I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 04:53 PM
I believe
I believe, based on reason and experience, that:

[1] All sane mature persons in the world are very intelligent beings even if they play, before me (being one of the men on bottom Wink ), the role of an idiot rather perfectly Wink

[2] The priorities in life (and their paths to live them) differ from one person to another as our personal DNAs are different Wink In other words, no two similar persons exist, in all respects.

[3] The useful truth (scientific or else) is always relative to the observer. Even if we call the set of all universal truths “the Absolute Truth”, a person needs to know/discover ‘just’ a subset of it in order to get/reach ‘his relative perfect knowledge’. In other words, should an expert in electrical machines be also expert in electronics or be a skilled farmer?

[4] A sane mature person ‘cannot’ change his main priorities in life even if he wants to. But he may choose, with time, following different paths if this helps him live these priorities in a better way.

[5] No one in the world admits he is a victim of brainwashing. But the majority of people everywhere don’t mind seeing those who don’t agree with them as being brainwashed, if not idiots Wink

[6] ...

I think you don’t mind if I stop here Wink Thank you.

Since I also believe that my logic is not perfect and I may have missed some facts during my observations, please don’t hesitate to correct anything I said that doesn’t fit in your reality (I mean on your personal ground... not on our wonderful audio/video monitors Wink ).

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: I believe
Being brainwashed isn't so bad -- as long as they use Woolite....

Big Grin

Welcome aboard..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-06-2016, 05:18 PM
I think people on either side of an issue are more than ready to admit they were brainwashed. Especially if they have changed their views.
Welcome.
28-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Greetings!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
28-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Welcome. And I agree about everyone being brain washed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Hi Dom,

Please don't tell me that by saying:
"... And I agree about everyone being brain washed."
you meant that no one has agreed with you on anything seems true to you Wink

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
28-06-2016, 06:36 PM
(28-06-2016 06:31 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Hi Dom,

Kerim

No, I mean that to a point we are all subject to what we have been exposed to as children. Whether we know it or not, and whether we have rejected parts of it or not, we are all still the product of brain washing. It is what supplements genetic make-up. Think of it like a software update.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-06-2016, 07:15 PM
(28-06-2016 06:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 06:31 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Hi Dom,

Kerim

No, I mean that to a point we are all subject to what we have been exposed to as children. Whether we know it or not, and whether we have rejected parts of it or not, we are all still the product of brain washing. It is what supplements genetic make-up. Think of it like a software update.

Mental imprinting Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-06-2016, 07:59 PM
Hello KerimF! Big Grin