I been given this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 02:23 PM
I been given this
Are you aware of this "dr" or his drivel, one of my students sent me the link, what's the quickest way for to shoot the context down and get kids back to thinking about evolution as I am expected to teach it! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=GwCu4rh7k...7kUk&gl=GB
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: I been given this
I thought you were a psychology teacher?

Why do you need to teach evolution? Isn't that up to the biology teachers?
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehog648's post
08-02-2013, 06:10 PM
(08-02-2013 02:36 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  I thought you were a psychology teacher?

Why do you need to teach evolution? Isn't that up to the biology teachers?
Something is fishy here indeed.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
08-02-2013, 06:17 PM
(08-02-2013 02:23 PM)paulhe Wrote:  Are you aware of this "dr" or his drivel, one of my students sent me the link, what's the quickest way for to shoot the context down and get kids back to thinking about evolution as I am expected to teach it! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=GwCu4rh7k...7kUk&gl=GB

Why is it necessary to "shoot the context down"? We probably don't agree with it (I admit I don't have the time to watch it) but do you really expect that an argument against it will matter? Your students that don't believe in evolution due to their religious views are not going to be persuaded just because you found holes in one video that you were presented with. If it's actually true that you're going to be teaching evolution, just teach it; if your students learn the basics, it will be easy for them to see the evidence themselves in artificial selection and virus mutation. Those who refuse to believe it is true will not.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2013, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 05:30 PM by fstratzero.)
Using a term like genetic entropy is actually really funny.

If you think about entropy it's an ordered state to disorder, or simplicity to complexity, which would actually support the idea of diversification of DNA from from a simple organism to more complex ones.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Teaching and understanding what you are teaching is the key. You might need to take some more evolutionary biology courses at your local college or do some heavy research online to find any technical information you may need to enhance your own understanding of evolutionary theory. If you do not have a degree in biology and are expected to teach evolution to your students, then stop right there.

You will do more harm than good. Invite someone qualified to come and teach at your school.
A music teacher who knows nothing about football, makes for a horrible football coach.
The children in turn will get massacred and ridiculed for their play on the field.

This is what happens to young men and women when they enter into a university biology class, when in high school, they didn't even get the basic knowledge or concept of evolution taught to them.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results