it's blue.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-10-2014, 06:03 PM
This is not a Skype forum.

Skype is a tool that can be used for verbal contact outside of the main forum and is probably handy for a forum team to all get together and talk.

But trying to get people to hide what they think from the general forum is not going to fix things. There is already too much secrecy and cloak and dagger shit going on with this forum.

If you don't have the guts to say what you have to say here then you don't need to say it as part of forum business.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post