I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
Fix it now, or wait until it gets even worse then attempt to fix it.
Or, wait until it gets so fucked up that Seth decides it's not worth the hassle and shuts the whole thing down.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
(14-10-2014 06:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am in a call right now that I can't (nor do I wish to) leave but I'm certainly willing to talk to you about it. Besides from tarty the most useful thing I've heard from the ft about this is "you just don't understand"

I don't mind talking anyone privately but I'm not keeping anything secret and I'm not going to stop saying how I feel in this thread.

That's fair. Let me know when you are free if you wish to talk and, if I can get on Skype, then I will.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
14-10-2014, 06:25 PM
(14-10-2014 06:19 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 06:08 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I promise to go back into my shell once something is done about this mess.

I know how hard this has been for you, but you are sticking up for yourself and what is right. I've seen glimpses of you coming out your shell and I hope it never goes.Thumbsup

Blush as I always say, you're too sweet.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
14-10-2014, 06:26 PM
(14-10-2014 06:25 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Blush as I always say, you're too sweet.

It's the Scottish diet Dodgy

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
14-10-2014, 06:31 PM
(14-10-2014 06:24 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I have no problem with any potential person reporting back as to what I've said, I don't expect them to keep it all a secret. I would just prefer an atmosphere that is remotely conducive to a reasonable conversation.

I get that but only a handful of people can do that at time and as this is about the forum as a whole, discussion in small groups at a time is counter productive.

(14-10-2014 06:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  Fix it now, or wait until it gets even worse then attempt to fix it.
That was the way things have been done in the past and it has clearly gotten much worse. We always had cunts come here but this shit was on a whole other level of fucked up.

(14-10-2014 06:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  Or, wait until it gets so fucked up that Seth decides it's not worth the hassle and shuts the whole thing down.
If this was a small glimpse of what's to come I can honestly see that happening, and who can blame him if he did.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-10-2014, 06:40 PM
I am only slightly appalled that the admins have said nothing still, I'm done waiting
I guess I fail to see the reason why a permaban is only left to the admins.

What I'd like to see:
Moderator can enforce a ban
Supermod can enforce a ban AND unban - has to give public justification for unbanning someone
Admin has final decision if the person is controversial and people are claiming someone should/should not be reinstated - has to give public justification if they unban someone

Is it because there is a fear of banning someone like Res Republica? He's controversial, sure, but he makes for interesting dialogue. He allows for contributions from a completely different viewpoint. I haven't seen anyone call for a ban of someone like this, and I think people would speak up if they disagree with a ban of a controversial member. Then again, what do I know, I'm not a vet.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 10 users Like Nurse's post
14-10-2014, 06:43 PM
(14-10-2014 06:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I guess I fail to see the reason why a permaban is only left to the admins.

What I'd like to see:
Moderator can enforce a ban - has to give public justification for banning someone
Supermod can enforce a ban AND unban - has to give public justification for unbanning someone
Admin has final decision if the person is controversial and people are claiming someone should/should not be reinstated - has to give public justification if they unban someone

Fix't it for you. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-10-2014, 06:43 PM
We'll I'm exhausted from all this drama. Rest assured I will be back tomorrow and again and again until I feel like something has changed.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
14-10-2014, 06:44 PM
(14-10-2014 05:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:12 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Stalking and harassment is not free speech in anyway, and there used to be a rule about harassment, why was it not enforced?.

So revealing Girly's name is a ban? but stalking isn't?....What???

Welcome back firstly.
You haven't been here for a while so allow me to explain the situation since you've left.

Dark Light. Not very active (not as much as he used to be). Only shows up when I say he's not active to prove he is in fact active.

Deep. Not active.

MomSBB. Not very active.

Hughsie. Active but his opinions are fucking stupid. Doesn't believe in trolls and would never ban anyone for anything if he had it his way. Didn't make a very good admin and would be utter trash as one now. Heart

Aurora. Completely inactive and has been for years. Why she's an admin is beyond me and she desperate needs to be replaced. She doesn't do anything and she doesn't even post on the forum. How can she be an admin of a forum she doesn't participate in?

So that's the SM and Admin's. The ones who are suppose to run this place.
As such you can see why there is a serious problem around here. People are either too inactive or too useless (Tim Heart ).
The moderators on the other hand are very good. They're all active, they all have a good sense of how things should be done and they represent the forum as it stands now and not as it stands back in 2010-11. The position should be given on worth, not given on time spent here. Aurora needs to be replaced by DLJ. MomSBB and Hughsie need to swap rolls with Vosur and Dom (sorry MomSBB, it's not personal).
Someone needs to be promoted to fill the moderator roll. Ideally someone not fromm the "skype clique" (hbecause Ferdy and Tartar both already are) and an active vet. A whole bunch of people need to be promoted to vet status. Hobbit, Free Thought, Hafnof, cjlr, Smercury, Full Circle among others. And inactive vets need to be removed as vets, maybe given a special colour like how past admins had the teal.

Of course none of this will happen because a) I suggested it and I don't exactly have a very big fan base in the SM and Admin pool and b) People want to keep certain people around, such as Aurora, because "I've known her from ages ago" and c) People don't want to give up power and d) it would require 10minutes effort which Holy Jesus H Christ heaven forbid! and lastly e) it would require admins to actually be on to do it.

I'm flattered, Muffs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-10-2014, 06:44 PM
(14-10-2014 06:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 06:25 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Blush as I always say, you're too sweet.

It's the Scottish diet Dodgy

Oats and haggis soaked in Scotch?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post