I am so disappointed in myself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: I am so disappointed in myself
You are so right!
He was asking me what should he do now that his lies have been revealed. And next thing you know, his dishonesty was my fault.
Here comes the list of reasons:
... this one time, way before we started talking I was rude to him.
This one another time he asked me to do something and I didn't do it.
And this other time my male friend said in a text group conversation: "I love you all"
And this other time I said that smoking pot shouldn't be illegal...
All mortal sins and he decided that deception is what I deserve.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Part of why you might have believed him at times is because he claims to be religious. Religious people can be narcissists. We want to believe that a religious person will have ethics and morals but as you can see, they often don't. Narcissists often use religion as a tool to manipulate. Look at the priest scandal or pastors who are always in some tawdry sex scandal.

I'm just guessing but that could be why you wanted to trust him.

Be true to yourself. Heart
10-09-2014, 12:44 AM
You missed it because you're a fallible human being with the desire to put trust in another person who claims to love you. Justifiably so. Don't we all just want to love and be loved and for everything to be ok? It's perfectly natural, and perfectly understandable.

What matters is that you take something valuable away from this. My signature says it all. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
10-09-2014, 07:04 PM
(07-09-2014 10:27 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  I caught him cheating on me and that was finally my big reg flag.

Wait, I'm confused. Is sexual fidelity not valued by Mormons? This, this is why I'm an amoral atheist. None of these fuckers practice what they preach. I'm the fucking Christian in the room and these fucks pretending to be Christian are either goddam fucking liars and hypocrites or fucking uninformed fools who got no fucking clue what it means to be Christian.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus