I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:40 PM by earmuffs.)
RE: I am risking my life by making a film about people who left Islam.
(20-10-2012 09:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 08:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, someone who is passionate about and truly wants this all to come across because they think it's for the greater good etc.. doesn't focus heavily on how it's "life threatening" and "160,000 people want to kill me".
Exactly, that's why he doesn't do it. Calm down for a bit and watch the video again. He does not focus heavily on it at all. Like, you're not even close, 'muffs.

There is like 3 or 4 sentences in his OP. 2 of which say how his life is in danger.
None of which explain the goals and messages, none of which explain why, how etc... etc...

It's attention seeking.
Did I also mention that when you go to his website all down the side is $$$$
So now it's gone past attention seeking to advertising.

Having a small "donate" thing in the corner is one thing but when you do what he's done well...

I think I'll go a step further and call BS on the whole thing. I know a money gathering exercise when I see one. And what better way to earn some easy money then playing to people's fears of Muslims, and further, what better way to get some pitty money then be a the poor ex-muslim trying to make his way in the world but can't because of past people wanting to kill him. Every good action movie story.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 10:10 PM
(20-10-2012 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  There is like 3 or 4 sentences in his OP. 2 of which say how his life is in danger.
None of which explain the goals and messages, none of which explain why, how etc... etc...
Duh. That's why he posted a video in which he elaborates on his plan.

(20-10-2012 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's attention seeking.
Did I also mention that when you go to his website all down the side is $$$$

Having a small "donate" thing in the corner is one thing but when you do what he's done well...

I think I'll go a step further and call BS on the whole thing. I know a money gathering exercise when I see one. And what better way to earn some easy money then playing to people's fears of Muslims, and further, what better way to get some pitty money then be a the poor ex-muslim trying to make his way in the world but can't because of past people wanting to kill him. Every good action movie story.
I have no problem with you believing that. Sleepy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
20-10-2012, 10:35 PM
(20-10-2012 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I'll go a step further and call BS on the whole thing.

I'm not sure if you read the page or only watched the video, but I'll just quote myself straight from the page:

"What will happen if you don't receive all your funds?

I will still do whatever it takes to make this movie, even if I'm armed with nothing but the camera and microphone on my cellphone, and even if I don't raise as much as a nickle. However, it will just take much longer, with an estimated release date of 2015."

"If the page has raised awareness about the issue but hasn't raised anything near its funding goals, then I will still have achieved something worthwhile."

I hope that clears up your misconception. If not, then I'm probably not going to be able to convince you if you already have your own view about this.

You seemed to be offering some advice about discussing the issue more. I'll thank you for that and will welcome any more advice if you have any.
20-10-2012, 11:10 PM
I think what we ought to do is watch fellows like you get killed in the line of truth. I mean, quite possibly it would wind down to not only the Muslims and the Christians killing their stupid ass selves until all of them are fucking dead, which would be awsome, wouldn't it? I mean, hell, strap a bomb to your idiot ass and blow up as many of them as you can. That is what we are striving for!

Hero! You are a Hero! And then of course, the American and British governments have to go as well, I mean, yeah, they stage all sorts of phony conflicts between the two but some whore is paying them mother fuckers off too. They got to go as well.

Then again dumbass cocksuckers like you only confligratate the blagh blagh,

Kill em all.

And then, blame it on God. Of your choice. As long as your stupid ass is blown up with the lot of your thinking.

That is a good thing.

Sorry. Stupid. Ass. Blown up.

[Image: logo2.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2012, 11:15 PM
(20-10-2012 11:10 PM)The Theist Wrote:  I think what we ought to do is watch fellows like you get killed in the line of truth. I mean, quite possibly it would wind down to not only the Muslims and the Christians killing their stupid ass selves until all of them are fucking dead, which would be awsome, wouldn't it? I mean, hell, strap a bomb to your idiot ass and blow up as many of them as you can. That is what we are striving for!

Hero! You are a Hero! And then of course, the American and British governments have to go as well, I mean, yeah, they stage all sorts of phony conflicts between the two but some whore is paying them mother fuckers off too. They got to go as well.

Then again dumbass cocksuckers like you only confligratate the blagh blagh,

Kill em all.

And then, blame it on God. Of your choice. As long as your stupid ass is blown up with the lot of your thinking.

That is a good thing.

Sorry. Stupid. Ass. Blown up.

What...

What just happened?
[+] 2 users Like apostasin's post
20-10-2012, 11:20 PM
(20-10-2012 09:19 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I would love you to be "anti Islamic." The truth is never a "rant." Maybe your next project?

Please keep posting and telling us how it is going.

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement.

There *will* be arguments leveled against Islam, but they will be very methodical, calculated and subtle, using as much logic and reason to expose its foundation of falsities and half-truths, rather than the outright relentless bludgeoning that the current "pop-atheists" seem to employ.

I really want this to be more of an intellectual exercise and an authentic, unfiltered look at the lives of those who have renounced Islam after embracing it for so long.

That will be the main focus, but it will most definitely be used as a platform towards posing some of the "tough" questions against the Islamic establishment.
20-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Doesn't really paint theism in a good light when they come into threads calling people "dumbass cocksuckers."

I agree that the wording, focusing on danger, did come across as attention-seeking, but again, I still don't think that means it's unjustified. Still, you'd get less reactions like that if the post had said, "I am making a film focusing on..." and then just listing the reasons and mentioning that people get killed/get their asses kicked/get threatened for this sort of thing.

Quote:Did I also mention that when you go to his website all down the side is $$$$
Son, I take it you've never made a film. I went to film school for a while, and I can tell you that it costs money. Filmmakers asking for money is not a new thing, and this person did not invent that practice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
21-10-2012, 12:15 AM
(20-10-2012 11:15 PM)apostasin Wrote:  What...

What just happened?

Troll. Pay no mind.
21-10-2012, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 08:54 AM by Janus.)
I think it's a GREAT idea to make a film about Muhammad's BS existence. It should be about hard, undeniable facts. And if it is titled "Didn't Muhammad exist either?" you would be killing two birds with one stone, more than double your target audience, and really be of assistance to the case of atheists everywhere and of all ex-creeds! Not just ex-Muslims. Ex-Xtians and ex-Jews also get killed by their crazy, fundamentalist brethren. There's nothing special about ex-Muslims in that regard.

Many of my ancestors, 350 years ago, were under immediate threat of being burned alive at the stake for their 'heresy' towards the RC church. They were protestants, 'Huguenots'. Hounded down by the inquisition. Some were actually tortured and decapitated for it. So all the rest of them fled the country that would kill them.
And here I am...

Another piece of information: 90% of Muslims in Wahabi, Salafist, Sunni, and Shiite countries go to Friday prayer because of peer pressure. They have to. Or else the minimum social punishment is ostracism (the max. is decapitation; like in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Yemen, Somalia, Niger). In non-Muslim countries 80% of Muslims* DON'T go to Friday prayers. Because there is so much less social control = peer pressure. They don't have to anymore. It's not dangerous to show that you're different, an individual.

*about 40 million non-western Muslims in the European Union