I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2012, 09:19 PM
RE: I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.
(19-10-2012 06:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can't help but think you are hyping this up for fame and glory.
"Life threatening!"
"if my cover is blown"

What are you, some sort of black opps operative on some super secret mission to acquire Russian nuclear launch codes in order to launch Russian nukes at China?
I mean comon, if you really wanted to pick up chicks just use a ruffy like everybody else.
Doesn't every filmmaker do that exact same thing though? If it's a controversial topic, then a bit of notoriety does good things for publicity and possibly the success of the project. Doesn't necessarily mean it's unjustified; people do get death threats for this sort of thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 03:11 PM
(19-10-2012 06:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can't help but think you are hyping this up for fame and glory.

That is the most HILARIOUS critique against this video I've heard so far!

Alright, I'll take you on:

1- I come from a country where the penalty for declaring your apostasy is death by decaptiation. No question, no buts, no joke. They are very swift about it, too. I've seen an atheist, homosexual friend of mine have his head lobbed off by wahabbists, his head rolling down the asphalt like a stray soccer ball. Ironically, they had no idea that we was gay, which might have carried a far lighter sentence in the form of 1,000 whip lashes to his bare back.

2- Let's do some math:

Assume we take the most conservative estimate of the world's Muslim population: 1.6 billion people. Let's say that there's only 0.0001% of that figure that really DO take the death penalty seriously. That STILL leaves us with 160,000 people. That's a village of people all conspiring to stop me dead in my tracks to stop this movie from happening. I think that should be enough to keep anyone up at night.

Lastly, I'm pretty dumbfounded when I hear people asking: "Where are the Muslim retractors? Why aren't they speaking out against the people who are burning and plundering over a silly film about their prophet? Don't they have the guts? Don't they value their freedoms? Are they complete, nutless complacent sheeple who have been reduced to opinionless bystanders!?"

Then, when an apostate DOES comes out and tries to speak out - risking their lives in the process - they're just self-serving fame-seekers who are in it for the glory.

Simply remarkable. I expected death threats, but never did I expect someone to accuse me of seeking attention...I think there are far easier, far less laborious and life-threatening means of achieving that.

I really do want to thank you for that comment...it's doubters like you that keep my blood thin Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like apostasin's post
20-10-2012, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 03:19 PM by Vosur.)
(20-10-2012 03:11 PM)apostasin Wrote:  

'muffs can be a butt sometimes, you'll get used to it. Sleepy I'm sorry to hear that your friend has been executed for leaving his religion. I encourage you to continue working on your project.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I really wish you the best, bro.

Hope to see it when you are done.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
20-10-2012, 03:32 PM
(20-10-2012 03:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  'muffs can be a butt sometimes, you'll get used to it. Sleepy I'm sorry to hear that your friend has been executed for leaving his religion. I encourage you to continue working on your project.

It's alright..as horrible as it sounds, a blood-thirsty, Roman-colosseumesque culture of death has been cultivated in that part of the world where decapitating apostates, adulterers and drug-traffickers has become something of a spectator sport.

Thankfully, I never got used to it. My friend's ordeal put a permanent impression on me, and has politicized me at a very young age.

Thank you so much for the kind words, they mean quite a bit.
20-10-2012, 04:06 PM
(20-10-2012 03:32 PM)apostasin Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 03:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  'muffs can be a butt sometimes, you'll get used to it. Sleepy I'm sorry to hear that your friend has been executed for leaving his religion. I encourage you to continue working on your project.

It's alright..as horrible as it sounds, a blood-thirsty, Roman-colosseumesque culture of death has been cultivated in that part of the world where decapitating apostates, adulterers and drug-traffickers has become something of a spectator sport.

Thankfully, I never got used to it. My friend's ordeal put a permanent impression on me, and has politicized me at a very young age.

Thank you so much for the kind words, they mean quite a bit.

I can only imagine the shock of seeing your friend beheaded. A barbaric and evil act. Please be careful.
20-10-2012, 04:22 PM
(18-10-2012 04:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Good luck apostasin. I like your video. Are you going to add a little history to it, for example discussing how Mohammed probably never existed? That may expand the appeal and the audience.

Hey Mark,

I will absolutely add some history, particularly when it comes to the treatment of apostates.

Discussing whether Mohammad existed in the first place might open the doors to being construed as anti-Islamic, which is definitely not what this film will be about.

The film is first and foremost about the plight of the apostate, and the daily, life-threatening struggles they face as a former Muslim.

There will be a discussion of Islam and its place in modern society, and where it's headed in the near future. That discussion will be as fair and objective as possible, being conscious of not turning it into another anti-Islamic rant.

I hope that answers your question!
20-10-2012, 08:45 PM
(20-10-2012 03:11 PM)apostasin Wrote:  

Alright, I'll take you on:

1- I come from a country where the penalty for declaring your apostasy is death by decaptiation. No question, no buts, no joke. They are very swift about it, too. I've seen an atheist, homosexual friend of mine have his head lobbed off by wahabbists, his head rolling down the asphalt like a stray soccer ball. Ironically, they had no idea that we was gay, which might have carried a far lighter sentence in the form of 1,000 whip lashes to his bare back.

2- Let's do some math:

Assume we take the most conservative estimate of the world's Muslim population: 1.6 billion people. Let's say that there's only 0.0001% of that figure that really DO take the death penalty seriously. That STILL leaves us with 160,000 people. That's a village of people all conspiring to stop me dead in my tracks to stop this movie from happening. I think that should be enough to keep anyone up at night.

Lastly, I'm pretty dumbfounded when I hear people asking: "Where are the Muslim retractors? Why aren't they speaking out against the people who are burning and plundering over a silly film about their prophet? Don't they have the guts? Don't they value their freedoms? Are they complete, nutless complacent sheeple who have been reduced to opinionless bystanders!?"

Then, when an apostate DOES comes out and tries to speak out - risking their lives in the process - they're just self-serving fame-seekers who are in it for the glory.

Simply remarkable. I expected death threats, but never did I expect someone to accuse me of seeking attention...I think there are far easier, far less laborious and life-threatening means of achieving that.

I really do want to thank you for that comment...it's doubters like you that keep my blood thin Smile

Son, someone who is passionate about and truly wants this all to come across because they think it's for the greater good etc.. doesn't focus heavily on how it's "life threatening" and "160,000 people want to kill me".
People who want to look like action heroes say that sort of thing. Not people who truly are in it for change.

I don't need a link to the films goals and message.
I want you to talk less about how it's life threatening and more about the goals and message of the film. If you were truly in for those goals and messages then that is what you would be posting about, not about how you're going to be killed for doing it.

Less attention seeking (because that's what it is) and more goals and messages.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-10-2012, 09:13 PM
(20-10-2012 08:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, someone who is passionate about and truly wants this all to come across because they think it's for the greater good etc.. doesn't focus heavily on how it's "life threatening" and "160,000 people want to kill me".
Exactly, that's why he doesn't do it. Calm down for a bit and watch the video again. He does not focus heavily on it at all. Like, you're not even close, 'muffs.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-10-2012, 09:19 PM
(20-10-2012 04:22 PM)apostasin Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 04:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Good luck apostasin. I like your video. Are you going to add a little history to it, for example discussing how Mohammed probably never existed? That may expand the appeal and the audience.

Hey Mark,

I will absolutely add some history, particularly when it comes to the treatment of apostates.

Discussing whether Mohammad existed in the first place might open the doors to being construed as anti-Islamic, which is definitely not what this film will be about.

The film is first and foremost about the plight of the apostate, and the daily, life-threatening struggles they face as a former Muslim.

There will be a discussion of Islam and its place in modern society, and where it's headed in the near future. That discussion will be as fair and objective as possible, being conscious of not turning it into another anti-Islamic rant.

I hope that answers your question!

Ok. I hear you. I appreciate that one documentary can't hope to do justice to all the issues. I think your cause is admirable and you are very brave. I'm sure there are literally millions of people like you, abhorred by the violence, yet too afraid to speak out.

Let me share something with you as I sit in my safe, comfortable chair in Australia. I would love to see a young, charismatic ex Muslim debunk the entire basis of Islam. Hit it right at its core...expose it for the nonsense it is. I would love intelligent Islamic kids and young people to see it. I would love you to be "anti Islamic." The truth is never a "rant." Maybe your next project?

Please keep posting and telling us how it is going.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user