I and I banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: I and I banned.
(20-11-2013 07:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So whenever I am in a position where everyone around me disagrees with my position, I tend to re-think that position. More often than not, after thinking it over, I see that, of course, it isn't the rest of the world that's wrong, it's me who isn't seeing clearly.

Once in a while though, I just can't see it.

Get yer veggies ready, cause my heads gonna look like a target....

Blowjob is TOTALLY right. Mega double standard goin on in this bitch.

Commence veggie throwing.

I agree. He doesn't come across as a terrible guy to me. I try to form my own opinions (which is why i rarely give out neg rep).

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2013, 08:04 PM
(20-11-2013 07:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Mega double standard goin on in this bitch.

Pfft. So? Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Just looking at the whole discussion about name calling. Read it like a human being, and you can't help but see everyone ganging up on Blowjob. Then there's people defending it by saying Sucky's earned the right to have everyone back him up?? C'mon now. That's what bullies say.

And for the record, I think Sucky and Blowjob are the only two who should be discussing it in the first place. Sucky has proven his intelligence and ability to defend himself a thousand times over. He doesn't need the help.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
20-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Yabut blome doesn't like being called blowjob...

Ooooh the irony.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-11-2013, 08:27 PM
(20-11-2013 08:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Just looking at the whole discussion about name calling. Read it like a human being, and you can't help but see everyone ganging up on Blowjob. Then there's people defending it by saying Sucky's earned the right to have everyone back him up?? C'mon now. That's what bullies say.

And for the record, I think Sucky and Blowjob are the only two who should be discussing it in the first place. Sucky has proven his intelligence and ability to defend himself a thousand times over. He doesn't need the help.

I agree, and I've said I don't think anyone should be calling anyone names on here.
But I kind of have some difficulty seeing the side of someone who puts blowjob in their name, and then says don't call me blowjob.

I think it's unnecessary all around, but ...I mean come on... he put blowjob in his name. I just can't see getting upset about it. Had he not have chosen that name, I'd get it, but he did, he did some trolling, and now this is what is happening. Is that right to do? Probably not, but I can't see his side in being upset about it. Don't choose a name with blowjob in it, then troll around. I can't help you out on that one, and I have a hard time seeing the double standard as they are both doing it to each other.

And the more blowy goes on an on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on the less I care about his point anyway.

20-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't see him raising a giant stink about it. He made a few points and people jumped the bandwagon on him. Just drop it and if he really has an issue with the jokes and the name, he can have the admins change the name. No harm no foul.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
20-11-2013, 08:31 PM
(20-11-2013 08:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Just looking at the whole discussion about name calling. Read it like a human being, and you can't help but see everyone ganging up on Blowjob. Then there's people defending it by saying Sucky's earned the right to have everyone back him up?? C'mon now. That's what bullies say.

Well this isn't really a battle between me and Bucky. Bucky just happened to be included as a matter of circumstance. He tossed out the "blowjob" slur at the opportune moment to prove a point....could have been a lot of people.

What should really happen is this.....If you see one poster call another poster a derisive name, neg. rep them for it.....but you have to be consistent. You can't give people you like a pass and only neg rep the people you don't like.

Name calling would diminish pretty quick....me thinks.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
20-11-2013, 08:34 PM
I am 100% consistent with all my repping, negative or otherwise.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
20-11-2013, 08:34 PM
(20-11-2013 06:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 06:09 PM)Free Wrote:  Seriously .... let it go. If you only knew how bad you are making yourself look, and all over what? Names? Really?

How can you possibly allow this to happen to yourself? I mean seriously, how is it even possible, dude?

Hobo

There is a larger point being made....that is that of the double standard. Bucky got a pass for changing my name to ridicule me, but I get chastised for changing his name to ridicule him.

Why did Bucky get the pass and I didn't? That's never been answered by anyone except me.

It's called "life," and it is no different here than it is in the real world. Let me give you an analogy ...

Let's pretend that we have 2 employees working for the same company. One of the employees has been working there for 5 weeks, and the other has been working there for 5 years.

The one that has been working there for 5 years has earned the respect of his employer and co-workers. He has contributed a lot to the interests of the company both in a financial way and as a team player. As a result of his contributions, he gets a little leeway with his employer. They don't complain if he take an extra 5 minutes for lunch, or spends a couple minutes of company time engaged in idle chit-chat. Sure, he's breaking the rules, but the employer tolerates it because the employee has earned the respect and trust of his employer.

The one who has worked there for 5 weeks doesn't even know everyone's name yet. He has not yet proven himself to his employer, thus has not yet earned his employers trust. He was caught hanging around the water cooler on company time talking about a football game. He was chastised and given a warning.

This is life, and in life things are earned, and those things take time, dedication, and commitment.

Bucky has dedicated the time, his money, and his expertise towards the development of this "company" we call "The Thinking Atheist." He has earned the respect and admiration of all the admins and most of the members alike. He has gone the hard yards and is afforded a little leeway.

This is life. This is reality. This is perfectly normal.

Do you understand this?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
20-11-2013, 08:46 PM
(20-11-2013 08:34 PM)Free Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 06:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There is a larger point being made....that is that of the double standard. Bucky got a pass for changing my name to ridicule me, but I get chastised for changing his name to ridicule him.

Why did Bucky get the pass and I didn't? That's never been answered by anyone except me.

It's called "life," and it is no different here than it is in the real world. Let me give you an analogy ...

Let's pretend that we have 2 employees working for the same company. One of the employees has been working there for 5 weeks, and the other has been working there for 5 years.

The one that has been working there for 5 years has earned the respect of his employer and co-workers. He has contributed a lot to the interests of the company both in a financial way and as a team player. As a result of his contributions, he gets a little leeway with his employer. They don't complain if he take an extra 5 minutes for lunch, or spends a couple minutes of company time engaged in idle chit-chat. Sure, he's breaking the rules, but the employer tolerates it because the employee has earned the respect and trust of his employer.

The one who has worked there for 5 weeks doesn't even know everyone's name yet. He has not yet proven himself to his employer, thus has not yet earned his employers trust. He was caught hanging around the water cooler on company time talking about a football game. He was chastised and given a warning.

This is life, and in life things are earned, and those things take time, dedication, and commitment.

Bucky has dedicated the time, his money, and his expertise towards the development of this "company" we call "The Thinking Atheist." He has earned the respect and admiration of all the admins and most of the members alike. He has gone the hard yards and is afforded a little leeway.

This is life. This is reality. This is perfectly normal.

Do you understand this?

Yes I understand it, but a lot of people don't. Please remember just a few pages ago people were adamantly denying a double standard exists. We are here now on name calling because that is vehicle I used to show the double standard existed. And before that people were touting my neg 9 rep as a reason to dismiss me....which I countered by claiming double standard.....

Its really kinda convoluted now.