I and I banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: I and I banned.
(20-11-2013 09:23 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I hope this satiates everyone's curiosity.

No.

[Image: Where_are_my_cookies.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2013, 10:03 AM
(20-11-2013 08:22 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I personally will miss IandI. He was very nice to me through PM and he seemed like a really nice guy. I am not surprised he got banned and I'm certainly not outraged by it. It makes sense when you look at it.

I do disagree with moms on this on though. If someone has a problem with the way things are done on this forum, then they should be welcome to express their concerns and/or ask for change. I certainly don't think it's right to say, if you don't like it then leave. People should be allowed to express their concerns and have their opinions taken seriously. That doesn't mean they have to get their way, but just that they should be allowed to ask for change if they think something is wrong or unfair. Members should be allowed to question mods and admins without being afraid of being banned themselves. Well, that's just my opinion though.
Who will PM me such awesome advice now that IandI is gone? Sad
I know he was an ass on the threads. I get why he was banned, but I will still miss him.

You were not the only one he was nice to in PMs - for a time - until he tried to incite these people to act out in the forum against other members he didn't like.

No, I wasn't one of them, I stayed clear of him, I wasn't a target either, I have no horse in this race. But the pattern seemed to be - befriend people via PM, be very nice until there seemed to be a relationship, then give them a list of other members he wanted to see hurt.

Looks like he just hadn't finished the process with you yet.

In any case, it didn't work for him.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
20-11-2013, 10:09 AM
(20-11-2013 09:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 09:23 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I hope this satiates everyone's curiosity.

No.

[Image: Where_are_my_cookies.jpg]

There you go!

[Image: cookies_zps982d0e60.jpg]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
20-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Seriously, why are you people talking about this? Nobody will miss him, no one has ever had a good discussion with him, no one had any real debates or mind thrusting or anything with him. So why the fuck are we wasting bits of information talking about him now? 99% of the people wanted him removed from the day he joined. Now it is done. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the forum, we finally can have some peace in all forums and topics.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 4 users Like Filox's post
20-11-2013, 10:15 AM
(20-11-2013 10:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  Seriously, why are you people talking about this? Nobody will miss him, no one has ever had a good discussion with him, no one had any real debates or mind thrusting or anything with him. So why the fuck are we wasting bits of information talking about him now? 99% of the people wanted him removed from the day he joined. Now it is done. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the forum, we finally can have some peace in all forums and topics.

How is this not "enjoying the forum?" You STFU and GTFO if you got a problem with it. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2013, 10:16 AM
(20-11-2013 10:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 10:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  Seriously, why are you people talking about this? Nobody will miss him, no one has ever had a good discussion with him, no one had any real debates or mind thrusting or anything with him. So why the fuck are we wasting bits of information talking about him now? 99% of the people wanted him removed from the day he joined. Now it is done. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the forum, we finally can have some peace in all forums and topics.

How is this not "enjoying the forum?" You STFU and GTFO if you got a problem with it. Tongue

Give a man some cookies, and this is what you get.....Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
20-11-2013, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 10:43 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(20-11-2013 08:22 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I personally will miss IandI. He was very nice to me through PM and he seemed like a really nice guy. I am not surprised he got banned and I'm certainly not outraged by it. It makes sense when you look at it.

I do disagree with moms on this on though. If someone has a problem with the way things are done on this forum, then they should be welcome to express their concerns and/or ask for change. I certainly don't think it's right to say, if you don't like it then leave. People should be allowed to express their concerns and have their opinions taken seriously. That doesn't mean they have to get their way, but just that they should be allowed to ask for change if they think something is wrong or unfair. Members should be allowed to question mods and admins without being afraid of being banned themselves. Well, that's just my opinion though.
Who will PM me such awesome advice now that IandI is gone? Sad
I know he was an ass on the threads. I get why he was banned, but I will still miss him.

My remarks were directed at someone with a minus 9 rep, who really doesn't really care a wit about the forum. And we don't gang up on theists either...We've had a few that have been downright nice. KC is a theist and he's admin and has the highest rep in the place....

Of course you can contact mods or admin....their door is open. I never implied that anyone would be banned for asking a question -- to my knowledge no one ever has. If you think something is unfair, you're free to bring it up. But it's up to Admin what happens. On a forum like this I think it's impossible to keep everyone happy of the time. This forum like Revs said is a dictatorship. KC and Aurora are in control of it.

I and I contacted me by pm when I first joined too. And ya he seemed nice....but...he had a motive. He was smart enough to seem like he cared and wanted to play along.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2013, 10:31 AM
(20-11-2013 05:01 AM)BnW Wrote:  I cant believe we have 12 pages on this, generated by someone who admits he didn't read much of I&I's posts. I think its obvious and self explanatory to anyone who has read his work. I never think anyone should be banned and its obvious to me why it happened (not saying I agree with it, but I get it.)

Why do you care? And, if it bugs you so much you have choices. You can choose to leave, for example. But, seriously, get over it and move on.

This isn't about I and I, its about transparency in banning/censure.
20-11-2013, 10:46 AM
(20-11-2013 09:23 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  In an attempt to be more transparent, I will elaborate:

We worked diligently with I&I to try and help him improve not only his forum experience but everyone else's. It was through this that I realized he wasn't here to participate. He was here to cause a disruption.

He was not banned for spam... let me just make that clear. He was asked to curtail the redundancy of his topics. We went into detail with him how his topics are similar in nature and to combine his thoughts into one topic.

We talked with him about his interactions with others and told him how he is perceived with the way he responds. We talked with him about possibly being a little nicer and more polite and people would start respecting that... in time... not at first, because he had already created his forum persona... he had to work to change it.

He completely ignored everything we told him and continued to disrupt the forum.

We suspended his thread making ability after he made continuous similar topics. As soon as it was reinstated he continued the behavior.

Our next step was going to be more restrictions to his thread making ability; however, the coding was rather complicated and it was going to require DT to create a whole new plugin just for I&I.

We were going through with this.

Aurora and I discussed things a bit and realized that I&I wasn't here to participate. He was here for one reason... to cause a disturbance. He puked all over the help and advice we gave him because it completely went against his own agenda.

As Nach_in said, he was clever... he knew how to skirt topics to make it seem like he wanted genuine conversation, but because of all the effort we put into I&I, it revealed that he wasn't here for those reasons... he was here to cause a disturbance.

Aurora and I decided that having DT do all this work for someone who was clearly here to troll was not a good use of one of our most valuable, irreplaceable, and priceless members (DT). He is busy enough keeping this forum healthy... he didn't need this added task for someone like I&I.

The decision to ban wasn't difficult. We had the sufficient evidence needed... plenty of it... thousands and thousands of words...

So it was done.

As for Rule 5, that came from Seth. When I had a the phone conversation with him about the pedo stuff, he asked me to implement Rule 5. He said anyone that causes malicious disturbance to the fabric of the forum needs to go.

So, that's what we did... but we made sure that we did what we could to spare I&I from this fate, as Aurora and I are very big on free speech. However, Seth pays the bills, and we have to abide by the rules as he requests.

In the end, I&I's presence was more negative to the forum than positive, and because of his obvious malicious intent, we enacted Rule 5.

I hope this satiates everyone's curiosity.

Thanks KC.

This is the type of summary that should be in the ban log.

I don't think you need to make coding changes to restrict a posters ability to start new threads. If its determined that a poster needs his thread making ability restricted, let that poster and the forum know that he is restricted from making new threads. If the poster continues to make new threads then ban them for not adhering to their "probation".
20-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Oh what WOULD we do without advice from Blowjob?
How DID we all function before he darkened the door ?
(Down to -9 I see).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post