I am totally shocked....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: I am totally shocked....
(22-05-2013 01:07 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 11:29 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  Remember Terry Jones and his Koran burning?

I rest my case.

Who is Terry Jones, is that that guy that got kicked out of Germany trying to assume a fake identity? (why would someone go to another country to get a fake identity in the first place, surely not to feed the homeless) Or is it that simple redneck country preacher idiot?

Drinking Beverage

And what is this relevance to Bin Laden besides the fact they both like to rile up crazy muslims?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2013, 05:53 PM
You totally just proved my point. You're into violence as a result from Ladin's demise photos being released but call a preacher who burns Korans to spark violence overseas an idiot. Again, I rest my case.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
23-05-2013, 10:28 AM
(22-05-2013 05:53 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  You totally just proved my point. You're into violence as a result from Ladin's demise photos being released but call a preacher who burns Korans to spark violence overseas an idiot. Again, I rest my case.

What the fuck? how am I for violence just because I know that bin laden was highly unlikely to be on the run and have a fucked up kidney?

I wasn't referring to that preacher guy, I was referring to Terry Jones, the guy who went to germany to go sheep dipping (CIA term), then tried to assume a fake personality. Which Terry Jones are you talking about?
23-05-2013, 01:21 PM
(22-05-2013 06:54 AM)I and I Wrote:  Rolleyes
U.S. courts have ruled against releasing of photos of dead Osama Bin Laden. What was their reasoning for not having them released?

Before I continue I would like to take a break and remind people that we live in an extremely violent culture and here in the U.S. we loves our violence in games and movies and our support for wars of aggression, we cheer when when we hear our government gettin vengeance. The U.S. has also passed laws showing little regard for it's citizens when it comes to constitutional rights. Obama now can legally have a hit list of non americans and americans alike that he deems should be assassinated.

So now that I have reminded people of our love for violence and the U.S. govts disregard for it's citizens, guess what the reason was for the courts not releasing the photos of dead bin laden?

Yep you guessed it, the extremely fucking joke of an excuse....the ruling is that the pictures are too gruesome for the american public to bear....

They could have at least made up a better excuse than that. Damn
http://www.businessinsider.com/pictures-...ret-2013-5
Did you even read the article you posted? Nowhere does it say the reason was because the pictures are too gruesome for the American public to bear. Here's what it does say:

Quote:The court ruled that the risk of violence justifies the decision to classify the images top secret, and that the CIA may withhold the images under an exception to the Freedom of Information Act for documents that are classified.

This is from you:
Quote:Before I continue I would like to take a break and remind people that we live in an extremely violent culture and here in the U.S. we loves our violence in games and movies and our support for wars of aggression, we cheer when when we hear our government gettin vengeance. The U.S. has also passed laws showing little regard for it's citizens when it comes to constitutional rights. Obama now can legally have a hit list of non americans and americans alike that he deems should be assassinated.
Could you try any harder to put things in the worst possible light? That paragraph is a load of BS. Yes, we do like violent movies and violent video games, but we also like many other kinds of movies and video games as well. We don't cheer over vengeance or wars of aggression (except for a few), but over justice. And not all of us (by a long shot) agree with some of the aggression that we have imposed in other countries. What laws have been passed with little regard for its citizens? I don't know enough about the last sentence to comment properly, but I know enough to say it too is stated worse than it is because it's out of context.

Quote:...here in the U.S....
So you live here? Then why are you so anti-American? Why did you LIE about the reason the photos aren't being released? I mean it's obvious given that you posted an article saying nothing in agreement with your claim. I'm guessing the lower case "american" in your post was probably deliberate too (but you'll probably deny it). If you hate the US so much, feel free to move!

I'm certainly not saying the US is perfect. I'm well aware of our shortcomings. But that's no excuse to misrepresent the facts to trash your country's image!

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
23-05-2013, 01:28 PM
(23-05-2013 01:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 06:54 AM)I and I Wrote:  Rolleyes
U.S. courts have ruled against releasing of photos of dead Osama Bin Laden. What was their reasoning for not having them released?

Before I continue I would like to take a break and remind people that we live in an extremely violent culture and here in the U.S. we loves our violence in games and movies and our support for wars of aggression, we cheer when when we hear our government gettin vengeance. The U.S. has also passed laws showing little regard for it's citizens when it comes to constitutional rights. Obama now can legally have a hit list of non americans and americans alike that he deems should be assassinated.

So now that I have reminded people of our love for violence and the U.S. govts disregard for it's citizens, guess what the reason was for the courts not releasing the photos of dead bin laden?

Yep you guessed it, the extremely fucking joke of an excuse....the ruling is that the pictures are too gruesome for the american public to bear....

They could have at least made up a better excuse than that. Damn
http://www.businessinsider.com/pictures-...ret-2013-5
Did you even read the article you posted? Nowhere does it say the reason was because the pictures are too gruesome for the American public to bear. Here's what it does say:

Quote:The court ruled that the risk of violence justifies the decision to classify the images top secret, and that the CIA may withhold the images under an exception to the Freedom of Information Act for documents that are classified.

This is from you:
Quote:Before I continue I would like to take a break and remind people that we live in an extremely violent culture and here in the U.S. we loves our violence in games and movies and our support for wars of aggression, we cheer when when we hear our government gettin vengeance. The U.S. has also passed laws showing little regard for it's citizens when it comes to constitutional rights. Obama now can legally have a hit list of non americans and americans alike that he deems should be assassinated.
Could you try any harder to put things in the worst possible light? That paragraph is a load of BS. Yes, we do like violent movies and violent video games, but we also like many other kinds of movies and video games as well. We don't cheer over vengeance or wars of aggression (except for a few), but over justice. And not all of us (by a long shot) agree with some of the aggression that we have imposed in other countries. What laws have been passed with little regard for its citizens? I don't know enough about the last sentence to comment properly, but I know enough to say it too is stated worse than it is because it's out of context.

Quote:...here in the U.S....
So you live here? Then why are you so anti-American? Why did you LIE about the reason the photos aren't being released? I mean it's obvious given that you posted an article saying nothing in agreement with your claim. I'm guessing the lower case "american" in your post was probably deliberate too (but you'll probably deny it). If you hate the US so much, feel free to move!

I'm certainly not saying the US is perfect. I'm well aware of our shortcomings. But that's no excuse to misrepresent the facts to trash your country's image!

The last sentence that you said you didn't know anything about was referring to the legal assassination program under Obama and Bush. Under Obama, it is now legal for Obama to demand any person citizen or not citizen of the United States to be killed. He has already killed four americans using drones.

And these same people say they won't release the photos because it might cause us harm. Rolleyes
23-05-2013, 03:18 PM
(23-05-2013 01:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 01:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Did you even read the article you posted? Nowhere does it say the reason was because the pictures are too gruesome for the American public to bear. Here's what it does say:

This is from you:

The last sentence that you said you didn't know anything about was referring to the legal assassination program under Obama and Bush. Under Obama, it is now legal for Obama to demand any person citizen or not citizen of the United States to be killed. He has already killed four americans using drones.

And these same people say they won't release the photos because it might cause us harm. Rolleyes
You really need to work on your reading comprehension. How do you get "didn't know anything about" out of "don't know enough about"? Please look up "anything" and "enough" and you'll find they aren't synonyms. Rolleyes

Furthermore, how do you go from discussing assassinations to releasing pictures? Yeah there's a vague connection because the pictures are about an assassination, but that's where the commonality ends. And, if you don't think releasing those pictures could cause harm to US citizens abroad, you know nothing about Islam and terrorism.

Finally, after everything I said in my previous post, this is all you had to say in your defense, huh? Pretty much nothing at all. It figures...

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
23-05-2013, 08:20 PM
(23-05-2013 01:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  So you live here? Then why are you so anti-American?

Don't they say that becoming familiar with the Bible is the best way to turn one against it?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2013, 09:14 PM
I am totally shocked....
(23-05-2013 03:18 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 01:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  The last sentence that you said you didn't know anything about was referring to the legal assassination program under Obama and Bush. Under Obama, it is now legal for Obama to demand any person citizen or not citizen of the United States to be killed. He has already killed four americans using drones.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension. How do you get "didn't know anything about" out of "don't know enough about"? Please look up "anything" and "enough" and you'll find they aren't synonyms. Rolleyes

Furthermore, how do you go from discussing assassinations to releasing pictures? Yeah there's a vague connection because the pictures are about an assassination, but that's where the commonality ends. And, if you don't think releasing those pictures could cause harm to US citizens abroad, you know nothing about Islam and terrorism.

Finally, after everything I said in my previous post, this is all you had to say in your defense, huh? Pretty much nothing at all. It figures...

Contrary to liberal and conservative ideas of "why they hate us" people don't hate the u.s. for our freedoms, and people don't hate the u.s. because we killed bin laden.

1. The sect of Islam that bin laden was in is a very small sect, not liked or recognized by most Muslims as legitimate. It's like someone lumping Mormons with Christians because they inhabit the same area and believe in the same god.

2. The group known as alqaeda that bin laden was a head of is only known in the west as an anti-western organization. Throughout most of the world people see alqaeda as a U.S. creation and tool for destabilizing anti-western governments.

So no, most Muslims wouldn't give two fucks about bin laden corpse photos.
24-05-2013, 04:32 PM
(23-05-2013 08:20 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 01:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  So you live here? Then why are you so anti-American?

Don't they say that becoming familiar with the Bible is the best way to turn one against it?

While humorous, that's really not a valid analogy.

24-05-2013, 04:40 PM
(23-05-2013 09:14 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 03:18 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You really need to work on your reading comprehension. How do you get "didn't know anything about" out of "don't know enough about"? Please look up "anything" and "enough" and you'll find they aren't synonyms. Rolleyes

Contrary to liberal and conservative ideas of "why they hate us" people don't hate the u.s. for our freedoms, and people don't hate the u.s. because we killed bin laden.

1. The sect of Islam that bin laden was in is a very small sect, not liked or recognized by most Muslims as legitimate. It's like someone lumping Mormons with Christians because they inhabit the same area and believe in the same god.

2. The group known as alqaeda that bin laden was a head of is only known in the west as an anti-western organization. Throughout most of the world people see alqaeda as a U.S. creation and tool for destabilizing anti-western governments.

So no, most Muslims wouldn't give two fucks about bin laden corpse photos.
I completely agree with your "people don't hate us because..." statements.

But you are wrong about the photos. It's true that most Muslims couldn't care less about them, but the radical elements out there are just waiting for any excuse to retaliate. Those photos would be like candy to them and they would almost definitely pounce on the opportunity.