I and I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
RE: I and I
(07-12-2012 04:24 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 04:18 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And this is precisely what I am talking about. How dare I criticize your leadership, my dear leader.

Since it seems that spamming the thread with endless threads seems acceptable, I think I might start it myself. And you'll know when I decide to do so.
You misunderstand. I'm not your leader, nor do I wish to be.

That said, your threats indicate you really could us some guidance and leadership. Time to pull up your big boy pants and start acting your age. Passive agressive tantrums will get you nowhere.
Your condescending attitude demonstrates your inability to keep your neutrality when anyone voices their opinion pertaining to the forum. If anyone needs any sort of guidance, it is you. So far, out of all the posts here, you are among the only ones who have thrown an ad hominem on this thread. I have not maliciously attacked anyone specifically, and I do not intend to degrade your character.

I have voiced a complaint about I&I's spamming. You want to know why I preemptively attacked your leadership? Because in never fails that, no matter what, if someone has a complaint it eventually devolves into you flinging ad hominems. I cannot even raise a point with you without being put on the defensive.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 04:31 PM
(07-12-2012 04:26 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 04:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, he is an administrator. It is not his business alone.
I dont get it? So administrators should second guess their actions in a way that represents the forum?
No, let me try one more time.

An admin has the ability to give large +/- rep. I&I was at -4 as the result of normal member repping.
Erx used his admin power to bring I&I out of neg rep land, cancelling out the judgement of the forum members.

That's the way I see it - as a big fuck you to the members.

Had he done +1 or +2, then I wouldn't have a beef.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I and I
(07-12-2012 04:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 04:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think its up to Erx on who and how much rep he gives out, for whatever reason he so wishes... as is the right of every single forum user here.

That is his business and his alone.
No, he is an administrator. It is not his business alone.

Chas, you'll likely not appreciate this, but I find myself disappointed that it feels in my mind that you can't take a joke. I know this is not generally true of you, but that's what I am feeling today.

So, understanding that you thought I said Fuck You to the forum, which I certainly did not do, because you think I abused some sort of power, I apologize that you felt insulted by my action.

With that said, I also suggest you take a look at why you felt insulted when there wasn't a shred of intention to do so.

That you've lost respect for me makes me sad, but I've now apologized for my behavior now that I know you are upset about it.

I now leave your own feelings and thoughts about the matter with you and hope we are still mutual friends.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
(07-12-2012 04:29 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 04:24 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You misunderstand. I'm not your leader, nor do I wish to be.

That said, your threats indicate you really could us some guidance and leadership. Time to pull up your big boy pants and start acting your age. Passive agressive tantrums will get you nowhere.
Your condescending attitude demonstrates your inability to keep your neutrality when anyone voices their opinion pertaining to the forum. If anyone needs any sort of guidance, it is you. So far, out of all the posts here, you are among the only ones who have thrown an ad hominem on this thread. I have not maliciously attacked anyone specifically, and I do not intend to degrade your character.

I have voiced a complaint about I&I's spamming. You want to know why I preemptively attacked your leadership? Because in never fails that, no matter what, if someone has a complaint it eventually devolves into you flinging ad hominems. I cannot even raise a point with you without being put on the defensive.
...and if this is an opinion shared by the membership of this forum, I will humbly step down and allow the membership to choose a willing replacement.

Just visiting.

-SR
07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
(07-12-2012 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  K, let's get this straight....I am not computer savvy at all. It may be that MyBB is free, and there's other costs involved? DeepThought takes careof that part of the forum, but he is unavailable at the moment.

Chas, if you are serious, I would gladly accept your help!
I'm serious, but I need to know if I have the chops.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2012, 04:48 PM
(07-12-2012 04:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 04:29 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Your condescending attitude demonstrates your inability to keep your neutrality when anyone voices their opinion pertaining to the forum. If anyone needs any sort of guidance, it is you. So far, out of all the posts here, you are among the only ones who have thrown an ad hominem on this thread. I have not maliciously attacked anyone specifically, and I do not intend to degrade your character.

...and if this is an opinion shared by the membership of this forum, I will humbly step down and allow the membership to choose a willing replacement.
Even if it were so, I would not desire your stepping down. I would rather ask you to rethink your strategy in dealing with forum matters such as these.

Poonjab
07-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Lol. Who is I&I?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
07-12-2012, 05:08 PM
(07-12-2012 05:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Lol. Who is I&I?
[Image: 5e8a80ea_picard-facepalm.png]

Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
07-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm not any good at programming but wouldn't adding an ignore thread feature simply just be adding or tweaking a bit of coding for the ignore user feature. So that when you choose to ignore a user their threads are invisible in the same way their posts would be?
07-12-2012, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 06:58 PM by Free Thought.)
While I do agree with the notion that I$I is spamming to political section, I support the addition of an "Ignore X's threads" kind of thing more than anything. Makes me wish I had money to donate to that cause... stupid physical money.

But I have one comment on the little squabble between Logica and Stark, and to the thread in general.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post