I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: I believe
It is sad that the best I heard here is a brief welcome (after all, it is better than nothing Wink ).
The remaining great replies were of the same spirit that I used hearing in Muslim, Jewish and Christian forums for a few.

So thank you for giving me the chance to live this experience with you from which it became clear that being humorous with strangers has nothing to do with being a believer or Atheist.

So I think our friend "Commonsensei" (who kindly welcomed Kermit into this forum) is right. We should stop the fun here and start it in some other threads Wink

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 06:27 PM
(29-06-2016 06:20 PM)KerimF Wrote:  It is sad that the best I heard here is a brief welcome (after all, it is better than nothing Wink ).
The remaining great replies were of the same spirit that I used hearing in Muslim, Jewish and Christian forums for a few.

So thank you for giving me the chance to live this experience with you from which it became clear that being humorous with strangers has nothing to do with being a believer or Atheist.

So I think our friend "Commonsensei" (who kindly welcomed Kermit into this forum) is right. We should stop the fun here and start it in some other threads Wink

Why? There's plenty of fun left here.

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naïve

#sigh
29-06-2016, 11:16 PM
(29-06-2016 11:00 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 09:29 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Your #3 is flat out wrong. The truth of something in the world is independent of the observer. If it weren't, then nothing in science could be reproduced because of the observer's point of view. 2+2=4 no matter where you are or who you are.

Thank you for rising this important point. And I am sorry for not being clearer earlier.

The addition function (or alike) is actually just a tool (needed by the logical reasoning) to find something useful (a certain truth, if you like).

You remind me when I was at the university about 35 years ago. At that time, I was able getting a programmable calculator (made by TI). I spent about a month to be familiar with its functions in order to solve non-linear complex equations on it. At a final exam (in electrical motors), after I find out the non-linear equation that solves its main problem, I entered it into the memory of the calculator and got the answer after a couple of minutes (if this was done by a conventional calculator, it would take many hours). My professor was surprised that I gave him the right answer (not only the equation) but took it as a result of cheating. So I gave him my calculator and prayed him to show me how I cheated. He said: But I don't know how to use it. I told him: Should I be sorry (if not punished) for learning a new tool to speed up my calculations while other undergraduates have more time for dancing parties Wink
I got 96% not 100% because for him what I did wasn't as good as I was seeing it Wink

I repeat; the tools used by the logical reasoning (as of your example) might be necessary to find one's truth. Of course, being based on a wrong logic will likely lead to unreal answers (I said 'likely' because in rare cases it may also lead to the right answer by a mere coincidence Wink ).

Kerim

True, but it goes beyond that. The invisible pink unicorn is an example of how one's perspective has no bearing on the truth of whether the unicorn actually exists. You may be logically justified in your mind's eye based on incomplete data, poor evidence, or bad epistemology that it is real but that has nothing to do with perspective whether it actually is real. I agree, the math analogy was low hanging fruit, but my point still stands.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-06-2016, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2016 02:36 AM by KerimF.)
(29-06-2016 11:16 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  True, but it goes beyond that. The invisible pink unicorn is an example of how one's perspective has no bearing on the truth of whether the unicorn actually exists. You may be logically justified in your mind's eye based on incomplete data, poor evidence, or bad epistemology that it is real but that has nothing to do with perspective whether it actually is real. I agree, the math analogy was low hanging fruit, but my point still stands.

It happens that during my life (mainly since I was teen) I couldn't believe 'anything' (scientific or else) just because some others have confirmed, or even proved, it is real and/or real. Of course, I may have agreed on many things that were also accepted by some others if they passed my personal logical reasoning; therefore I was able adding them in my set of knowledge (in which all ideas have to be coherent and based on the same axioms and logic).

So I envy people who have the ability to accept things in their life just because a certain majority did and therefore they can joining it and share its glory (if not more).
I mean if I was made the way they are, my journey would be much easier to live since I would have focused just on how to get good/special food, beautiful/big shelters and... various sexual relationships Wink But what I am is what I am.

So I am not here to prove or convince anyone about anything. And I may discuss specific subjects in case some persons asked me to do it only... between friends (for adding new experiences or for fun if they were not serious in the first place Wink ).

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
30-06-2016, 02:49 AM
Sorry, I was informed right now, by your boss GirlyMan, that I am not welcomed in this forum anymore. And I respect his will since I am just a guest in his house.

Goodbye.

30-06-2016, 12:12 PM

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user