I and I banned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 08:33 PM by ridethespiral.)
RE: I and I banned.
At first I thought he was kinda fun/funny, like that crazy uncle who says racist shit and thinks aliens are after him, and some of his topics where interesting...some even had some glimmer of merit quickly eclipsed by insanity...but after awhile you just get sick of him. The AIDS thread was the last straw for me..I der-eped him right before his ban...

Not only did he do his normal 'I will ignore you until you get so pissed off that you go play fetch for some mundane arbitrary detail in some deep specialized study' but he did it like 2 or 3 times in that thread and each time ignored the specific piece of evidence neatly provided...and the topic, did he get that from the lost island of misfit conspiracies? That Chippy dude and Bucky gave him everything on a silver platter and he refused to eat. Ad hominem, Ad hominem, Ad hominem.

He was/is a troll.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
19-11-2013, 08:30 PM
(19-11-2013 08:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 08:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Apparently I am in the wrong for asking that bannings of established posters be transparent.

I'm sorry for expressing an opinion and for now will just walk lockstep with the gestapo that is starting to run this forum.

I and I is banned....hooray!

Is that good enough groveling for you?

Dude. All you gotta do is lookit all this nonsense and imagine you're the mod that did the banning. How long do you think you'd put up with this before you said "fuck it," and wrote your own Rule 5?

I already said that rule 5 is necessary but that it needs a check so as not to be abused by the mods. Mod abuse has happened here already (chas using his mod powers to ridicule Egor for instance) and will happen again.

I'm not saying I and I shouldn't have been banned(I said I don't like it). I am saying the banning should be justified with specific evidence and not some meaningless generalization like he repeatedly violated rule 5.
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2013, 08:32 PM
(19-11-2013 08:29 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  At first I thought he was kinda fun/funny like that crazy uncle who says racist shit and thinks aliens are after him...but after awhile you just get sick of him. The AIDS thread was the last straw for me..I der-eped him right before his ban....

Not only did he do his normal 'I will ignore you until you get so pissed off that you go play fetch for some mundane arbitrary detail in some deep specialized study' but he did it like 2 or 3 times in that thread and each time ignored the specific piece of evidence neatly provided. That Chippy dude and Bucky gave him everything on a silver platter and he refused to eat.

He was/is a troll.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8G2s--1zA[/youtube]

Just a quick note, the bb-code for videos is:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8G2s--1zA[/video]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-11-2013, 08:32 PM
(19-11-2013 08:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 08:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I see you would rather have everyone lock step with the mods then express their own opinions.

If I were to start a forum, it would be very much like this one, except that the mods would be required to justify with specific examples any censuring of an established poster.

If I have a problem with way the mods do things I will leave. I don't have a problem with that idea. You can do that too.

I would encourage you to exercise your choice and leave.

If you have a problem with me expressing my opinion on a forum which touts itself as being a place of free expression then you should leave.

I would encourage you to exercise your choice and leave.
19-11-2013, 08:33 PM
(19-11-2013 08:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 08:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dude. All you gotta do is lookit all this nonsense and imagine you're the mod that did the banning. How long do you think you'd put up with this before you said "fuck it," and wrote your own Rule 5?

I already said that rule 5 is necessary but that it needs a check so as not to be abused by the mods. Mod abuse has happened here already (chas using his mod powers to ridicule Egor for instance) and will happen again.

I'm not saying I and I shouldn't have been banned(I said I don't like it). I am saying the banning should be justified with specific evidence and not some meaningless generalization like he repeatedly violated rule 5.

The most important thing is the health of the forum. At the end of the day this is a community. The general health and the attitude and morale of the forum is important. This is a place for people to come to discuss with and enjoy the community of like minded people. It is not for everyone. However, if people are causing problems that cause the forum health to degrade, the mods are well within their right to step in.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
19-11-2013, 08:33 PM
As I said in I$I's thread, he walked a very fine line between being a complete asshole and a weird but reasonable dude. But with time and post after post his intentions became clearer and clearer.
He never, not even once, had an honest conversation here, he never participated in other's threads if it weren't for derailing it with his double-intentioned "questions". He never answered a direct question, he never admitted he was wrong, even if it was evident and it didn't affect his argument.
He was a douche and he proved it, he had plenty of opportunities and he was warned, people told him, with patience and respectfully, many many times why he was dismissed so quickly and he never even bothered to explain himself or to change his ways.
His threads were always meant to disrupt, but disguised in the form of an honest question.

He wasn't honest, he only wanted to disrupt the forum, and he did it skilfully enough to make it look good enough so the mods gave him plenty of chances and benefits of the doubt.

He expressed himself, and he expressed he was an asshole, so he got banned... What else do you need?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
19-11-2013, 08:34 PM
No one cares what patronizing aholes, with -8's, think or do not think, do, or do not do, say or do not say, about processes they were not privy to, about anything that goes on, on TTA. No one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-11-2013, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 08:40 PM by ridethespiral.)
(19-11-2013 08:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just a quick note, the bb-code for videos is:

Yeah I fixed it. Sometime you think you know a tag and you just have to go for it in quick reply....sometimes you get burned.... Sometimes you building a website and you set min-width to 'auto' cause you think, "oh that's got to be valid," but no it's not it needs to be '0' ... hazards of markup, oh the hazards of markup.

Code highlighting/validation for BBCODE would be an awesome bookmarklet/browser plugin.

19-11-2013, 08:37 PM
(19-11-2013 08:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 08:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dude. All you gotta do is lookit all this nonsense and imagine you're the mod that did the banning. How long do you think you'd put up with this before you said "fuck it," and wrote your own Rule 5?

I gave you that shit, dude. Besides, mods got other jobs to do, and the only payment for doing it is attitude and disdain. On top of all that, you think they want to listen to this crap?

It's not going to happen and it is unreasonable to expect it to happen. A forum is meant to be fun. Justifying your every action is the opposite of that.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-11-2013, 08:37 PM
(19-11-2013 08:36 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 08:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just a quick note, the bb-code for videos is:

Yeah I fixed it, sometime you think you know a tag and you just have to go for it in quick reply....sometimes you get burned. Sometimes you building a website and you set min-width:auto cause you think, "oh that's got to be valid," but no it's not it needs to be '0'.

I feel your pain brother.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.