I and I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: I and I
(07-12-2012 02:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Again, what's really the issue here? No really? What is it that bothers you who are complaining?
Bishadi and Arctic were posting the same thing over and over again. AND, they were spoken to by Stark about keeping their topics limited to one thread if it was the same topic. They probably would've been tolerated, but both belligerently refused to heed the warning and both were extremely belligerent to the forum as a whole, so Stark put the banhammer on them.
I haven't seen I&I be mean spirited or belligerent. In fact, when he's not talking politics, his sense of humor is quite similar to my own and I enjoy it. I don't read his political stuff because I don't care for it. I find it bullshit, but I also find it food for thought sometimes. But for the most part, I ignore it, because that's how I live my life. If I don't like something, I don't participate in it.
As for starting topics that are the same thing, I & I started to do that the other day and I closed the thread and then contacted him to explain, "if you're already talking about capitalism, you've already got a thread for that." Okay, he was fine with that.
I look down the list you've created and I see that there are MAYBE a couple of topics that could be combined, but for the most part they are separate topics. Yes, they all carry the same slant. He wants to see a communist system and an end to capitalism and the US Industrial Military Complex that supports filling the pockets of the rich. You know what? That last part especially is not a bad argument. That's his over-riding philosophy so it appears in what he says about different events.
You know what? All of my topics carry the same slant. I have a personal distaste for religion. So I can post a football story and say it's stupid that players thank God. I can post a joke and say, see this laughs at god. I can tell a story and say I used to think it was God but now I see it's not. The thing is, most of you feel the way I do about religion so you find no problem with it. But in I&I's case, you find his arguments ridiculous so you go on a crusade to silence the voice of dissent.
Well, America was built upon the voices of dissent. So were many other countries around the world. Is TTA now a forum for silencing dissent and creating Groupthink? If it is, I'm outta here. So long and thanks for all the fish.
So, is it your proposal that from now on we limit forum members on the number of Threads that they can open? Because that's what you're implying in your complaint against I&I.
And calling me or my actions Daft? Call me and whatever the fuck I do what ever you want. I've done nothing wrong. I have not hurt you or slandered you or even the actual fuck directed my Rep of him to anyone else but him. You don't like it? I can't help that. I will say I'm sorry you don't like it, but I don't have to explain what I do unless I want to. I don't remember going around posting about other members asking why they said what they said or did what they did. You want to single me out because I'm admin, fine. I can deal with it.
Now, in general:
If anyone has an actual complaint, please make a cogent argument. Don't just say, So and So posts a lot and I don't like what s/he says, so ban him/her because I get butt hurt when I see people post things that I find ridiculous."
I called you out for that +4 rep because it was an in-your-face-fuck-you to the members of this forum.

I&I posts the same shit over and over in an aggressive, insulting manner and people are tired of it. His posts are not informative, constructive, inviting, or amusing.

You and Stark are being dismissive of people's concerns and getting all defensive when called on it.

If that's the way you want things to go, it's certainly your call.
But when people say they don't like it, you might try listening to it and discussing it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2012, 03:00 PM
(07-12-2012 02:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 02:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Perhaps it's time for you to play an exciting game of hide-and-go-fuck-yourself.

Tsk, tsk. Over-reacting a bit, are we?
Lol, careful you don't read something that's not there. Perhaps if I'd followed my statement with a little yellow smiley drinking coffee, you'd realize I was barely reacting at all, let alone over reacting.

And BTW, Lucradis nailed it with his quote mining comment. I think I&I's comment was a forgivable (if not completely justified) reaction, even though you've plucked it from a thread and made it look as though he was just being a dick for no reason.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Chas, I think I speak for both erx and I here.......we are not being dismissive of people's concerns. But their concerns on the matter are not going to result in banning someone. What we are dismissing is taking action, in an administrative role, against someone who hasn't broken any rules.

If you guys just wanna talk about your dislike for I&I, have at it. But there's no administrative action to be taken.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
07-12-2012, 03:10 PM
(07-12-2012 03:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 02:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Tsk, tsk. Over-reacting a bit, are we?
Lol, careful you don't read something that's not there. Perhaps if I'd followed my statement with a little yellow smiley drinking coffee, you'd realize I was barely reacting at all, let alone over reacting.

And BTW, Lucradis nailed it with his quote mining comment. I think I&I's comment was a forgivable (if not completely justified) reaction, even though you've plucked it from a thread and made it look as though he was just being a dick for no reason.

Some one posted a statement that was totally unrelated to I&I's topic. Like Erx likes to do in most any thread. That's the context.

I haven't seen anyone calling erx fucking stupid when he does it. And, no, in my book it's not forgivable to use abusive language, I don't tend to hang with people who like to use abusive language at the drop of a hat.

Then again, I don't hang with I&I anyways so I don't care. And when I jump in on derailment, I expect it. Derailing can be very frustrating when someone feels strongly about a topic. But like I said, there is nary a thread here that doesn't get derailed.

I just brought it up since someone said that I&I didn't do such things. Well, he does.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-12-2012, 03:15 PM
(07-12-2012 03:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Chas, I think I speak for both erx and I here.......we are not being dismissive of people's concerns. But their concerns on the matter are not going to result in banning someone. What we are dismissing is taking action, in an administrative role, against someone who hasn't broken any rules.

If you guys just wanna talk about your dislike for I&I, have at it. But there's no administrative action to be taken.

I have not asked for any administrative action.

The only thing I have done is call out Erxy for his ridiculous +4 repping. As I said, it was insulting to the forum members.

I think I&I is a dickhead, his posts are annoying and disruptive.
Administrative action request: I really would like to have the ability to make his threads disappear from my view.
We have a thread subscribe feature, obviously we could have a thread ignore feature. It ain't rocket surgery. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2012, 03:49 PM
If people bother you that much, simply ignore them; either by using the function on this board, or by doing it manually. Trolling them, spamming their threads and insulting them is counter-productive at best and immature and hypocritical at worst. Honestly, why would you need to complain about I and I by opening a thread about him? Why didn't you just PM the moderators/admins? You've been here long enough to know that I and I won't get banned simply because he is opening a lot of "meaningless [sic]" threads.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
(07-12-2012 03:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 03:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Chas, I think I speak for both erx and I here.......we are not being dismissive of people's concerns. But their concerns on the matter are not going to result in banning someone. What we are dismissing is taking action, in an administrative role, against someone who hasn't broken any rules.

I have not asked for any administrative action.

The only thing I have done is call out Erxy for his ridiculous +4 repping. As I said, it was insulting to the forum members.

I think I&I is a dickhead, his posts are annoying and disruptive.
Administrative action request: I really would like to have the ability to make his threads disappear from my view.
We have a thread subscribe feature, obviously we could have a thread ignore feature. It ain't rocket surgery. Drinking Beverage
Unfortunately, it just isn't that simple. There is no "ignore thread" option. We are restricted by the program the forum runs on, and we don't see much money flow through, so the budget for updates that cost money is very tight. Truth is, of it weren't for the money that has been donated by members, we'd be running an even older version of MyBB.

I am looking into this though. I'll do everything I can, but just be aware, that isn't much.

07-12-2012, 03:57 PM
(07-12-2012 03:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  The only thing I have done is call out Erxy for his ridiculous +4 repping. As I said, it was insulting to the forum members.
Really? Insulting? If anyone was insulted by his +4 rep to I and I, then I would say that they are looking too far into it and taking it too seriously.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
07-12-2012, 04:00 PM
(07-12-2012 03:57 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 03:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  The only thing I have done is call out Erxy for his ridiculous +4 repping. As I said, it was insulting to the forum members.
Really? Insulting? If anyone was insulted by his +4 rep to I and I, then I would say that they are looking too far into it and taking it too seriously.
The community had widely neg repped him and Erx used his admin rep ability to bring him out of negative territory.

I find it insulting, your mileage may vary.

07-12-2012, 04:01 PM
(07-12-2012 03:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Truth is, of it weren't for the money that has been donated by members, we'd be running an even older version of MyBB.
Huh? Up until now, I was under the impression that MyBB is a free and open source software.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]