I and I banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: I and I banned.
(19-11-2013 07:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:27 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Rule 5 is there to be abused by the mods, dummy. Dodgy

When I read rule 5 I figured as much. I wonder if my days here are numbered. Its only a matter of time before some butthurt mod bans me under nebulous rule 5.

Have you been warned by admin or the mods?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2013, 07:47 PM
He got banned for violating rule 5...speaking of which, I've been looking and I can't seem to find the thread where these rules are written...anyone care to help?

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
19-11-2013, 07:48 PM
(19-11-2013 07:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:27 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Rule 5 is there to be abused by the mods, dummy. Dodgy

When I read rule 5 I figured as much. I wonder if my days here are numbered. Its only a matter of time before some butthurt mod bans me under nebulous rule 5.

I don't recall I and I posting much outside his own threads. I can see him getting banned if for instance he retarded up threads other people started but it seems to me he pretty much stayed in his own threads.

You ain't getting banned. I give you shit because I'm an asshole and you're a theist, but Rule 5 really ain't that nebulous. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-11-2013, 07:48 PM
(19-11-2013 07:39 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:33 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  Can you elaborate? It seems like he is a big deal, judging from the fact that there is like two threads about him in two secctions.

Interesting choice of name

I saw another user named 'Momsurroundedbyboys' and I realized that if you flipped the two words around, it would be perfect for me, I was raised by 'moms' (lesbian partners).

Oh, wait, I am high-jacking this thread. Oops.

Don't worry, I messaged the user after I registered to make sure it was OK to keep.

Should I make my own intro thread?
[+] 5 users Like Boysurroundedbymoms's post
19-11-2013, 07:49 PM
(19-11-2013 07:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:33 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  Can you elaborate? It seems like he is a big deal, judging from the fact that there is like two threads about him in two secctions.

Since muffs decided to punt, I'll take it. He came in here with an agenda to promote conspiracy nonsense and be intentionally provocative and obtuse. He'd cut and paste from conspiracy sites without attribution - a form of plagiarism which should have been enough to get himself sanctioned, IMHO - he'd post controversial threads just to get a rise out of people, and when the posting frenzy slowed, post another thread about the exact same thing...

It goes on and fucking on. He would've got axed any other non-conspiracy forum long ago, but it is this forum's policy to allow free-as-possible expression and to ban only as a last resort (after repeated warnings).

Sounds like a douche Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Boysurroundedbymoms's post
19-11-2013, 07:51 PM
(19-11-2013 07:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Since muffs decided to punt, I'll take it. He came in here with an agenda to promote conspiracy nonsense and be intentionally provocative and obtuse. He'd cut and paste from conspiracy sites without attribution - a form of plagiarism which should have been enough to get himself sanctioned, IMHO - he'd post controversial threads just to get a rise out of people, and when the posting frenzy slowed, post another thread about the exact same thing...

It goes on and fucking on. He would've got axed any other non-conspiracy forum long ago, but it is this forum's policy to allow free-as-possible expression and to ban only as a last resort (after repeated warnings).

This is the beginnings of a case, but it needs to be substantiated. Specific examples should be provided instead of generalizations. I'm not asking that I and I be re-instated. I'm not asking that rule 5 be trash canned. I'm asking that when an established poster gets banned, that the reason for banning is documented with specific examples of the offending behavior and not some statement like, "repeatedly violated rule 5".
19-11-2013, 07:52 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Members

this is the thread with rules

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 3 users Like Lightvader's post
19-11-2013, 07:54 PM
(19-11-2013 07:52 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Members

this is the thread with rules

I was having a hard time finding the rules as well, thank you Light vader.
19-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Also,if hughsie is reading this,IMHO the rules thread should (also) be in the forum issues board

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
19-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I've been here for only a few days, and it was obvious to me after like an hour that he was just trolling and trying to upset people. I had to stop myself from making posts asking why he hadn't been banned yet, because I felt it wasn't a new user's place to question the mods.

He was posting nothing but nonsense on a forum called The *Thinking* Atheist. It's probably better that he's gone.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post