I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(08-11-2014 05:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 04:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Not sure I'd be all that good with banning non-malicious stupid people because trolls are stupid people as well...

Besides, it'd be dull if we didn't have trolls or dumb every once in a while.

I mean anyone dumb enough to get mistaken for a troll is no real loss.

Point taken.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(08-11-2014 10:52 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 06:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  Pointless waste of time. Obvious trolls are obvious.

Not necessarily. It may increase the likelihood of a mod actually using this rather than a ban (it sounded like this was a main issue, correct me if I'm wrong). In which case the person in question is quite literally put on hold and cannot access any other part of the forum (including pms and profile pages) other than that one thread/section. So the person is basically banned, but it gives the mods all the time in the world to discuss a ban in order to save people (like Res Republica).

The way I see it, both parties get their way; members would now be more safe while mods can thoroughly talk through a ban (although in some cases is not needed, I realize this, but at least there is something being done and we all still have our freedom of speech and not just an illusion as was mentioned earlier in the thread, and we don't need to change everything about the forum).

It's a pointless step. There are already ways to limit posting short of a ban.

If the FT hasn't got the cojones to wield the ban hammer, get someone who does.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-11-2014, 07:30 PM
(08-11-2014 04:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 06:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  Pointless waste of time. Obvious trolls are obvious.

What if a person was just extremely stupid and/or ignorant, but not malicious and therefore only seeming to be a troll?

Trolling is identified by behavior, not motivation. There is no cure for stupid.

08-11-2014, 07:42 PM
(08-11-2014 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  If the FT hasn't got the cojones to wield the ban hammer, get someone who does.
"The Forum Team" isn't in charge of swinging the ban hammer - Stark alone is.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
08-11-2014, 08:23 PM
And who is it that you think should be banned now Chas? I'm losing track.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Popcorn

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
08-11-2014, 09:57 PM
(08-11-2014 08:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  And who is it that you think should be banned now Chas? I'm losing track.

Canadians.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM
(08-11-2014 09:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 08:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  And who is it that you think should be banned now Chas? I'm losing track.

Canadians.

Drinking Beverage

Watch out! Might have to settle this one on the rink.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
08-11-2014, 10:03 PM
(08-11-2014 10:01 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 09:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Canadians.

Drinking Beverage

Watch out! Might have to settle this one on the rink.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-11-2014, 07:07 AM
(08-11-2014 09:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Canadians.

Drinking Beverage

Stark is Canadian. Consider