Boysuroundedbymom,are you related to momsurroundedbyboys? Oh,and no problem

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: I and I banned.
(19-11-2013 07:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I didn't read a lot of his threads but the little I did read didn't seem ban worthy. Other than slam dunks like spam or sock puppets, the ban log should be a little more detailed about the circumstances of banning. Claiming he repeatedly violated rule 5 doesn't say anything. For a poster like I and I the ban log should include a case history for all of us to examine.

This is a dictatorship not a democracy. The decisions of the Admins and staff are not up to a vote. Don't like how the forum is run? No one is forcing you to be here.

The forum is private property and anyone here is allowed here at the privilege of the owners of the website. If I got banned, I would respect the property rights of the owners. I understand exactly what you are saying but you are missing the point. If the owners of the site are going to tout this site as a bastion of freedom of expression, then they really should implement some structure that insures it is a bastion of freedom of expression. Nebulous rule 5 is a necessary rule but it needs a check to keep things in balance. I am proposing that as a check, when an established poster gets banned a detail accounting of that ban must be published including specific examples(not generalizations).
19-11-2013, 07:58 PM
(19-11-2013 07:44 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why? This is not a commune.

The forum prides itself of providing an opportunity for freedom of expression.....which is a good thing. Did I and I get banned because he expressed himself or did he get banned because people didn't like what he had to say? What is the difference between "disrupting the forum" and free expression?

Make a case in public and then at least we can judge of mods are correctly applying rule 5.

Why? This is not a commune.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2013, 07:59 PM
(19-11-2013 07:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Since muffs decided to punt, I'll take it. He came in here with an agenda to promote conspiracy nonsense and be intentionally provocative and obtuse. He'd cut and paste from conspiracy sites without attribution - a form of plagiarism which should have been enough to get himself sanctioned, IMHO - he'd post controversial threads just to get a rise out of people, and when the posting frenzy slowed, post another thread about the exact same thing...

It goes on and fucking on. He would've got axed any other non-conspiracy forum long ago, but it is this forum's policy to allow free-as-possible expression and to ban only as a last resort (after repeated warnings).

This is the beginnings of a case, but it needs to be substantiated. Specific examples should be provided instead of generalizations. I'm not asking that I and I be re-instated. I'm not asking that rule 5 be trash canned. I'm asking that when an established poster gets banned, that the reason for banning is documented with specific examples of the offending behavior and not some statement like, "repeatedly violated rule 5".

The forum admins call all the shots, they have all information they needed to decide. Really all you have to do is look at all the threads...anyone can do that...

Again, who are you? Minus 8? Why should the admins or anyone else give you the time of day or give any deference to what you think? They certainly won't change a rule just because you or anyone else feels its unfair. This is not your or my forum. If you want...form your own forum, pay the bills and decide how things are run.

I wish you luck.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2013, 08:02 PM
(19-11-2013 07:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  This is the beginnings of a case, but it needs to be substantiated. Specific examples should be provided instead of generalizations. I'm not asking that I and I be re-instated. I'm not asking that rule 5 be trash canned. I'm asking that when an established poster gets banned, that the reason for banning is documented with specific examples of the offending behavior and not some statement like, "repeatedly violated rule 5".

The forum admins call all the shots, they have all information they needed to decide. Really all you have to do is look at all the threads...anyone can do that...

Again, who are you? Minus 8? Why should the admins or anyone else give you the time of day or give any deference to what you think? They certainly won't change a rule just because you or anyone else feels its unfair. This is not your or my forum. If you want...form your own forum, pay the bills and decide how things are run.

I wish you luck.

oh god, telling a theist to start their own forum is the start of another Egor...please please please stop giving them ideas.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
19-11-2013, 08:03 PM
(19-11-2013 07:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is a dictatorship not a democracy. The decisions of the Admins and staff are not up to a vote. Don't like how the forum is run? No one is forcing you to be here.

The forum is private property and anyone here is allowed here at the privilege of the owners of the website. If I got banned, I would respect the property rights of the owners. I understand exactly what you are saying but you are missing the point. If the owners of the site are going to tout this site as a bastion of freedom of expression, then they really should implement some structure that insures it is a bastion of freedom of expression. Nebulous rule 5 is a necessary rule but it needs a check to keep things in balance. I am proposing that as a check, when an established poster gets banned a detail accounting of that ban must be published including specific examples(not generalizations).

Why? There are already checks.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2013, 08:03 PM
(19-11-2013 07:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is a dictatorship not a democracy. The decisions of the Admins and staff are not up to a vote. Don't like how the forum is run? No one is forcing you to be here.

If your ever a member of the forum team, as a mod or admin then you will be privy to all the behind the scenes goings on. Until that happens you (or anyone) has to just STFU. It's not up for public debate or discussion.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-11-2013, 08:04 PM
(19-11-2013 07:56 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Boysuroundedbymom,are you related to momsurroundedbyboys? Oh,and no problem

I don't think so (I have no idea who she is, if that's what you're asking) I saw her name, thought it was insanely clever (kinda cynicalish, which is awesome.) and realized that if I just flipped 'boy' and 'mom', it would describe my situation better, as well as being clever (I love being clever, by the way)

I did message her though, so I think its cool that we share a similar name (maybe I am under the wrong impression??)
If she has a problem with it, I'll be glad to respect her right to ask me to change my name.

just thought it was pretty cool.
[+] 2 users Like Boysurroundedbymoms's post
19-11-2013, 08:10 PM

We have a ban log in that log it states why he was banned. Repeated violations of rule 5. That is all the explanation that is going to be posted. Want in on the nuts and bolts of how the forum is run ask to join the forum team.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-11-2013, 08:11 PM
(19-11-2013 07:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  This is the beginnings of a case, but it needs to be substantiated. Specific examples should be provided instead of generalizations. I'm not asking that I and I be re-instated. I'm not asking that rule 5 be trash canned. I'm asking that when an established poster gets banned, that the reason for banning is documented with specific examples of the offending behavior and not some statement like, "repeatedly violated rule 5".

I wish you luck.

I see you would rather have everyone lock step with the mods then express their own opinions.

If I were to start a forum, it would be very much like this one, except that the mods would be required to justify with specific examples any censuring of an established poster.