I and I banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 08:59 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: I and I banned.
(20-11-2013 08:34 PM)Free Wrote:  It's called "life," and it is no different here than it is in the real world. Let me give you an analogy ...

Let's pretend that we have 2 employees working for the same company. One of the employees has been working there for 5 weeks, and the other has been working there for 5 years.

The one that has been working there for 5 years has earned the respect of his employer and co-workers. He has contributed a lot to the interests of the company both in a financial way and as a team player. As a result of his contributions, he gets a little leeway with his employer. They don't complain if he take an extra 5 minutes for lunch, or spends a couple minutes of company time engaged in idle chit-chat. Sure, he's breaking the rules, but the employer tolerates it because the employee has earned the respect and trust of his employer.

The one who has worked there for 5 weeks doesn't even know everyone's name yet. He has not yet proven himself to his employer, thus has not yet earned his employers trust. He was caught hanging around the water cooler on company time talking about a football game. He was chastised and given a warning.

This is life, and in life things are earned, and those things take time, dedication, and commitment.

Bucky has dedicated the time, his money, and his expertise towards the development of this "company" we call "The Thinking Atheist." He has earned the respect and admiration of all the admins and most of the members alike. He has gone the hard yards and is afforded a little leeway.

This is life. This is reality. This is perfectly normal.

Do you understand this?

ummm...I don't like that analogy.

I think it more like the new employee show up, says "Hi, my name is Bigbut", when his real name is just Steve. Then he gets into daily arguments with another employee, regardless of who started it...I don't really give a shit about that. But then the guy he is fitting with starts calling him Fatass. Then he start complaining to everyone that he is getting harassed because he is being called Fatass when his name is Bigbut, which is a completely different thing, and it's not even his actual name anyway but one he asked everyone to call him.

Now Fatass, and stinkybut are arguing every day, and Fatass is asking why we don't tell stinkybut to stop calling Fatass, Fatass. And I'm like, number one, I don't give a shit what you or he does and long as it doesn't involve me because I work on a different floor than you guys anyway, and number two, you picked the effing name!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2013, 08:48 PM
(20-11-2013 08:34 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I am 100% consistent with all my repping, negative or otherwise.

I would rep the way I wish the mods everywhere would censure....with specific examples. But Alas, we second class citizens...can't rep.
20-11-2013, 08:55 PM
(20-11-2013 08:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 08:34 PM)Free Wrote:  It's called "life," and it is no different here than it is in the real world. Let me give you an analogy ...

Let's pretend that we have 2 employees working for the same company. One of the employees has been working there for 5 weeks, and the other has been working there for 5 years.

The one that has been working there for 5 years has earned the respect of his employer and co-workers. He has contributed a lot to the interests of the company both in a financial way and as a team player. As a result of his contributions, he gets a little leeway with his employer. They don't complain if he take an extra 5 minutes for lunch, or spends a couple minutes of company time engaged in idle chit-chat. Sure, he's breaking the rules, but the employer tolerates it because the employee has earned the respect and trust of his employer.

The one who has worked there for 5 weeks doesn't even know everyone's name yet. He has not yet proven himself to his employer, thus has not yet earned his employers trust. He was caught hanging around the water cooler on company time talking about a football game. He was chastised and given a warning.

This is life, and in life things are earned, and those things take time, dedication, and commitment.

Bucky has dedicated the time, his money, and his expertise towards the development of this "company" we call "The Thinking Atheist." He has earned the respect and admiration of all the admins and most of the members alike. He has gone the hard yards and is afforded a little leeway.

This is life. This is reality. This is perfectly normal.

Do you understand this?

Yes I understand it, but a lot of people don't. Please remember just a few pages ago people were adamantly denying a double standard exists. We are here now on name calling because that is vehicle I used to show the double standard existed. And before that people were touting my neg 9 rep as a reason to dismiss me....which I countered by claiming double standard.....

Its really kinda convoluted now.

It's not really a double-standard; Bucky is still subjected to the same rules as you are but because he's earned the respect of the admins, and because the admins do indeed have discretionary powers, he doesn't always get a warning. Believe me, you can bet your butt the admins have let you get away with a lot also.

You just need to relax and step away from the petty squabbles and don't sweat the small stuff.

Chin up, okay?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
20-11-2013, 09:09 PM
(20-11-2013 08:48 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 08:34 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I am 100% consistent with all my repping, negative or otherwise.

I would rep the way I wish the mods everywhere would censure....with specific examples. But Alas, we second class citizens...can't rep.

You can rep. Normal members are +1.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
20-11-2013, 09:10 PM
(20-11-2013 09:09 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 08:48 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would rep the way I wish the mods everywhere would censure....with specific examples. But Alas, we second class citizens...can't rep.

You can rep. Normal members are +1.

Can't give 'em out when you're in the red.

... this is my signature!
20-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh. That I did not know.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
20-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Stark shows up and it's either oh shit dad's home and people scatter, or the ones wanting dad's favor back him, go yeah while hiding behind dad's leg sticking their tongue out at the others.

Then the kid that really started it gets away with his shit.

Happens every time.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
20-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Every time this thread gets bumped now, all I can think of is this for some reason:

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
20-11-2013, 09:26 PM
(20-11-2013 09:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Stark shows up and it's either oh shit dad's home and people scatter, or the ones wanting dad's favor back him, go yeah while hiding behind dad's leg sticking their tongue out at the others.

Then the kid that really started it gets away with his shit.

Happens every time.

Starky is a good guy. He has no admin power anymore though. He has only his own thoughts and opinions to contribute, just as the rest of us do. I'm going to be nice and bump the guy up on rep. It's easy to feel negative when everyone pounces on you and floods you with neg rep. I'm going to give the guy a chance. Rep can always be removed (or reversed).

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
20-11-2013, 09:27 PM
(20-11-2013 08:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yabut blome doesn't like being called blowjob...

Ooooh the irony.

It's like if I made my name "Muffmuncher" and got offended if people called me "Lesbo".
It just boggles my mind.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post