I and I banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: I and I banned.
(20-11-2013 11:27 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You don't practice what you preach, Christian.

I don't preach, Heathen.

Oh, you wound me with all your lies.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2013, 11:37 AM
(20-11-2013 10:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 10:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And we don't gang up on theists either...We've had a few that have been downright nice. KC is a theist and he's admin and has the highest rep in the place....

That's a bunch of BS. Its like saying their isn't racism against blacks in America because Barack Obama is president. Sure there are some exceptions like KC, but as a rule it is much harder for a theist to gain positive rep than an atheist.

Not true. It's totally the quality of the posts. Show us ONE quality theist poster, who actually KNOWS Philosophy, Theology, or Biblical Studies.
Blowjob's posts lack utterly in quality content. He's the usual amateur.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/User-maklelan
Maklelan was one of the finest academics ever here. He was recognized as such.
They are very few and far between. It's not our fault if the normal clap-trap of theists is called out as the trash it normally is.
Name ONE theist forum that doesn't outright ban atheists for pushing their beliefs, or criticizing the bs religion spouts. Seth started TTA for a REASON. It was NOT to give yet another stage for theists.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-11-2013, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 12:08 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(20-11-2013 10:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And we don't gang up on theists either...We've had a few that have been downright nice. KC is a theist and he's admin and has the highest rep in the place....

That's a bunch of BS. Its like saying their isn't racism against blacks in America because Barack Obama is president. Sure there are some exceptions like KC, but as a rule it is much harder for a theist to gain positive rep than an atheist.

Why the fuck do you care about rep points anyway? I understand you have negative ones, so that might bother you, but who really cares about how many points you have, really?

Let's say it is harder for a Theist to receive positive rep points than an Atheist on this forum. An obvious reason for why might be that an Atheist will generally say more things that an Atheist will agree with, where as a Theist will generally say more things that an Atheist will not agree with. But good points and arguments can be had on both sides. It shouldn't be a shock that on a forum there will be more likes given to something someone says that most the people on the forum agree with.

But the thing is, you are not penalized for saying things we disagree with. In fact that's apart of conversation, and if you make thoughtful points, even if we disagree with them, as long as they are thoughtful and honest you will still receive positive points by others here. We probably have already considered whatever point a Theist presents here, so it will not be that new or interesting to us, and less likely to warrant a like. It will be hard for most Theist to make points that will be interesting and new, and not the same conversations we’ve already worked out when we were seven, or sixteen, or thirty, or whenever ago in our pasted we personally had to address the point, in great depth, you think you are cleverly, just now bringing up for the first time, which we’ve already been thinking about and addressing for years. But there is no reason why a Theist should have negative points on this forum for honestly and intelligently discussing their views. Even if we all disagree with them. We got to where we are because we welcome these conversations, not hide from them.

The only thing that can account for negative points on this forum is not what you say or views expressed, but how you do it. If you are intellectually dishonest, disingenuous, disrespectful to the honestly and direction of the conversation, have an agenda to derail conversation rather than engage in it, refuse to legitimately engage in the conversation by actually taking the other's argument into prospective whether you agree with it or not, to simply state, state, state, and restate the same old failed argument over and over again, making up what words actual mean, redefining the way language works to suit your needs, restate what other's have said by claiming what they actually just said “actually” means something different than the thing they just said, rather than accepting the actual words that they out of their mouth as meaning what they say they to mean, because your redefinition of their point is easier to argue against rather than addressing what the poster actually wrote.

These ^^^^ are the things that give you negative rep points on here, not your belief, or your Theism, but you dishonesty and refusal to have an actual, productive conversation, and insistency to destroy others actual, productive conversations. If you find you have a high number of negative points, I would consider this, and perhaps actually look at what they say in your negative points. I think they straight out tell you why they gave you a negative point, and I doubt any of them have ever said, "because you believe Jesus is our lord and savoir". I think it's usually something more like, " Ignorant arogant troll. Redefines words and concepts, and expects everyone to accept his strange personal views.”

Maybe consider that what you are doing is coming off as Trolling, is Ignorant in your views, are arrogant, that you have a tendency to redefine works, and redefine established concepts to suit your personal needs, and expect everyone to accept you personal view rather than simply having a conversation about them. Now you may disagree with all these things, and you may want to redefine what that quote actual means. To say to yourself that Buckyball, in this case of the negative quote posted above, was just being an Asshole, as the late ‘I and I’ would say. Or you could take a moment to actually consider the impression you give off, and if you don’t agree with it, make efforts to improve it, rather than simply re affirming the same opinions of you. ‘I and I’ refused to make that change, and a few others here are refusing too. But if you care, take that seriously. If you don’t, then realize you don’t care, and stop fucking complaining about things you are doing to yourself.

[+] 6 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
20-11-2013, 12:15 PM

The rep for The_Thinking_Theist is at 20 + after being here for about a month. Most of us disagree with his view on the world and on gods, but he's nice and has often been humble in debates. Unlike IandI, Egor and Mark Dreher, he also posts in other places than just the A&T thread or the Alex Jones thread. Hope this answered your question.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 7 users Like ELK12695's post
20-11-2013, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 01:44 PM by Revenant77x.)
(20-11-2013 12:15 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 10:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That's a bunch of BS. Its like saying their isn't racism against blacks in America because Barack Obama is president. Sure there are some exceptions like KC, but as a rule it is much harder for a theist to gain positive rep than an atheist.

The rep for The_Thinking_Theist is at 20 + after being here for about a month. Most of us disagree with his view on the world and on gods, but he's nice and has often been humble in debates. Unlike IandI, Egor and Mark Dreher, he also posts in other places than just the A&T thread or the Alex Jones thread. Hope this answered your question.

And if any Username was gonna get peoples backs up it was that one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-11-2013, 01:39 PM
(20-11-2013 12:15 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 10:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That's a bunch of BS. Its like saying their isn't racism against blacks in America because Barack Obama is president. Sure there are some exceptions like KC, but as a rule it is much harder for a theist to gain positive rep than an atheist.

Agreed. He seems to be an OK dude. He's not a dick, not a troll, and seems fairly well composed. Don't compose yourself like a dick, and you'll eventually be recognized by people who want to give you some positive feedback. Most people here don't inherently give people bad rep for being a theist. We welcome open discussion here. If we didn't, it would really trump the whole point of the site being called the THINKING atheist.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
20-11-2013, 02:20 PM
TTT is open to suggestions as to how to get along. And he takes some teasing with good humor and will give it back if you seem open to it. He is opening up to looking at some things from different perspectives. He's a good new addition to the forum. I don't agree with his religion, but I don't have to...and he doesn't expect me to.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-11-2013, 02:38 PM
(20-11-2013 11:27 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You don't practice what you preach, Christian.

I don't preach, Heathen.

Listen my friend, if you want to get any respect on an atheist forum I strongly suggest you get rid of the "us verses them" attitude like many of the successful theists around here have done, including one on our admin team.

No one is saying that it is a MUST that you become an atheist around here, but rather only that you behave with a level of maturity and demonstrate some respect for those who do not share your beliefs.

After all, you believe in your lord Jesus Christ, and believe he taught you the golden rule, and to turn the other cheek. These qualities are actually innate among all people, but particularly in atheists. Therefore, if you want to be appreciated and respected than I suggest and strongly encourage you to maintain the level of integrity expected of you- not only as a Christian- but also as a human being like the rest of us.

So drop your guard, take the slaps in the face, turn the other cheek and do nothing or say anything to anyone which you would not want done or said to you.

Set a higher standard for yourself by not retaliating in kind to anyone who slights you. Forgive everyone and move forward.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
20-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Moving on into the future I think everybody should consider what part they played with I and I and anybody else who is going to get branded as a "troll"

What I mean is sooooo many people here called him a troll yet could not resist but post in his threads, if you don't like the person, put them on ignore and dont answer their threads.

Simple as.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
20-11-2013, 03:32 PM
(20-11-2013 03:17 PM)bemore Wrote:  What I mean is sooooo many people here called him a troll yet could not resist but post in his threads, if you don't like the person, put them on ignore and dont answer their threads.

All good performance art involves audience participation. Which is to say, there was a lot of unintentional tragic comedy in his posts.

That, and there's the part of the back of my mind which says, "well maybe someone will benefit somehow if I point out how this false thing is false".

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post