I and I banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: I and I banned.
They took their time imho. He would've been banned months ago if I were in charge (that's why I'm never in charge btw)...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
19-11-2013, 08:13 PM
(19-11-2013 08:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The forum admins call all the shots, they have all information they needed to decide. Really all you have to do is look at all the threads...anyone can do that...

Again, who are you? Minus 8? Why should the admins or anyone else give you the time of day or give any deference to what you think? They certainly won't change a rule just because you or anyone else feels its unfair. This is not your or my forum. If you want...form your own forum, pay the bills and decide how things are run.

I wish you luck.

I see you would rather have everyone lock step with the mods then express their own opinions.

If I were to start a forum, it would be very much like this one, except that the mods would be required to justify with specific examples any censuring of an established poster.

And the first time you went round and round over why you did something you would realise that going down that road is pointless and futile you will never please everyone and eventually you just have to put your foot down and say this decision is final.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-11-2013, 08:14 PM
(19-11-2013 08:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If I were to start a forum, it would be very much like this one, except that the mods would be required to justify with specific examples any censuring of an established poster.

You'd get over that real quick. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-11-2013, 08:15 PM
(19-11-2013 07:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The forum admins call all the shots, they have all information they needed to decide. Really all you have to do is look at all the threads...anyone can do that...

Again, who are you? Minus 8? Why should the admins or anyone else give you the time of day or give any deference to what you think? They certainly won't change a rule just because you or anyone else feels its unfair. This is not your or my forum. If you want...form your own forum, pay the bills and decide how things are run.

I wish you luck.

I see you would rather have everyone lock step with the mods then express their own opinions.

If I were to start a forum, it would be very much like this one, except that the mods would be required to justify with specific examples any censuring of an established poster.
Look, I don't know you, but I think this:

Its OK to express a want for more information, or to express an opinion about how things are run, but its not OK to EXPECT the information to meet to your standards, or to Demand the information because you aren't satisfied.

(No disrespect, man.)
[+] 2 users Like Boysurroundedbymoms's post
19-11-2013, 08:16 PM
(19-11-2013 08:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We have a ban log in that log it states why he was banned. Repeated violations of rule 5. That is all the explanation that is going to be posted. Want in on the nuts and bolts of how the forum is run ask to join the forum team.

Apparently I am in the wrong for asking that bannings of established posters be transparent.

I'm sorry for expressing an opinion and for now will just walk lockstep with the gestapo that is starting to run this forum.

I and I is banned....hooray!

Is that good enough groveling for you?
19-11-2013, 08:19 PM
(19-11-2013 08:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 08:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We have a ban log in that log it states why he was banned. Repeated violations of rule 5. That is all the explanation that is going to be posted. Want in on the nuts and bolts of how the forum is run ask to join the forum team.

Apparently I am in the wrong for asking that bannings of established posters be transparent.

I'm sorry for expressing an opinion and for now will just walk lockstep with the gestapo that is starting to run this forum.

That is sufficient.
Carry on. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
19-11-2013, 08:20 PM
(19-11-2013 08:15 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 08:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I see you would rather have everyone lock step with the mods then express their own opinions.

Look, I don't know you, but I think this:

Its OK to express a want for more information, or to express an opinion about how things are run, but its not OK to EXPECT the information to meet to your standards, or to Demand the information because you aren't satisfied.

(No disrespect, man.)

No, on an open forum, such as this one purports to be, it should be okay for me to demand information if I am not satisfied. What is silly is having an expectation it will be provided. I have no expectation that things will change, but that won't stop me from calling the forum mods out for poor behavior(if I think they are guilty of it).

Edit: I read your post wrong which is why I basically repeated what you had to say. I seems as if you an I agree somewhat.
19-11-2013, 08:24 PM
(19-11-2013 08:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Dude. All you gotta do is lookit all this nonsense and imagine you're the mod that did the banning. How long do you think you'd put up with this before you said "fuck it," and wrote your own Rule 5?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-11-2013, 08:26 PM

I wish you luck.

If I have a problem with way the mods do things I will leave. I don't have a problem with that idea. You can do that too.

I would encourage you to exercise your choice and leave.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2013, 08:27 PM
I feel a little awkward contributing to this thread because I haven't been here very long and I didn't have to suffer through I and I's drama as long as everyone else has. If I am overstepping my bounds, someone please let me know.

Anyhow, moving on:

(19-11-2013 08:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I see you would rather have everyone lock step with the mods then express their own opinions.

I understand what you are trying to say. You think maybe the mods were too harsh by banning him, because you don't personally think he did anything ban worthy. I've had the same feeling about similar situations, both online and in real life. So I get it.

But when you are on a forum it's like sitting in someone else's living room--you have to abide by *their* rules because you are in *their* home. Whoever is paying for the bandwidth is who decides what is acceptable behavior. Not the users. We are guests, and we must mind our manners or we'll be asked to leave. It's simple, really. I don't understand why you felt the need to create a thread about the bannation of a person you'll never even meet. Forums are supposed to be a fun little hobby. You're taking this too seriously imo.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 3 users Like Cephalotus's post