I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2012, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 04:38 PM by apostasin.)
Video I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.
Hey everyone,

Apologies for not contributing here as much as I should have. I have been heavily active on the Ex-Muslim subreddit /r/exmuslim, where I have been giving advice and moral support to those who are leading a post-Islamic life.

I am currently in the throes of campaigning for a documentary film that will show the world the plight of these apostates, and the life-threatening consequences they face if they publicly revealed their apostasy.

As a formerly devout Muslim myself who is now stridently atheist, I will be putting myself directly in danger of losing my life if my cover was blown.

You will find more information about the film's goals and message here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/guiltismygod?a=1633024

There are a lot of highly intelligent members here, and I would love to hear your thoughts on this project.

Thanks, guys.

Wish me luck!

EDIT:

For your convenience, I wlll save you the trouble of opening up a new tab or window by posting the film's Indiegogo pitch here:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like apostasin's post
18-10-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.
(18-10-2012 02:20 PM)apostasin Wrote:  Hey everyone,

Apologies for not contributing here as much as I should have. I have been heavily active on the Ex-Muslim subreddit /r/exmuslim, where I have been giving advice and moral support to those who are leading a post-Islamic life.

I am currently in the throes of campaigning for a documentary film that will show the world the plight of these apostates, and the life-threatening consequences they face if they publicly revealed their apostasy.

As a formerly devout Muslim myself who is now stridently atheist, I will be putting myself directly in danger of losing my life if my cover was blown.

You will find more information about the film's goals and message here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/guiltismygod?a=1633024

There are a lot of highly intelligent members here, and I would love to hear your thoughts on this project.

Thanks, guys.

Wish me luck!

Good luck. Someone's got to do it.
If they want to learn about their moon god, send them here : Tongue
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ns?page=25

Someone asked Dr. Ehrman why he didn't want to write a book on Islam. He said he valued his life. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-10-2012, 03:28 PM
(18-10-2012 02:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Someone asked Dr. Ehrman why he didn't want to write a book on Islam. He said he valued his life. Weeping
I think he was making a joke. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
18-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Re: I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.
Check out a book called "how to disappear". It has legal info on how to conduct bid'ness anon and how to shield yourself from trackers.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
18-10-2012, 04:35 PM
(18-10-2012 03:55 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Check out a book called "how to disappear". It has legal info on how to conduct bid'ness anon and how to shield yourself from trackers.

That is an excellent recommendation, thank you!
18-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Good luck apostasin. I like your video. Are you going to add a little history to it, for example discussing how Mohammed probably never existed? That may expand the appeal and the audience.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
18-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Wow! You must have two sets! Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
18-10-2012, 07:02 PM
That's a well-made video, by the way. Good job. Smile

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
19-10-2012, 04:53 PM
(18-10-2012 03:55 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Check out a book called "how to disappear". It has legal info on how to conduct bid'ness anon and how to shield yourself from trackers.
Agreed. I think it's a great thing to be making a doc about, but definitely be careful and think of your safety!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I can't help but think you are hyping this up for fame and glory.
"Life threatening!"
"if my cover is blown"

What are you, some sort of black opps operative on some super secret mission to acquire Russian nuclear launch codes in order to launch Russian nukes at China?
I mean comon, if you really wanted to pick up chicks just use a ruffy like everybody else.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post