I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 05:58 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:46 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well I can't talk for them but I can say that, if I were still Admin, I'd far prefer that. These public threads about such stuff are never productive. Skype is the best way, and failing that a 1 to 1 convo is best. I mean, just read this thread and imagine you're Admin. Given some people's comments, would you feel you were stepping into a calm arena to discuss things, or would you feel like you were stepping into a lion's den? Add to that that even if you and an Admin try to have a reasonable conversation here, you'll most likely both be drowned out by people flinging shit.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

They brought this on themselves by completely failing as admins. They should both retire. DLJ, Momsie, and Vosur should be made admins. No offense bc ILY but I agree with muffsie about you. Dom and tarty (or 2 people who are active on skype should be super mods)

They don't have to respond here if they can't face a forum of people who are mad and upset because we deserved better they can always create a closed thread with their apologies and resignations. That would be fine with me.

Eta my opinion about you as supermod has more to do with the fact that you go about saying things so wrong that it makes people want to rage quit the forum altogether.

Gasp Losty may have come out of her shell Big Grin
No more taking it, Girl; tell 'em how it's gonna be!
Hug Hug Hug Hug
[Image: diaryofamadblackwoman.jpg]

I'm kidding, dayum Rolleyes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-10-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 06:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:58 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  They brought this on themselves by completely failing as admins. They should both retire. DLJ, Momsie, and Vosur should be made admins. No offense bc ILY but I agree with muffsie about you. Dom and tarty (or 2 people who are active on skype should be super mods)

They don't have to respond here if they can't face a forum of people who are mad and upset because we deserved better they can always create a closed thread with their apologies and resignations. That would be fine with me.

Eta my opinion about you as supermod has more to do with the fact that you go about saying things so wrong that it makes people want to rage quit the forum altogether.

Gasp Losty may have come out of her shell Big Grin
Hug Hug Hug Hug

I'm tired and my head hurts and the way this was handled is pathetic and disgusting and I think everyone should know. I promise to go back into my shell once something is done about this mess.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 8 users Like Losty's post
14-10-2014, 06:10 PM
(14-10-2014 06:08 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 06:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Gasp Losty may have come out of her shell Big Grin
Hug Hug Hug Hug

I'm tired and my head hurts and the way this was handled is pathetic and disgusting and I think everyone should know. I promise to go back into my shell once something is done about this mess.

What?? No, wait!! That wuzza joke, dear Hug
I like Bossy Losty Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-10-2014, 06:10 PM
(14-10-2014 06:08 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 06:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Gasp Losty may have come out of her shell Big Grin
Hug Hug Hug Hug

I think it is pretty universally acknowledged that the entire situation was fucked up from day one. The only question is, have they learned from their mistakes or is the same situation 1 nutcase away from happening again?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-10-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still
(14-10-2014 06:08 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm tired and my head hurts and the way this was handled is pathetic and disgusting and I think everyone should know. I promise to go back into my shell once something is done about this mess.

Like I said last night, I would happily speak to you (or anyone else within reason) privately about it. I'm probably gonna be Skyping with one of the Admins in the next few days so I can pass on what you say.

My reasons for having no intentions of having anything out on here are (before I get asked);

- Any attempt to truly discuss stuff here will devolve to shit flinging, and we'll both be drowned out.
- Far more misunderstandings occur by text than by voice.
- Things are a lot quicker by voice than by text.
- There are certain people on this forum who will purposely twist and distort anything I say to suit their own private agenda if given the slightest chance. I don't intend to give them ammunition if I can avoid it.

No pressure though, it's totally up to you. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts firsthand though, I've still only heard them from others.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
14-10-2014, 06:17 PM
(14-10-2014 06:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 06:08 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm tired and my head hurts and the way this was handled is pathetic and disgusting and I think everyone should know. I promise to go back into my shell once something is done about this mess.

I think it is pretty universally acknowledged that the entire situation was fucked up from day one. The only question is, have they learned from their mistakes or is the same situation 1 nutcase away from happening again?

There is no evidence that this FT will change their ways. Time for regime change.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-10-2014, 06:19 PM
(14-10-2014 06:08 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I promise to go back into my shell once something is done about this mess.

I know how hard this has been for you, but you are sticking up for yourself and what is right. I've seen glimpses of you coming out your shell and I hope it never goes.Thumbsup

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 7 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-10-2014, 06:22 PM
(14-10-2014 06:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  - Any attempt to truly discuss stuff here will devolve to shit flinging, and we'll both be drowned out.
- There are certain people on this forum who will purposely twist and distort anything I say to suit their own private agenda if given the slightest chance. I don't intend to give them ammunition if I can avoid it.

All very good points however as this is something that will affect the forum as a whole and potentially a much needed overhaul of the ft and the way the forum is run it really is something that belongs out in the open on the boards for all to see and chip in, this is too big an issue to keep all hush hush or sweep under the rug.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 8 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-10-2014, 06:23 PM
(14-10-2014 06:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Like I said last night, I would happily speak to you (or anyone else within reason) privately about it. I'm probably gonna be Skyping with one of the Admins in the next few days so I can pass on what you say.

My reasons for having no intentions of having anything out on here are (before I get asked);

- Any attempt to truly discuss stuff here will devolve to shit flinging, and we'll both be drowned out.

No pressure though, it's totally up to you. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts firsthand though, I've still only heard them from others.

I am in a call right now that I can't (nor do I wish to) leave but I'm certainly willing to talk to you about it. Besides from tarty the most useful thing I've heard from the ft about this is "you just don't understand"

I don't mind talking anyone privately but I'm not keeping anything secret and I'm not going to stop saying how I feel in this thread.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
14-10-2014, 06:24 PM
(14-10-2014 06:22 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  All very good points however as this is something that will affect the forum as a whole and potentially a much needed overhaul of the ft and the way the forum is run it really is something that belongs out in the open on the boards for all to see and chip in, this is too big an issue to keep all hush hush or sweep under the rug.

I have no problem with any potential person reporting back as to what I've said, I don't expect them to keep it all a secret. I would just prefer an atmosphere that is remotely conducive to a reasonable conversation.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post